• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Don't play Star Wars Battlefront if you haven't seen the new Star Wars yet

My buddy told me the following

People are actually changing their Battlefront avatar to be Star Wars spoilers now. So when they win the game, the avatar is shown to everybody.

this is for PC

Is this a PC only issue? I don't think you can give yourself an avatar that would spoil stuff on console. Either way that's fucked up.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Correction: Don't play any online game with voice and text chat.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I hope EA recognizes the additional monetization opportunity and brings these spoiler avatars to console.

Alienous

Today I learned that Star Wars 7 is spoiler-able in a tiny image.

How interesting. How good could a plot development be if it can be ruined in an image? Or a short sentence?

Hmm, I'm sure I'll find out in due time.

RedAssedApe

Banned
you mean here? the accounts suicides are real, goddamn.

no he was looking at the comment section on a front page deal at http://slickdeals.net/ that had nothing to do with star wars lol

How interesting. How good could a plot development be if it can be ruined in an image? Or a short sentence?

a couple of words could spoil a shit ton for most things tbh

Szeth

Man I quit playing on Monday because I was afraid of spoilers in the chat, didn't even think of this. TBH this week of single player only gaming is kind of refreshing.

Zomba13

So many spoilers for things that are shocking can be spoiled in a short sentence.

From this topic I can already assume that one possibility is the identity of a certain character in a mask ends up being a character from the older films we haven't seen in trailers or promotional pics.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Thanks a bunch for the heads up. Won't have time to see the movie until Tuesday, and I was planning on playing a bit before bed tonight.

The reality is that a good yarn can't be ruined by knowing what's going to happen. What makes is a good yarn is the way it's told.

¯|_(ツ)_|¯

Lucky me that I went with the PS4 version, played Battlefront the whole week, since it has no chat whatsoever, while I was on media blackout.

Kibbles

Wait can you do a custom avatar on Battlefront? I don't remember being able to do so.
edit: Oh PC only phew. PS4 woo

Aselith

Is this movie actually properly spoilerable or are people just crazy? Are we going to get to the end and find out Finn sees dead people?

The reality is that a good yarn can't be ruined by knowing what's going to happen. What makes is a good yarn is the way it's told.

¯|_(ツ)_|¯

Yeah, spoilers most of the time just make me want to see how it plays out.

Sigh, wish I'd seen this thread before I hopped on BF today. Wasn't the profile image spoilers, but someone gave away a very major surprise in the film (I assume, not like I've verified) in chat before I could stop myself reading once I realized what it was.

I mean, I'm not going to get to see the film till Jan 1st with all my friends, but it would've been nice to at least last a few days before having shit spoiled.

I don't think I've ever seen something that people are so desperate to spoil for others. Kind of surreal what efforts people are going to to do it.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
People suck. And here a thought Star Wars fans at least would have a certain comradery between them to prevent spoilers from being shared. Guess not.

Movie was amazing though, as a side note.

Tabby

Correction: Don't play any online game with voice and text chat.

So this and don't go on social media and don't look at YouTube comments? Am I supposed to just sit in a dark room until I see the movie?

I can never understand people who do this sort of thing. It's just sad.

MMaRsu

Banned
Ahh jesus christ and I just bought this to play in anticipation of watching it tomorrow

You fucking assholes.. I already got spoiled here on gaf too

It's a shame that Star Wars plot/twist is so simplistic than it can be spoiled in a sentence.
A fuckton of the biggest spoilers in movies, books, etc. are just various forms of "_____ kills ______", "_______ dies", and "real villain's _______". It's not a Star Wars-specific thing at all.

Is this movie actually properly spoilerable or are people just crazy? Are we going to get to the end and find out Finn sees dead people?

Yeah, spoilers most of the time just make me want to see how it plays out.
It is actually pretty spoilerable. But I knew basically the entire movie before I went and found it enjoyable. I mean I understand people's aversions to spoilers, but it made my life so much easier once I stopped caring lol. The Internet makes it too hard for me to care anymore.

I hope EA recognizes the additional monetization opportunity and brings these spoiler avatars to console.
Underrated post

As douchey as it is that people are spoiling, I really wouldn't worry about it. I had the "big thing" spoiled for me before seeing it yesterday, but you can see it coming from a mile away and it's not the focus of the movie.

Take all the precautions you can, by all means, but don't sweat it. It's all about the journey. As someone extremely pessimistic that the new movies would come anywhere close to the originals, I was blown away. (they'll prob screw it up in a few years though)

Crayon

I went to see the movie at the first showing in oakland last nite. I did not intend to see this movie when I woke up yesterday. I got a call from a friend who bought the ticket for his brother to go with him months ago. The brother posted a spoiler on his facebook, prompting my friend to deny him the ticket and offer it to me.

At first I didn't know what was going on and declined the offer due to having to get up early, but when I learned he was not speaking to his brother and why I said yeah fuck him lets go see a movie.

Senseless thing to do for fun. Like vandalism.

Zomba13

A fuckton of the biggest spoilers in movies, books, etc. are just various forms of "_____ kills ______", "_______ dies", and "real villain's _______". It's not a Star Wars-specific thing at all.

Yup. Plus the issue with spoilers isn't always that it gives away a death or reveals a character but you're left wondering "is this how ___?" "Is this when ___?" throughout the film. It makes it harder to enjoy because you have the spoiler in the back of your head reminding you whenever a character that dies is on screen that they might die now.

Top Bottom