• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Don't buy Ninja Gaiden 3, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 3 is coming

PSB: Ryu Hayabusa is clearly the focus here in NG3, but will there be other playable characters? In the spirit of the Sigma games, i’m sure many fans would like the option at some point for a different character and the change in gameplay it brings. Personally, I was a fan of Momiji and her halberd weapon in NGS2.

YH: Sigma is kind of a sister game to the Ninja Gaiden series, and after releasing NG3, we may consider releasing a Sigma game for it.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/12/09/team-ninja-details-ninja-gaiden-3-multiplayer-ninja-gaiden-sigma-for-ps-vita/

lol, at least if they release a Sigma version of NG3, I hope is on the VITA too.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I never worried much about the Sigma games.... I was fine with the "prime" versions on Xbox.

But now they're multiplatform and all that... I think the nature of the Sigma games will change. It wont be an upgraded port to a competitor console... it will probably just be a Special Edition/Game of the Year kind of thing.

So basically.... I do think it's wise to wait....

luka

Loves Robotech S1
momiji and ayane were fun as hell. i admit i was kind of hoping to see them in bigger roles as alternate characters this time.

Yo Gotti

Banned
Uh, why?

I thought the Sigma games were supposed to be Hayashi's take on the Itagaki games.

If Hayashi is handling NG3 from start to finish, why will they need a NG3 Sigma?

Throavium

They did say, "we may consider", but at this point I'll take it as they are going to make a Sigma 3. I just don't understand why they would say anything about that before the game is even released. It would be like Capcom mentioning that Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 will be coming out before Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 released.

Uh, why?

I thought the Sigma games were supposed to be Hayashi's take on the Itagaki games.

If Hayashi is handling NG3 from start to finish, why will they need a NG3 Sigma?

Itagaki will make Sigma 3, his own take on this Hayashi game.

Believe.

fernoca

Well, technically it could be anything. :p
I mean, what if Sigma "3" is a Vita game or a 3DS game?

Heck, there's also the Wii U version which includes some new stuff and new control/like DS options.

Uh, I don't think he's saying there's necessarily going to be a NG3 Sigma, he's saying he thinks fans may want multiple playable characters, like in the Sigma games. Since only the Sigmas had that, you know?

Luigiv

Well I'm waiting for NG3 Razor's Edge (Wii U) anyway. Especially so it does have the NGDS style control scheme their hinting at.

wiggleb0t

Banned
We give you the extra feature with blood toned down christian family friendly version is what comes to mind when I hear Sigma.
Unfortunately the whole game has gone down the Flanders approved path with lack of dismemberment, and I'm not a sadist/masochist it's kinda like having a racing game where there is no racing, no cars, no tracks.....

A fishing game where you don't actually catch fish! :|

i don't like how Hayashi hasn't mentioned the NES trilogy at all with this game...NG2 was supposed to be a direct prequel to the trilogy so where NG3 fits in the timeline is still up to debate, Hayashi really needs to address this

NG3 = Ryu
NG3:Sigma = Ryu's shitty friends

LOL

how is that funny?

http://ninjagaiden.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Irene_Lew

Ninja Gaiden 2, "This is a new story starring Ryu Hayabusa. It takes place after Ninja Gaiden 1 for Xbox, and before the timeframe of the old Ninja Gaiden games on the NES." -1up, James Mielke, 2007-11-16

Ninja Gaiden 2 Interview, "Story chronologically as well, this takes place after the fist Ninja Gaiden for Xbox, then after this, the story for this game from a chronological stand point leads into the old Ninja Gaiden for the NES. I think we have a nice continuity there." -Videogamer, Wesley Yin-Poole, 2008-05-22

Ninja Gaiden II: Q&A with Tomonobu Itagaki, "In story chronology as well, this takes place after the first Ninja Gaiden for Xbox and then after the story of this game it leads into the old NES ones, so I think we have a nice continuity there."-Gamespot, Luke Anderson, 2008-05-23</ref>

The creators confirmed that NG2 was a direct lead-in to the NES trilogy, i'm still not sure where NG3 fits in the timeline with this confirmed. This could be a case of Hayashi sticking the middle finger at the original trilogy while Itagaki respected it as he should.

The original trilogy is more important than you might think for the story.

Top Bottom