• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doom 3 "duct tape" mod - flashlight on gun!

tenchir

This would make the game soooo much easiler. But this pretty much kill some challenges in co-op mode(let alone single player). I tried using the co-op mod and it's pretty cool that I shine my light at areas where my comrade moves into, that's some teamwork.

Mrbob

Heh. I can see why some people may want to use this but I just can't. I feel part of the gameplay is to use the flashlight seperately. The game will probably be way too easy with this mod.

Stryder

Mrbob said:
Heh. I can see why some people may want to use this but I just can't. I feel part of the gameplay is to use the flashlight seperately. The game will probably be way too easy with this mod.
IAWTP.

Stryder said:
cowbell.gif

GhaleonEB

Under the crazy presumption that a roll of duct tape has to exist somewhere on the Mars facility, the Duct Tape mod sticks flashlights to your machinegun and shotgun. In order to preserve the atmosphere, these new lights are much narrower (and a little brighter) than the standard flashlight, and are only available on the basic weapons. The pistol is not equipped with a flashlight, so as not to spoil the early sections of the game.

Sounds reasonable to me....

Stryder

Under the crazy presumption that a roll of duct tape has to exist somewhere on the Mars facility, the Duct Tape mod sticks flashlights to your machinegun and shotgun. In order to preserve the atmosphere, these new lights are much narrower (and a little brighter) than the standard flashlight, and are only available on the basic weapons. The pistol is not equipped with a flashlight, so as not to spoil the early sections of the game.
Mm, yeah that does sound ok actually, perhaps I don't agree with the post above as much anymore.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Yes yes I'm not a mod so I'll understand the several STFU remarks but shouldn't we keep all the Doom 3 threads in one location (like the one already provided)?

This mod would fucking rock if someone actually modified the model to have a ductaped flashlight to the gun. It would atleast be worth a download for the amusement of seeing that in game.

Anyways, I don't condone this mod. Playing the game with the flashlight as a seperate item than any of your weapons is part of the gameplay and atmosphere. It really heightens the sense of urgency to see a demon three feet from your face and you're busy scrambling for a weapon to shoot it with. Walking around with only a flashlight to see where you're going, knowing that at any moment a demon could come out and catch you unawares is what makes the game so enjoyable. WELL FOR ME ANYWAYS.

eso76

all the discussing about the flashlight in doom 3 reminded me that

I CAN'T FRIGGIN' WAIT FOR HALO 2, DAMMIT

epmode

Agent Dormer said:
For the pistol they should have done it gun in one hand, flashlight in the other. I'd like that.
a mod like that exists too. it only works with the pistol, as the other weapons take two hands to hold. i haven't tried it, so i don't know how well implemented it is.

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
epmode said:
a mod like that exists too. it only works with the pistol, as the other weapons take two hands to hold. i haven't tried it, so i don't know how well implemented it is.

It's like someone read my mind.

tenchir said:
This would make the game soooo much easiler. But this pretty much kill some challenges in co-op mode(let alone single player). I tried using the co-op mod and it's pretty cool that I shine my light at areas where my comrade moves into, that's some teamwork.

I very much agree with this. It's what I've been thinking all along.

Malakhov

Banned
Erk, that mod blows. That would take too much away from the gameplay for me. The flashlight's separate use was designed for gameplay purpose. I love how you need to use your flashlight to move around and then when you turn in a room it highlights a monster all of a sudden and then you gotta run and switch to your weapon, it adds to the atmosphere.

Top Bottom