• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donkey Kong Country Returns announced [N-CONF]

udivision

jett said:
the less kong family members the better
No Funky Kong means no Funky's Flights which means no chance at of remix of the FF song which means the quoted post is completely wrong.

Donkey Kong isn't Sonic. Having Candy run a Save Spot or Swanky or run a mini-game room doesn't detract from the game!

Shiggy

Tricky I Shadow said:
New screenshot showing off a new level:

Something just doesn't look right...but I don't know what. It looks so flat and blocky (and it doesn't have the fluffy DK from Jungle Beat :D).

Kenka

Tricky I Shadow said:
New screenshot showing off a new level:

donkey-kong-country-returns-20101014073142414.jpg

Holy fucking *insert a worthy word* !

edit : I just saw the scans too and they are really promising. They are a mixture of nostalgia and new elements of gameplay that give the feeling that the formula has not only been kept but also improved and that no details were left over. Overall, a really good reading. I can't wait.

udivision said:
No Funky Kong means no Funky's Flights which means no chance at of remix of the FF song which means the quoted post is completely wrong.

Donkey Kong isn't Sonic. Having Candy run a Save Spot or Swanky or run a mini-game room doesn't detract from the game!

Well said. Having a few Kong family members makes the game feel more like a living, breathing world. It takes place on DK Island, after all - presumably a few Kongs SHOULD live there.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Tricky I Shadow said:
WARNING!! SPOILER ALERT!!! SPOILER ALERT!!! SPOILER ALERT!!!

Oh snap! Probably fake, but could he be returning after all? Click here!

If there's no source other than the post I'm calling fake. Also, its a really shitty drawing.

Chuckie

Tricky I Shadow said:

It looks really fake... but a question for you guys (because I have only played the first Donkey Kong's Country):

Why would it be a real 'spoiler'/ hot issue if King K.Rool came back? Isn't he to Donkey what Bowser is to Mario? Or did he die in a game or something :lol

Tence said:
It looks really fake... but a question for you guys (because I have only played the first Donkey Kong's Country):

Why would it be a real 'spoiler'/ hot issue if King K.Rool came back? Isn't he to Donkey what Bowser is to Mario? Or did he die in a game or something :lol

Kremlings aren't in the game.

If this happened, DKCR would effectively be doing a Star Fox Adventures on us.

Chuckie

_Alkaline_ said:
Kremlings aren't in the game.

:(

I should really start paying more attention. I was just oooeeeh aaaaaaaah at the graphics and Rambi. I kind of assumed they were there.... guess it's right what they say about assuming.

Tence said:

GAF can act incredibly stupid when it comes to ‘spoilers’. I've learnt that from when Frank West was spotted in a screenshot before Case West was announced.

1GabUp

Tricky I Shadow said:

Probably fake, but would be funniest thing ever if it was in fact true!

I really hope they don't pull a Star Fox Adventures on us. I enjoyed that game a lot, but when they pulled the whole "fooled you!" thing at the end I was surprised and kinda pissed at the same time. It made it seem like they ran out of ideas and said "Hey, let's just use this old boss we have laying around".

KAL2006

Banned
Tence said:

I have a question for you, why have you played only the first DKC, when DKC2 is the best in the series and most likely won't be beaten by this one either.

Poster confirmed it to be fake:

redlightstudios said:
I work in the game industry (at leastI'm starting to)so I can't mention where I received the concept art from besides it was from a friend internally. I've met many a people from shows and just applying places, not to mention colleagues from just going to school.

I however emailed IGN with the news so if they decide to post this as fake or legit... that's up to them. I have no idea how to inform Gamespot of news because there is no option to (unless I'm just not seeing it). If someone knows how to submit news, please inform me and I'd be glad to submit it to GS asap.

Chuckie

KAL2006 said:
I have a question for you, why have you played only the first DKC, when DKC2 is the best in the series and most likely won't be beaten by this one either.

No idea. I think I stopped playing SNES altogether around that time because I was busy getting too drunk and hitting on random girls. I picked up gaming again soon after that with the N64 when I went to university (more free time, so time for both gaming and drinking :p)

I do vaguely remember my bro renting or borrowing a DKC country game, but I didn't like it at all. Can't remember it was DKC2 or DKC3 though.

KAL2006

Banned
Tence said:
No idea. I think I stopped playing SNES altogether around that time because I was busy getting too drunk and hitting on random girls. I picked up gaming again soon after that with the N64 when I went to university (more free time, so time for both gaming and drinking :p)

I do vaguely remember my bro renting or borrowing a DKC country game, but I didn't like it at all. Can't remember it was DKC2 or DKC3 though.

Just get it on VC, it's one of the best platformers of all time for me. Also it has aged well, the graphics and gameplay is still great to this day. You must be an older GAFFer, I was around 12 years old when the SNES was around. I think I missed out a lot of the PS2/GC/Xbox generation due to alcohol/weed/girls :lol

Over 70 levels! :D That's like, two DKCs!

EDIT: Also, whenever I see that render of Diddy I always think about how easy it would be for him to accidentally singe his tail...

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
70+ levels. Fucking awesome. I was a wee bit concerned about the length of this one, but I'm glad its going to be a beefy package.

gogojira

That fake art is so bad, especially when compared to actual Retro art. 70 levels is a nice bit of content, really hyped about this game.

EatChildren

Okay, this is fucking awesome.

dk27btk.jpg

And the background in this is even more awesome.

dk1vzf6.jpg

Top Bottom