• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Don't listen to the doom and gloom surrounding CP2077 on XSX/PS5: If you have a next gen console and want this game, get this game

Do that many people actually have 4k? My pc monitor is 1080p 144hz just because I saw no need for the higher res at sub 30in size, and the higher fps seemed way more obtainable with the card I had at the time (1650super then, now have a 2060). I also own two 1080p tvs that were bought a few years prior. Not about to just throw them away for a few more pixels. Seems a waste. Used to keep CRT tvs for years.

If you don't have at least an LG CX then GTFO. Throw those 1080p tvs in the trash or use them to display the weather or spotify. My feces has better image quality than your monitor.

Aenima

There will be microtransactions and DLC in this game. I know the fanboys will be spending more $$$ on stupid shit that should've been unlockable or in-game already.
You should try to be more informed before being outraged at stuff that dont exist. ALL DLC announced for Cyberpunk 2077 will be free. The next gen console updates are also free. So ppl that bought the PS4/ XBO version of the game, already garantee to have the next gen version of the game when it comes out next year.

Imtjnotu

Ya played for about an hour earlier on the newest patch. This game is a glitched out mess. How do you have pop in and missing textures during the day "you and Jamie become friends cinematic" lol.

Textures were gone. The text from sub titles wouldn't disappear and I had to continue to toggle subtitles on and off for them to go away

Ya'll don't get this shit and just wait

Granted I only played about 2 hours tonight on my One X, but I didn't experience any bugs, and the game loaded quicker than I anticipated. RDR2 was a buggy shit show in my experience on launch day, and load times are still absolute hell.

If you have a One X jump in, it's an amazing game so far.

Moogle11

Banned
Agreed OP. Having a blast with it on XSX. Looks alright after turning off all the graphics filters as adjusting the HDR settings a d playing in quality mode. Looking forward to a replay when the next gen upgrade is out for sure, but going to keep having a ton of fun with this play though.

Rien

Jelly Belly
Probably asked a lot already, so sorry for asking again, but here it comes..

It’s winter here and I fucking hate the winter. It’s perfect for being inside, under a blanket and play videogames right?
And if there is one game at the moment that I want to play it’s Cyberpunk.

Here comes the situation..
I am a poor bloke at the moment (not that poor) and I wasn’t able to get my hands on a PS5 or XsX.
But I do have a PS4 Pro and a Xbox One X sitting here so I gotta ask..

Is it worth to play this game in any of the last-gen consoles? Preferably on the Pro since the Ps5 is the console I get first and XsX probably when the mid-gen refresh comes.

Thanx

It’s winter here and I fucking hate the winter. It’s perfect for being inside, under a blanket and play videogames right?

I am a poor bloke at the moment (not that poor) and I wasn’t able to get my hands on a PS5 or XsX.

Is it worth to play this game in any of the last-gen consoles? Preferably on the Pro since the Ps5 is the console I get first and XsX probably when the mid-gen refresh comes.

Thanx

Word on the street is Stadia performs better than last gen consoles for this game.

SegaManAU

Gold Member
I am playing the game on OneX and it isn't a quarter as bad as people are saying it is. It has some bugs but like I always say so did San Andreas when it first released on PS2 and that is one of the most beloved open world of all time. HDR is crap but so far only Sony exclusives seem to do it right anyway. Sony must help them out or something.
I agree. XSX and I haven't had any issues.

Also this made me laugh.

1yV3DvL.jpg

Isendurl

There is literally no reason to buy this game now if you want to play it on next gen consoles.

No matter how god it is now, I can grantee it will be twice as good after few paches and DLCs.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrS

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong

Thanx
The Pro plays at around 1080p with a mostly solid 30FPS. It’s not a complete disaster like the base PS4 version and it’s definitely playable, just come in with the realization that this is one of those games that should have been exclusive to next-gen and PC.

It’s rough looking, even on the Pro. So basically don’t expect a cutting edge game or something that will blow you away graphically like you’d expect a AAA game to, and you may enjoy yourself despite this, it really comes down to what your expectations are. The core of the game (story, combat, progression) seem to be great, although I’m only 5 hours in myself.

Last edited:

Rien

Jelly Belly
The Pro plays at around 1080p with a mostly solid 30FPS. It’s not a complete disaster like the base PS4 version and it’s definitely playable, just come in with the realization that this is one of those games that should have been exclusive to next-gen and PC.

It’s rough looking, even on the Pro. So basically don’t expect a cutting edge game or something that will blow you away graphically like you’d expect a AAA game to, and you may enjoy yourself despite this, it really comes down to what your expectations are. The core of the game (story, combat, progression) seem to be great, although I’m only 5 hours in myself.

Thank buddy.. yeah I will hold off for now.. better play it when I get the new console.

