• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOOM Eternal – New Trailer Arrives Tomorrow at 12:30 PM ET | Update: Trailer Inside

makaveli60

Is Doom acting more like Darksiders?
I won't be popular with this opinion but your comment describes it well, this looks more like Darksiders than Doom. It's not bad per se but it's not what I wanted. Doom 2016 was so so good (almost perfect IMO, if that's possible). The trailer was cool the music was epic and I'm sure it will be an awesome game, but it's just not Doomy enough for me. Oh well.

Quezacolt

My reaction after this trailer

DzUSbzCWkAEejPH.jpg

MiguelItUp

I love it and I can't wait. Was my most anticipated game last year. Now it is this year. Im unsure of why folks that liked 2016 are uneasy about this? But to each their own!

Hugo talked about how they planned to get deep into the story and lore like no one has before. So, I'm expecting a wrangling of all the games to come together into some cohesive story in some way shape or form. More than ever before. I'm interested in seeing how the lore comes together.

I'm sure it's going to be just as good as 2016, which is phenomenal. But I hope it will be even better across the board.

SweetShark

At last, I watched the freaking trailer.
I have so many questions about the differen factions of DOOM.
It seems there are Night Sentinels which support Doom Slayer and some other who oppose him.
So I guess Doom slayer will fight Dragons at some point.

EDIT:
Here what I mean by saying Dragons.

AsizQ0Y.jpg

Last edited:
Looks super fun, BUUUUTTTTT. From the trailer I am getting a sense that the scale is increased at the cost of the clean as hell graphic fidelity of the 2016 iteration. Hope i'm wrong.

Last edited:

Skyr

Looks good. I hope it will further improve on doom 2016 in the gameplay department. Glory kills are fine and all but it got stale after a while. I hope emphasize less on it and bring something new to the table.

Ironbunny

Beautiful mayhem. Please don't disappoint. Some of the earlier shown gameplay suggested that the trophy kills were sort of mandatory. Hopefully thats not the case.

Fbh

Looks great and yet for some reason I'm still not fully sold.
It's like this underlying fear that in wanting to make it bigger they'll screw it up.... sort of like Shadow Warrior 2.

But I'll keep my fingers crossed that it turns out to be just more of what made Doom 2016 awesome

Vtecomega

Banned
Nah im not feeling it at all. That trailer felt cheap or something. I am not liking the design or the direction.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Ugh, they're really stepping away from what makes Doom great with every new title. Please be good and please have a mode with the whole story past intro and outro gutted, who the heck wants to have some demons and angels or whatever yapping about random shit a la Darksiders in a Doom?

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Ugh, they're really stepping away from what makes Doom great with every new title. Please be good and please have a mode with the whole story past intro and outro gutted, who the heck wants to have some demons and angels or whatever yapping about random shit a la Darksiders in a Doom?

I think you're taking a bit too much from one trailer.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
How am I writing it off when I say "please be good"? Maybe you're way too positive "before it's even out" by challenging posts that simply express some worries based on what we've actually seen so far?

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
How am I writing it off when I say "please be good"? Maybe you're way too positive "before it's even out" by challenging posts that simply express some worries based on what we've actually seen so far?

The game play we have seen which was exponentially longer shows it's not getting away from what makes Doom great but in fact is doubling down.

Last edited:

Kev Kev

that was certainly a story heavy trailer. remains to ben seen how story heavy the actual game is. hopeful they managed to blend it in nicely so it doesnt get in the way. other than that it really looks fantastic.

and shit, who knows, maybe the story will be cool 🤷‍♂️

nkarafo

Trailer looks too story oriented. I guess mainstream likes their story heavy games.

Seriously, who else cares about all this dramatic mumbo jumbo?

Seems EDGE magazine will finally get the DOOM game they always wanted from the start.

Last edited:

Sygma

I see a lot of people being concerned about the story / it being Darksiders like. I've seen a major story leak from a guy a while back on V and basically everything he said in his post judging by this trailer was actually true. Can confidently that all of us will have the best time ever if you're into Doom since its very first inception, ID aren't going to fuck this one up dont you worry

Its a pretty crazy story and they are indeed building a Doomverse, you'll get it when you'll see it but its nuts lol

I'll put a spoiler for the curious

The most important part is the portal like travel. The whole point of Doom Eternal is to you know, make the doom guy eternal and live through multiple dimensions after some fuck up with time that will happen in this game, which in turn will make EVERY SINGLE WAD the games ever had as actually canon to the story. Its a massive love letter, basically it allows to have more than one Doom guy and it retcons everything ever being done for Doom into one story

Last edited:
Guys, the devs know you just want to shoot demons. Everyone hated the look of the gameplay and such from 2016 Doom too.

Remember the intro to 2016 where Doom guy throws away the monitor while someone is talking? I'm sure this will be similar.

2016 was full of little dialogue bits and snippets. This is probably a trailer with a lot of those sprinkled in here. From all interviews the devs are very self aware of what made their first outing so good.

MiguelItUp

Yeah, it looks fine for the most part. I just don't know if I like this coming off too serious. Doom 2016 definitely had a more humorous tone to it.

I'm sure that humorous element is going to exist, I mean, we've seen pieces of it so far.

The whole mortally challenged thing, that clip where Slayer moves a scientist in his chair by his lanyard to use his keycard on a door.

Then you have this wonderful clip where the Slayer knocks a BFG cell off the BFG 10K, and shoots himself into a ship.

I really don't think there's anything to worry about. :messenger_heart:

Top Bottom