• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donald Trump: 'I Will Win the Latino Vote'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
Limbaugh was straight-up sucking Trump off today, going on and on about how brave it was of him to change the national debate about immigration and how much he lost in doing so. But of course he really DIDN'T lose because of some crazy mental gymnastics so yeah suck it libtard feminazi drive-by media! All aboard the Trump train WHOOOOOOO.

it's hilarious that anyone would attempt to carry water for this loser.

I get it that everyone needs to have snarky remarks to anything that Mr Trump says, but doesn't he have a point on illegal immigration?
That the people illegally coming over aren't the top 1%. Automatically classifying illegals as hardened criminals is a great way to get your message heard and in the game he is playing money and exposure are two of the most important things.

At present Mr Trump is making all the right moves and he is apparently polling very nicely.
He is looking likely to get on the debates and we may see some policy suggestions coming from him.
He has a lot of people advising him and in the debates he will likely be going for statesman with less of the politically correctness.

One imagines that Mr Trump will go in with some very clear knocks to Bush and Cruz on their voting record and flip flopping.
They will find it hard to nail him because he has no voting record and he will refer back to be a successful businessman and that's what will start to appeal.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I have a feeling many of these may simply be one sided misunderstanding on Donald Trump's part.

"I hired a lot of Mexicans" to be the new "I have a lot of black friends."
Is it weird that I kinda want this?

I heard this chucklefuck was 2nd in Republican popularity polls behind Jeb Bush, is that true?

That's how bad the pickings are for viable Republican Presidential candidates.
That and the fact that the Republican mainstream has become an idiotic, blabbering mess of insanity, stupidity, and hypocrisy.
How sad that decent Republican politicians are now as common as the dodo.
But they are not stupid at all.
The ones with the power know how to lead the plebes around by the nose, manipulate them, incite their lower passions and drive everyone into a frenzy. Divide and conquer, and stuff all the money they possibly can into their pockets at the expense of the well-being of society.
That is what the Republicans aspire to achieve.

maybe they can say something like

'we have, ya know, a modicum of human decency - like, at least a shred of decency - and so we're gonna come out and say that Trump is a jerkface and we don't think all Mexican illegal immigrants are rapists or killers or criminals and we also don't think Jeb thinks Trumps comments are hurtful because his wife is Mexican. I reiterate we're still against illegal immigration, but like holy shit Trump is an asshole. Like I just want to confirm we're not that awful. We're still pretty awful, but even we have limits.'

Common sense and decency from Republicans? Nevah!

danm999

I get it that everyone needs to have snarky remarks to anything that Mr Trump says, but doesn't he have a point on illegal immigration?
That the people illegally coming over aren't the top 1%. Automatically classifying illegals as hardened criminals is a great way to get your message heard and in the game he is playing money and exposure are two of the most important things.

At present Mr Trump is making all the right moves and he is apparently polling very nicely.
He is looking likely to get on the debates and we may see some policy suggestions coming from him.
He has a lot of people advising him and in the debates he will likely be going for statesman with less of the politically correctness.

One imagines that Mr Trump will go in with some very clear knocks to Bush and Cruz on their voting record and flip flopping.
They will find it hard to nail him because he has no voting record and he will refer back to be a successful businessman and that's what will start to appeal.

It may be great for Trump personally rallying the GOP base in such a way, and it may give his chances at the nomination a shot in the arm with the Tea Party crowd he wouldn't have otherwise, but the damage it's doing to the Republican brand with fast growing minorities means its a disaster for the party. The sort of people who like this rhetoric and messaging are dying off, and the ones who hate it are becoming increasingly prominent.

The RNC has repeatedly identified its weaknesses with Latino voters as the thing that's going to perpetually lock it out of the Presidency (and by extension, the Supreme Court) if not resolved and Trump is just exacerbating that.

It may be great for Trump personally rallying the GOP base in such a way, and it may give his chances at the nomination a shot in the arm with the Tea Party crowd he wouldn't have otherwise, but the damage it's doing to the Republican brand with fast growing minorities means its a disaster for the party. The sort of people who like this rhetoric and messaging are dying off, and the ones who hate it are becoming increasingly prominent.

The RNC has repeatedly identified its weaknesses with Latino voters as the thing that's going to perpetually lock it out of the Presidency (and by extension, the Supreme Court) if not resolved and Trump is just exacerbating that.

