• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze JP website opens, soundtrack excerpts

L~A

So, Nintendo just opened the Japanese Donkey Kong Country : Tropical Freeze official website today, and one of thing you can find there is some excerpts of the original soundtrack.

Here they are (thanks Toraxes for making a video of all songs ;)), you can right click > save them if you want :

- Track 1
- Track 2
- Track 3
- Track 4 (Absolutely terrific!)
- Track 5

There's also some gameplay video, merged all of them in two videos :

- Video 1 (intro + gameplay)
- Video 2 (no sound + crap quality)

Apparently, the game is 11.4GB (thanks StreetsAhead!). Here's the list of supported controllers (for those wondering, you don't have to use waggle) :

Bep8HcwCEAEPy9n.png

img_main_02.jpg

Not sure if already posted, but don't think it's thread-worty, so here it is (hard mode + leaderboards + time attack) :

Track 2 in particular reminds me a ton of Diddy Kong Racing. Really liking everything I'm hearing (especially in comparison to DKCR), but it is more upbeat like DKC3/DKR than Wise's original work was.

Azure J

Holy fucking shit @ Track 4
DAT FUCKIN AQUATIC AMBIANCE AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Edit: No seriously, I am losing my shit right now. The fucking Harmonica... ;____;

:lawd: :tocry: :lawd:

L~A

Oops, sorry forgot to add the link to the website xD
I'm currently ripping the videos to upload them on YT.

Azure J

Why is Track 5 so familiar to me? Watch me feel really bad for it being something I should know immediately off the top of my head.

God damn the wailing section of that song though. Intense Metroid Prime 2 vibes from it.

MYE

Everyone mentioning Track 4..... Its amazing but I actually prefer the other happy ones.

I thought the african chorus one would be here. Its GODLY

JoeM86

Oh god...I can't wait for this.

I was on the fence until recently, then the videos of things like the tornado level and now this with the music...roll on the 21st.

Incidentally, you can use the following controllers in both single and multiplayer

GamePad (Only 1 in 2-Player)
Wii Remote
Wii Remote + Nunchuck
Pro Controller.

However, you cannot use the Classic Controller.

Azure J

Nintendo/Retro better have snapped that man up with a binding "until expiration of life" clause. Holy shit, this guy is godlike.

AniHawk

guys guys

guys

guys, this is the best

really feeling that this will be for me what dkcr was for a lot of people

Iceblade

As soon as I clicked Track 4, my body practically froze itself, I closed my eyes, and was washed over in goose bumps for the entire track. That was seriously beautiful.

Why is Track 5 so familiar to me? Watch me feel really bad for it being something I should know immediately off the top of my head.

God damn the wailing section of that song though. Intense Metroid Prime 2 vibes from it.
I swear there's a few hints of the DKC2 map theme in there, which is an underrated tune from the originals I adore. The semi-choir sounding bits near the end definitely sound like they're from the Prime games though (I know Returns' lava levels definitely took that sound from there).

FireVoa

Track 5... What else can I say? You cannot have a DKC game without David Wise. Don't ever try doing it again Nintendo without this man, seriously.

WOW, the japanese title lettering and layout is much more stylish! And "Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze"sounds way better, as sounded better the simpler "Donkey Kong Returns". I'd have dropped the word "Country" in the west too, it doesn't make much sense anymore.

Azure J

As soon as I clicked Track 4, my body practically froze itself, I closed my eyes, and was washed over in goose bumps for the entire track. That was seriously beautiful.

Dat fuckin' harmonica.

I swear there's a few hints of the DKC2 map theme in there, which is an underrated tune from the originals I adore. The semi-choir sounding bits near the end definitely sound like they're from the Prime games though (I know Returns' lava levels definitely took that sound from there).

I heard a ton of samples that sounded almost exactly like the Crocodile Island map theme and Kannon's Klaim (albeit slowed down for this sake) in that little clip. The wailing though? Straight up Luminoth Temple grounds stuff.

L~A

Ok, first gameplay video is uploading. Second one won't have any sound, and be crap quality unfortunately (but first one is all good :)).

Edit : video will be live there.

ant1532

Banned
track 4!! nicely redone, nothing to fancy. yung lean needs to hop on that though, has emotional squad sad boys written all over it. track 1 though is pretty nice

E-Cat

Well, the harmony and style share some similarities with the sunken ship levels from DKC2 -- with maybe a touch of a Krook's March?

Good, but at the same time underwhelming...I guess the bar is just too impossibly high.

The best one of the bunch is easily track 4, which is just an updated Aquatic Ambiance.

Maxrunner

Track 4 immediately sends bursts of memories from a Time where RARE simply would not fail....incredible...Nintendo should just build a new studio in England with all that old Rare talent spread around England.....

Top Bottom