Freeman76

Good for you. In my version of the game, on Series X, Jackie has vanished from existence halfway through a mission and I cant continue, even when I reload to an earlier save the same thing happens. Its amazing and every rpg fan should play, but expect a shit ton of bugs. If you listen to this OP and think you are gunna get an amazing looking, smooth experience, you will be annoyed with him. Overexcited ppl overlook things.

Nymphae

Banned
Yeah no thanks I've seen enough to know I'll be better served waiting for the next gen patch, I'm not so hard up for a game that I'll play a severely weakened experience when I could simply wait a bit for something closer to the mark they were aiming for.

Yeah no thanks I've seen enough to know I'll be better served waiting for the next gen patch, I'm not so hard up for a game that I'll play a severely weakened experience when I could simply wait a bit for something closer to the mark they were aiming for.

Sounds like what I should have done with The Last of Us and GTA V. Those Next Gen versions were so much better, should have waited.

Gandora64

Neo Member
Honest question, Are you going to be bitching about this next year as well?
doesn't matter how old my console is, if a game released on it then it should work without any malfunction. with your logic then any phone should (lag/overheat/freeze/etc..) when a new model is released.

And im gonna bitch about that till the year 2077 ;)

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
Sounds like what I should have done with The Last of Us and GTA V. Those Next Gen versions were so much better, should have waited.

I jumped in on those and had a decent time, however if I knew in advance a next gen version was like months away, yeah I might have waited.

Some of the PS4 performance videos I've seen for Cyberpunk have been far beyond anything I've ever seen for a AAA game on console, I understand people want to rationalize and don't want to feel ripped off but come on, the downgrade in this game is massive.

cireza

Banned
What kind of cope is this? The game is buggy and sucks for some people, so you should probably wait until a patch fixes it. We've gone from games being released and downgraded for the older gen to games being released and downgraded for the newer gen. LOL No wonder they continue to do this with consumers such as yourself.
Or you can wait for patches while others enjoy their game. Thank you for not enforcing your personal opinion on others.

Superkewl

Reviews are quite positive on Stadia as well. If someone out there only has a base console, and can't wait to play, Stadia might be the best option.

I have it for both series x and stadia. Currently the stadia version is better than the series X version, but think the series x version will be better once the next gen patch comes out.

I should mention though, i have good internet, and play with wired ethernet connection with a wired controller, with no noticeable latency. YMMV

Last edited:

acm2000

I'm playing on a gtx1060 at 30fps 1080p with dynamic scaling 80-100%, low/med, and still I find myself in awe at how incredible this game looks and it has yet to crash on me and no bugs as of yet other than a floating gun right at the start.

Last generation is dead, the new generation is here so Only buy this if you have a PS4 pro, one X, or any of the 3 next gen platforms, quite simple and fairly expected really.

Us pc gamers are used to this, its been the same since the dawn of time when your hardware gets old you have to play with worse and worse graphics and chunkier and chunkier framerate till you upgrade, what makes console owners any different? deal with it and upgrade if you want, or just dont play the game.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I understand why people are mad they, bought a game thinking it was gonna be next gen and not a buggy mess. How can people fail to understand this.

Gonna wait for the GOTY...er free patch myself. :)

If "ambition" is what decides your purchase instead of execution, then you're part of the problem.

More of those games that you claim "suck" will continue to be made if all you care about is the fantasy that a trailer promises you, instead of the actual game's quality.

I sincerely hope that my standards never sink this low.

uh no, those games will continue to be made when you act like games like this one aren't trying to push things forward. it was well executed, saying it has bad execution implies the game is bad. no, it just launched with bugs. but the core game was very well executed hence the good reception review wise.

but when you nitpick a game that comes once every 8 years like cyberpunk, and act like it isn't completely smoking the competition in many ways. then you aren't creating a bar for all the other games, it remains okay to release a padded game like AC, and take no risks.

yes, bugs suck and we shouldn't want that either, but damn I rather more devs try and be like cdpr and TRY and make the best game we've ever seen, and execute it well. than play it safe.

my standards aren't low at all, I straight wont buy games unless I see them attempting to do shit like this...I want every dev trying to make the best game of all time, or the best in its genre of all time with every release. so guess what? I don't buy alot of games these days.

the people buying watch dogs, and AC? they do...they accept meaningless games, aimed to just be a release.

