• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

News Donald Trump Impeached for a Second Time

SF Kosmo

...please disperse...
Jul 7, 2020

Interesting take on what a possible trap/self-own impeachment could be. Basically it's unclear right now if they can have both a senate trial and still approve cabinet picks for Biden or pass stimulus at the same time. An impeachment trial, even a fast one, could take a month or two.

It could also be used as a pretty sizable bargaining chip by McConnell.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Sep 5, 2014
USA

:pie_thinking:

Ixiah

Banned
Feb 16, 2018
You know i almost hope they put him on trial, because then they actualy had to bring real evidence
and would be forced to allow the other side to counter them.
That would be such a blow for the Dems. not to mention the damage it would do
for the Mid-Terms when they fail to convict.

Thaedolus

Banned
Jun 9, 2004
You know i almost hope they put him on trial, because then they actualy had to bring real evidence
and would be forced to allow the other side to counter them.
That would be such a blow for the Dems. not to mention the damage it would do
for the Mid-Terms when they fail to convict.
Trump in a setting of rules, procedure and objective evidence is pure comedy. Please please please let there be a trial (and Lordy- there will be many) because watching an idiot do idiot stuff when the forum doesn’t really allow it, or brutally rejects it, is so fun to watch.

I’m sorta 50-50 on whether Trump and his spawn have political viability going forward...part of me thinks they’ll still be a force in the GOP, but gatdamn if having all their criminality exposed and punished doesn’t get me a little chub goin...

Ixiah

Banned
Feb 16, 2018
Trump in a setting of rules, procedure and objective evidence is pure comedy. Please please please let there be a trial (and Lordy- there will be many) because watching an idiot do idiot stuff when the forum doesn’t really allow it, or brutally rejects it, is so fun to watch.

I’m sorta 50-50 on whether Trump and his spawn have political viability going forward...part of me thinks they’ll still be a force in the GOP, but gatdamn if having all their criminality exposed and punished doesn’t get me a little chub goin...
Yeah hes so dumb, thats why he made it to into the White House........
And you cheer for a trial, setup by assholes who are guilty of the exact thing Trump is accused off.
I would love to see them justifing how his tweets are an appeal for Insurection, which they cant and you know it.
But hey, Trump is th evil one here, sure....

Thaedolus

Banned
Jun 9, 2004
And you cheer for a trial, setup by assholes who are guilty of the exact thing Trump is accused off.
I would love to see them justifing how his tweets are an appeal for Insurection, which they cant and you know it.
But hey, Trump is th evil one here, sure....
Yes, he is. As far as him being dumb, just go look up some quotes from the people that worked with him. Tillerson’s “fucking moron” quote still stands out, maybe start there

SF Kosmo

...please disperse...
Jul 7, 2020
I mean, kind of though? Like his lack of self awareness and thoughfulness is a big part of his unlimited confidence and self mythologizing that got him elected though.

In other words, he's retarded in the sort of way that is relatable and appealing to a lot of people. He's the worst of us.