• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Don't look now, but a videogame is currently auctioning for 31k USD and rising

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
The real joke here is eBay. Its not a binding contract when you win an auction and if a buyer backs out there is no penalty for him. I tried putting a negative feedback once cuz someone didn't pay and I couldn't do it, they took away the negative feedback option.

eBay is turning into a joke for sellers.

Technically, there is a binding contract when you win an auction... it's just completely unrealistic to expect it to be enforced.

But yeah, eBay's been a joke for sellers for a long time. Between the listing fees for eBay, the sold item fees on eBay, the fees for paypal, and people generally being unreliable buyers pretty much makes selling most things too much of a hassle. For me, at least.

qq more

Technically, there is a binding contract when you win an auction... it's just completely unrealistic to expect it to be enforced.

But yeah, eBay's been a joke for sellers for a long time. Between the listing fees for eBay, the sold item fees on eBay, the fees for paypal, and people generally being unreliable buyers pretty much makes selling most things too much of a hassle. For me, at least.

ugh ebay fees i hate that shit :(

That's why I use Amazon. There's only a sellers fee, and if you want to buy shipping from them.

When amazon bans you from selling for first offense because you described an item as missing in your listing and the customer complains because it didn't have certain item, you'll learn.

Amazon is extraordinarily harsh on sellers - there is zero recourse for a customer complaint and they will ban you as easy as anything.

I sold an eye of judgement bundle and listed all in caps "NO CAMERA" and listed it for about $30 cheaper than any other listing, the seller complained because there was no camera, i was banned from selling.

Amazon also takes about the equal amount in fees for your sales.

Top Bottom