Last edited:

Tulipanzo

Playing the game on PS5 right now it's decidely annoying.
The game itself looks ok, and actually runs pretty well, however:
1) You KNOW the game can, and will eventually, look much better than it does right now
However, even when you come to terms with this, and are fine with a currently inferior yet functional experience
2) The crashes and the bugs; I've been lucky, and the game has only crashed 4 times for me in the first few hours, but some people have it way worse

The biggest flaw here is clearly on last-gen, and on how the company deliberately withdrew info on just how bad it ran, preventing access to those versions.

oldergamer

Playing the game on PS5 right now it's decidely annoying.
The game itself looks ok, and actually runs pretty well, however:
1) You KNOW the game can, and will eventually, look much better than it does right now
However, even when you come to terms with this, and are fine with a currently inferior yet functional experience
2) The crashes and the bugs; I've been lucky, and the game has only crashed 4 times for me in the first few hours, but some people have it way worse

The biggest flaw here is clearly on last-gen, and on how the company deliberately withdrew info on just how bad it ran, preventing access to those versions.
... but sony allowed it for release. they should have held it back with the crashing and other issues. It passed certification.

The next gen patches will help. The visual texture loading and they will fix the obvious bugs, I don't know how much performance this will get back though.

Fitzchiv

Each to their own, glad you're enjoying it and when they release the patch that brings it closer to the quality expected on my £499 console I'll definitely get it. The Destiny 2 patch has validated this as the next gen upgrade has been significant.

Really looking forward to this when the patch drops.

I understand why people are mad they, bought a game thinking it was gonna be next gen and not a buggy mess. How can people fail to understand this.

Gonna wait for the GOTY...er free patch myself. :)
Two sides to a coin.

People can feel ripped off or mad but likewise there are others who genuinely enjoy the game due to various combinations of luck, tolerance and expectations.

I played through Fallout New Vegas on PC at launch with no discernible bugs impacting my play. I won't discount the bugs people encountered and they shouldn't discount my experience either.

Such games are massive, complicated and very liable to exhibit bugs under different circumstances. So experiences will vary and people need to understand what "anecdotal experience" means.

dyergram

I’m having fun with it despite the disappointing graphics that are weirdly good sometimes. The shooting is pretty fun and there’s loads to do:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
game is fire on PS5. Already feels next gen and the game hasn’t even been optimised. Anyone w a PS5 waiting for the next gen is sleeping on a perfectly fine version playable right now.

Also... it is not a buggy mess! Seriously I’m 7 hours in and have seen maybe 3 visual glitches. 1 crash. That’s not bad for a new game. Demons has crashed more times on me in the same amount of playtime.

Knives are out for this game imo lot of people spreading “its buggy!” that probably havent played it just seen bug compilations in YouTube.

Game is no more buggy than any new release. Fallout 4 was far more of a disaster and that game got off fine. When I see people claim it is unfinished I rmde. Typical internet hyperbole

Last edited:

CthulhuPL

Thanx
I would buy it on XOX. It will play and look better and also there is more chance that you will get XSX quicker than PS5 in the future due to availability. :)

Also I want to confirm what OP says: GAME is great, looks GREAT and plays GREAT (atleast on XSX). Just turn off those nasty filter (or enable them at your own taste), change to QUALITY instead of PERFORMANCE mode, adjust the HDR and you're good to go.

Yes, the game has a lot of blurry textures and has a ton of pop in or has some bugs but which modern game doesn't??? So far I had more bugs in Valhalla than Cyberpunk. Eivor literally stuck in the ground and I had to reaload the game. Even one of the quests glitched on me and yet again I had to reload and lost some progress.

And going back to graphics in CP: what have you all expected? The grapchics from the trailers? LOL every other game shows ultra visuals on a high end pc in a trailer and then releases it on consoles with a lot of downgrade and NO ONE literally NO ONE complains...
But becase it is Cyberpunk then let's shit on it. Yeah sure, I get you, let the CDP go down and burn and go back to your EA or Activision games. They are top notch quality with a lot of content and don't try to grab you money at every occasion...

Seriously GAF... you are dumb as fuck...

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Seriously I’m 7 hours in and have seen maybe 3 visual glitches. 1 crash. That’s not bad for a new game.
What? That's pretty bad, for any game.
Dude, games should be released without any glitches or crashes. It's something you have paid for, so why settle with anything below "works perfectly"?

I mean good for you if you are having fun, but we as consumers should not settle with this kind of shitty releases.

Last edited:

CthulhuPL

What? That's pretty bad, for any game.
Dude, games should be released without any glitches or crashes. It's something you have paid for, so why settle with anything below "works perfectly"?

I mean good for you if you are having fun, but we as consumers should not settle with this kind of shitty releases.
Tell me, which game "works perfectly" at launch in current times? None...

Rien

Jelly Belly
I would buy it on XOX. It will play and look better and also there is more chance that you will get XSX quicker than PS5 in the future due to availability. :)

Bought it on the PS4 Pro... there’s is no reason for me to buy the XsX for the coming years. I am having good faith it will be more available around March/April and that’s when I was planning to buy one anyway.
So far the performance is acceptable to me.. not great but not bad either.

