• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Don Mattrick: "Fortunately" consumers without a connection can buy Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camp Lo

Banned
Wait, is Northern Ireland greyed out while the rest of Britain and Ireland is green?

braveheart.gif

That nuclear sub comment...what the...where was he going with that?

Mattrick: "...yeah, and I know a guy who's in a nuclear sub who can't play!"

Geoff: "Wow, that sucks!"

Mattrick: "I know!"

Why the buggering hell would he just come out and bring everyone's attention to a completely fucked aspect of the thing?

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Mattrick said they anticipated the backlash...so instead of damage control let's piss of gamers and insult them even more. Makes perfect sense.

Harp

Day One Cost for Full Functional Experience
Playstation 4 Xbox One

System Price $399 $499
One game $60 $60
Xbox Live/Playstation Plus* $60 $60
Cable Tv $- $55
Internet* $45 $45
Netflix $8 $8
Hulu $8 $8
HBO GO $- $15
Sony Unlimited/Xbox Music $10 $10
Total $590 $760 Difference $170
PS4 Without internet* $545

* note that Playstation plus is currently only $50 dollars per year. Possible price increase for PS4

My Estimate

Binabik15

It's the gift that keeps on giving. I would prefer good news and healthy competition, though. There's not enough Schadenfreude in me to find MS charging at full speed into the abyss funny.

itsgreen

Playstation 4 Xbox One

System Price $399 $499
One game $60 $60
Cable Tv $- $55
Internet* $45 $45
Netflix $8 $8
Hulu $8 $8
HBO GO $- $15

* note that Playstation plus is currently only $50 dollars per year. Possible price increase for PS4

My Estimate

That is some creative bull shit.

Also because people already pay for cable and internet..

Harp

That is some creative bull shit.

Also because people already pay for cable and internet..

The point of it is a full functional experiance. Based on what is being championed by the two. Internet price is included in both systems and all cost are pretty low balled. And neither is water or electricity. Remove the cost of both for each system and the difference is still 100 bucks.

andycapps

Playstation 4 Xbox One

System Price $399 $499
One game $60 $60
Cable Tv $- $55
Internet* $45 $45
Netflix $8 $8
Hulu $8 $8
HBO GO $- $15

My Estimate

This thread is now complete, we have a comparison chart. Someone post the cartoon from the PS3s (?) launch. Or maybe it was Nintendo.

newjeruse

I think what he said directly after was more telling. Do Mattrick/MS really think the only slice of people affected by their Draconian policies are edge cases like people on nuclear subs? That explains a lot if true.

Thorakai

Playstation 4 Xbox One

System Price $399 $499
One game $60 $60
Cable Tv $- $55
Internet* $45 $45
Netflix $8 $8
Hulu $8 $8
HBO GO $- $15

My Estimate

You forgot the hookers to play multiplayer games with.

Jon93

Neo Member
Playstation 4 Xbox One

System Price $399 $499
One game $60 $60
Cable Tv $- $55
Internet* $45 $45
Netflix $8 $8
Hulu $8 $8
HBO GO $- $15

My Estimate

Who the hell buys access to all those services just to consider their console "Fully featured", nobody that's who.

I'd say, Console, online service, and a game. PS4 is $520 USD and Xbone is $640.

BadWolf

Who the hell buys access to all those services just to consider their console "Fully featured", nobody that's who.

I'd say, Console, online service, and a game. PS4 is $520 USD and Xbone is $640.

Heck in PS4's case you can even skip the game since you get access to Drive club and an indie game a month.

RobbieH

Apparently Microsoft wants you to:

Microsoft said:
Xbox One Requirements:

• Requires broadband internet (ISP fees apply), a Microsoft account and an account on Xbox Live in an Xbox One-supported Xbox Live country/region, and 720p or higher HDMI-compatible TV. To receive live TV via broadcast or cable, supported receiver device (television tuner or cable/satellite set top box) with HDMI output and HDMI cable required (all sold separately).
  • Additional subscriptions, internet speed and/or requirements apply for some features.
  • Kinect Sensor for Xbox One (included) and periodic system software updates required for continued use; significant updates may be required during set-up and over time (ISP fees apply).
  • Some games not transferable and have no resale value; restrictions on games usage apply.
  • Games, Kinect and accessories made for Xbox 360 or original Xbox will not work with Xbox One.
  • Xbox One system software uses a significant amount of storage; less internal storage will be available to users. 500 GB = 500 billion bytes.
  • You must accept Xbox Terms of Use (including Xbox software terms and game license terms), Microsoft Services Agreement, and Xbox One 1-year limited warranty. Some games have additional license terms.
  • Terms include binding arbitration with class action waiver to resolve disputes.
  • Additional requirements will apply.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/pre-order-xbox-one/disclaimer

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Playstation 4 Xbox One

System Price $399 $499
One game $60 $60
Cable Tv $- $55
Internet* $45 $45
Netflix $8 $8
Hulu $8 $8
HBO GO $- $15

My Estimate

You forgot a three story house to play that X1 in. As well as lobster dinners while you watch cable tv on your X1.

BigDug13

Playstation 4 Xbox One

System Price $399 $499
One game $60 $60
Cable Tv $- $55
Internet* $45 $45
Netflix $8 $8
Hulu $8 $8
HBO GO $- $15

My Estimate

Why do you think possible price increase? PS+ is already being enjoyed by Vita and PS3 owners. It wouldn't be wise to shit on them with a higher renewal price.

Honestly, I see nothing wrong with his X360 comment.. because it's true.

MS if creating a system that can fully make the transition to fully digital easily with no repercussions from fans in the coming years. Forced online means that direct digital downloads can become the norm, Sony has set itself up for major backlash if they chose to do that in the future.. as they are going to alienate the retail only consumer if they ever chose to make a full on switch, and they will still have to cater to retail as a full supply chain for the entire console lifetime.

The Xbox One has a stopgap built in to allow both, but knowing all console owners will have a digital connection they will no longer have to always consider how their online store effects things at the retail level. So hopefully we will see a more robust online marketplace with much more fluid pricing and sales.

If you have no internet, complaining you can't play the XBONE is the same as complaining you can't watch Netflix or download PC games. You have other options, go use them.. because catering to that crowd means you are forced to limit other things.

I'd rather have a system that forces an even playing field for devs to program for, one where an internet connection is mandatory.

I feel for those with bandwidth caps, but don't be made at MS for that.. be complaining to your ISP for their antiquated restrictions.

this is genuine, isn't it? oh dear.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I love how he says it's hard to know what the advantages are with xbox one.

LOL.

To my knowledge (i'm 28) this is the only console launch EVER in which the advantages are to be announced at a later time.

gtfo, most of us are not that dumb. Well, people outside of America at least. American's never cease to amaze me with their stupidity.

I'm an american

Fox Mulder

Mexico , really? they plan to launch it here were we have a very bad internet providers.

Good luck MS...

Large parts of rural US have shitty Internet too from companies with monopolies, but that didnt stop MS. Where I live, there's only one option for internet, shitty AT&T dsl or nothing.

reson8or

This video really pissed me off, I get what they think they are trying to do, but he comes off as a arrogant ass.

They really don't get it, do they?

fart town usa

Gold Member
Large parts of rural US have shitty Internet too from companies with monopolies, but that didnt stop MS. Where I live, there's only one option for internet, shitty AT&T dsl or nothing.

Seriously, I sometimes think people forget that America is big as shit and in the midwest farming regions, there is not a whole lot to choose from when it comes to their internet/digital infrastructure.

That's funny but I never support fucking with low-end support people. There is nothing they can do and they just try to do a shitty job and try to be polite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom