• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donald Trump Calls Sadiq Khan a "Stone Cold Loser"

Oct 26, 2018
I didn't see the best tweet posted in this thread.
I nearly fell out of my chair when I heard this mentioned on a podcast.
Trump is awesome.

I don't care if someone claims to be a Trump hater. Got to give him credit for being probably the only western country president or prime minister to have balls and fight back. If a country wants to grill on tariffs, he'll grill back. If a UK mayor wants to do a video saying Trump is an ass, he'll come back.

If this was a schoolyard fistfight, some kids run, some stand their ground. Trump stands toe to toe and swings back.

Got to at least give him some kudos for not caving in like a pansy.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004
I nearly fell out of my chair when I heard this mentioned on a podcast.
-(Probably intentionally) misspells Khan's name
-Insults his height
-Implies Khan is dumb and incompetent
-Praises the UK overall and makes a populist gesture of friendship

That's one action-packed tweet.

Shmunter

Aug 25, 2018
How did this SJW get into a position of power? The man is clearly politically ignorant, diplomatic relations before feelings in the real world.

On display is the real and present risk of far left progressives in power. He won’t last.

Reactions: DocONally

AaronB

May 5, 2013
-(Probably intentionally) misspells Khan's name
-Insults his height
-Implies Khan is dumb and incompetent
-Praises the UK overall and makes a populist gesture of friendship

That's one action-packed tweet.
He also got in a major blow at DiBlasio at the same time. Now that's efficiency.

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
Lol at the Mayor of London thinking he knows the principles America was founded on

Like u know we had a violent revolution against your country? Guns played a part I believe...

• Thoughtful
Reactions: DeepEnigma

Boss Mog

Dec 12, 2013
Under Khan London beat New York in murders in a calendar month for the first time ever. Acid attacks have not only become a thing but they are more and more common. Scooter gangs run amok with impunity as Police are told not to chase them so they (the thugs) don't get hurt. Imagine the mayor caring more about the safety of criminal scum than law-abiding citizens being attacked and terrorized. When it comes to a violent criminal getting hurt or even killed while being dealt with by police, I'm partial to the Ivan Drago way of thinking:

You make choices in life you gotta be prepared to face the consequences of those choices. I will never shed a tear for somebody, even a teenager, who spends their time committing violent crimes against others.

Meanwhile Khan has been tackling London's most serious issue, making sure women on bus billboards are all covered up. He says it's to fight "body shaming" but you don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to figure out the real reason and who he's actually serving.

DocONally

Oct 21, 2014
Yeah, sorry, I'm bad at OPs.

But I did at least put it in the title in quote marks.

I haven't been following Trump's movements in the UK this week, but quick glances at daily headlines suggest that it has been a thoroughly pleasant trip, with only the UK far left getting their media knickers in a twist.

To be fair I don't blame the young students protesting, I used to do similar stuff. I blame the toxic postmodern philosophy coming out of the 20th century and taking root in the media and universities.

Boss Mog

Dec 12, 2013
Welcome back. Well crime is really bad, particularly knife crime and acid attacks, Also scooter gangs which have become untouchable since police aren't allowed to chase them, but I read that policy was gonna maybe change; let's hope so anyway. To be fair to Sadiq, things were already bad when he became mayor but under his leadership it's only gotten much worse so in that regard he deserves criticism. I'll also mention that the bastion of free speech known as Speaker's Corner in Hyde Park was compromised during his tenure.

mekes

Jun 30, 2013
London, UK
Mayor is at the mercy of a conservative government that has been imposing austerity measures for the past 8 years. It’s not the mayors fault in my opinion. He is trying his best and it has not been good enough, because he doesn’t have the resources to turn the tide.

jolof96

Aug 3, 2017
Mayor is at the mercy of a conservative government that has been imposing austerity measures for the past 8 years. It’s not the mayors fault in my opinion. He is trying his best and it has not been good enough, because he doesn’t have the resources to turn the tide.
oh please, hes more interested in taking down beach body ready posters and language policing than actual crime. if its all down to austerity, how come he can set up task forces solely for policing twitter? pretty sure theyre getting paid and not doing it for free...

mekes

Jun 30, 2013
London, UK
oh please, hes more interested in taking down beach body ready posters and language policing than actual crime. if its all down to austerity, how come he can set up task forces solely for policing twitter? pretty sure theyre getting paid and not doing it for free...
You only need to listen to his weekly hour on LBC to get a sense of the sheer scope of subjects he directly deals with. Also, what is stopping him from making the impact that he wants to make.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Is he though? When I see videos of him on twitter advertising feminism and proselytizing to young boys to join the cause, I question where his priorities lie.

Reactions: jolof96

Riven326

Mar 25, 2019
United States
That's terrible. Muslims no doubt. That's why they won't release a description of the suspects. This shit will bite them in the ass in the future when a hardline nationalist administration takes power.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
The whole Naked Gun baseball sequence may be the best movie scene ever.
Movie scene? I thought it was a documentary.

Are you to tell me there are no life size giant condoms for practicing safe sex?

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Can't believe only one person in this thread pulled that reference.

Wonder if Trump used that term subconsciously. Also, his sell of the Stunner sucked.
Trump should just get Austin in his cabinet and send him to stunner Kim and the Mullah's!

mekes

Jun 30, 2013
London, UK
Is he though? When I see videos of him on twitter advertising feminism and proselytizing to young boys to join the cause, I question where his priorities lie.
I’m not on twitter but I thought that’s what the platform is for :messenger_winking:

He honestly seems alright to me. And I quite like Trump, but his lies started this thing with Khan. Trump is name calling because that’s all he really can do against Khan.