Thanx for your reply tho :)

nkarafo

I can only agree with those who complain about bugs. Yes, i also wait for the inevitable 2nd or 3rd patch before i play it.

But i can't stand those who complain about pollitically incorrect stuff. The game takes place in a politically incorrect dystopia. What do they expect to see? It's like they don't even understand context at all.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Tell me, which game "works perfectly" at launch in current times? None...
That's not an excuse. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

This year I've played at launch Yakuza 7, which only gave me one bug in the arcade games and DOOM Eternal, which was perfect for me. Also TLOU2 and Ghost of Tsushima game me 0 problems.

Also played RDR2 on console launch and again 0 bugs or problems, but that might just have been my experience.

hemo memo

Gold Member
I can only agree with those who complain about bugs. Yes, i also wait for the inevitable 2nd or 3rd patch before i play it.

But i can't stand those who complain about pollitically incorrect stuff. The game takes place in a politically incorrect dystopia. What do they expect to see? It's like they don't even understand context at all.

Yeah that Gamestop reviewer saying “What if I don’t want to help the cops” made me laugh. IT IS A FUCKING VIDEO GAME.

lucius

Playing on One X it is fun , but I did crash to home screen right before I went into bar to meet Judy I was in the menus trying crafting for the first time crafted like 5 health then it froze 30 secs or more then went to home screen which hasn't happen to me in very long time on my OneX. Also first boss about half way through it's health got stuck in a wall and it couldn't hit me or move so that was kind of huge bug because was a fun fight up until that. I am not sure the HDR will be properly fixed they never did for RDR2, but who knows. It looks good at times but the complaints of it hurting your eyes isn't hyberbole at times it is very distracting. At least they seem to be working on patching it quick.

thuGG_pl

He's a jackass for guilt-tripping the people he's trying to convince to buy a half-assed game. Him having a great time is irrelevant, when there's a multitude of problems with this game that need to be patched, especially on consoles. If I buy a brand new PS5 game, why would I expect it to run like a PS4 game? That's the shit he tried to defend, despite a majority of the game footage for this game being PC, where it works the best. It's deceptive, because a majority of the bugs and problems occur on console.

There will be microtransactions and DLC in this game. I know the fanboys will be spending more $$$ on stupid shit that should've been unlockable or in-game already. Also, they've used mostly PC footage up to release, which is why bugs/problems weren't seen as much. PC works best, and consoles work the worst with this game. "There's more than enough information out" <---- Yes....................................because the game has released lol

Dude there is no PS5 version of this game. If you convinced yourself that a PS4 version is a PS5 version then that's your problem.

As for microtransactions, well there aren't any, so pls stop with that bullshit.

Last edited:

itsArtie

People are always going to cry about something. Just enjoy the game and don't pay attention, they are the ones missing out.

MrS

Banned
This from a Death Stranding avatar.
Death Stranding launched with no bugs and was smooth as fuck. Ran like a charm and was one of the best experiences last gen. Kojima worked on it for, what, 3 years max? What’s CDPR’s excuse for developing a game for 7 years and having it be broken on half the platforms it launched on. Sit the fuck down.

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
Hey moron, Death Stranding launched with no bugs and was smooth as fuck. Ran like a charm and was one of the best experiences last gen. Kojima worked on it for, what, 3 years max? What’s CDPR’s excuse for developing a game for 7 years and having it be broken on half the platforms it launched on. Sit the fuck down.

An empty world exclusive to an open world RPG launching PS4/Xbox , PC, Stadia with different configurations?

MrS

Banned
An empty world exclusive to an open world RPG launching PS4/Xbox , PC, Stadia with different configurations?
What’s your point? He brought up DS. CDPR bit off more than they can chew and he’s trying to deflect by being overly critical of DS. DS at least ran extremely well regardless of what people think of the game - same cant be said for CP. CyberPunk is a piece of shit and a lot of you clowns are seemingly on damage control.

Last edited:

Freeman76

game is fire on PS5. Already feels next gen and the game hasn’t even been optimised. Anyone w a PS5 waiting for the next gen is sleeping on a perfectly fine version playable right now.

Also... it is not a buggy mess! Seriously I’m 7 hours in and have seen maybe 3 visual glitches. 1 crash. That’s not bad for a new game. Demons has crashed more times on me in the same amount of playtime.

Knives are out for this game imo lot of people spreading “its buggy!” that probably havent played it just seen bug compilations in YouTube.

Game is no more buggy than any new release. Fallout 4 was far more of a disaster and that game got off fine. When I see people claim it is unfinished I rmde. Typical internet hyperbole

This is trolling at its best. To say this game isnt buggy LOL I doubt you have even played it.

jigglet

Banned
I agree, the problem is a lot of people don't realise just how cinematic 30fps is. They're living in this state of delusion where 120fps is "smooth" and "better".

Top Bottom