I see Mr Trump toning it down shortly and arriving with some possible programs and policies. He has the attention now, he just has to arrive with some substantial solution.

Its a funny situation that both parties are trying hard to get Latinos but aren't clear on policy... So far.

Let's see what Mr Trump brings next.

danm999

I see Mr Trump toning it down shortly and arriving with some possible programs and policies. He has the attention now, he just has to arrive with some substantial solution.

You do know how these Republican Primaries work right? Front runners switch more often than a Mario Kart race where only blue shells are spawning.

Tone it down and some other idiot takes the lead.

I think everybody in 2012 polled first at some point and look at that train wreck.

You do know how these Republican Primaries work right? Front runners switch more often than a Mario Kart race where only blue shells are spawning.

I think everybody in 2012 polled first at some point and look at that train wreck.

Don't remember Newt Gingrich every having the lead and I'm not sure about Santorum, but otherwise, I think that's right.

What a shame though, I want to see Trump get nominated and the Republicans absolutely destroyed in the election, 70-30

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
maybe they can say something like

'we have, ya know, a modicum of human decency - like, at least a shred of decency - and so we're gonna come out and say that Trump is a jerkface and we don't think all Mexican illegal immigrants are rapists or killers or criminals and we also don't think Jeb thinks Trumps comments are hurtful because his wife is Mexican. I reiterate we're still against illegal immigration, but like holy shit Trump is an asshole. Like I just want to confirm we're not that awful. We're still pretty awful, but even we have limits.'

that doesnt accomplish anything for them, in fact it would hurt them if as a party they did that.

not only would they validate his opinion, they would be showing that they are supportive of immigration even in the slightest. The vilification of immigrants HELPS the Republicans because otherwise why would their "no immigration reform" stance make a lick of sense to their own party?

they wont do anything about it.

I do know how the Primaries work and its going to be interesting to see what policy suggestions candidates start coming up with.actual solution suggestions.

Mr Trump is a completely different operator compared to the 2012 field, Im sure some people will draw a comparsion of Cain to Mr Trump, but thats a long stretch.

Its going to be an interesting couple of weeks.

danm999

I do know how the Primaries work and its going to be interesting to see what policy suggestions candidates start coming up with.actual solution suggestions.

Mr Trump is a completely different operator compared to the 2012 field, Im sure some people will draw a comparsion of Cain to Mr Trump, but thats a long stretch.

Trumps already proposed a solution.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/dona...der-wall-as-president-mexico-will-pay-for-it/

It is in fact wackier than anything proposed in 2012.

neoism

5Cu1ZZp.png

http://youtu.be/-Xih5HyFOYg

Ecotic

Trump's bombast and infectious self-exaltation is starting to get to me GAF. If given the choice between Sanders and Trump in the general, I'd have to go Trump.

-legalized gambling nationwide
-annex Mexico
-'Pinay Palace' become leading American chain
-steal Iraqi oil, give it to Exxon
-toxic chemical reclamation plants for all rundown cities
-'Welcome to the Jungle' becomes national anthem

It'll be beautiful

D*n*ld *rump is **king s*me cr*zy *ss drugs ** *hink *h**.

*ls* wh**s g*ing *n wi*h *he si*e. *ll *he *hre*d *i*les h*ve *** in *hem cens*ring s*uff *r s*me*hing. Very h*rd ** re*d *hre*d *i*les.

wildfire

Banned
This guy has 3 million followers on twitter.

Too bad they are on the losing side of history with same-sex marriage and greater promotion of equality between races.

The guy is entertaining. That's why a large number of people are following him though that quotation extension someone linked to a few posts up serves my needs just as well.

wildfire

Banned
Trump's bombast and infectious self-exaltation is starting to get to me GAF. If given the choice between Sanders and Trump in the general, I'd have to go Trump.

-legalized gambling nationwide
-annex Mexico
-'Pinay Palace' become leading American chain
-steal Iraqi oil, give it to Exxon
-toxic chemical reclamation plants for all rundown cities
-'Welcome to the Jungle' becomes national anthem

It'll be beautiful

So will nuclear war with Putin? Sorry but I realistically see a Trump presidency leading to a pissing match with Russia where the entire world loses.

And Gingrich, as noted above. And Giuliani. And Fred Thompson. And Huckabee.

McCain was polling in a third or fourth place in early December 2007.

Nothing matters about the primaries until early next year.

Nothing matters about the general election until after the conventions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom