• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doom Eternal - March 20!

Ban Puncher

EhhyaJN.jpg

well while I wasn't really interested in eternal, I was looking forward to playing Doom 64 on my switch this year...wasn't it supposed to release next month??

Last edited:

Kuranghi

I mean, I really want to play this game, I loved Doom 2016, but I think this is probably a good thing since 1) The game will be better/ready at launch, 2) there are so many huge, expansive games just out, or coming out so there is plenty to play and 3) Death Stranding is out in 4 weeks.

Saber

Gold Member
I'm ok with that. More time to the game means more time to polish.

Pokemon could learn a lesson from that. Actually, they should take a lesson from basically about everything.

Fbh

On that date it just went from Day 1 to wait for a sale. March is going to be all about FFVII Remake for me and by the time I'm done with that Cyberpunk will probably be about to release, and I'm more hyped about those 2 than this.

But overall if it ends up making the game better then go ahead. Must have been way behind schedule if one of the promised features will be added post launch even after delaying the game for several months.

just checked and Doom 64 was announced during the last Nintendo Direct for November 22nd...kind of weird that they postponed it...though if they are attempting to provide more incentive for preordering Eternal...man I hate marketing sometimes.

MiguelItUp

My thanksgiving is RUINED!
Man, I feel this SO hard. I started a new job in early May, and I was like "TAKING EXTRA DAYS FOR DOOM IN NOVEMBER!" Now, that's not happening, I feel lost... :(

So originally they said 64 was coming to Switch, but didn't confirm other platforms, so it's cool they're doing that now. I wonder if they're just waiting because of its ties with Eternal maybe? :pie_thinking: Maybe I'm being tinfoil hat-y. I just don't see the point of delaying that as well, I mean, it's a port... Unless they started working on development for that not that long ago...

Hell, maybe they're taking the microtransactions out of Battlemode. One can only hope.

Guess my time off in November will focus on Death Stranding. 🤷‍♂️

Griffon

Fuck. Now there's only Death Stranding remaining this year for me. The wait till March is gonna be hard.

As if March/April 2020 wasn't saturated enough already.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
doom 64 is awesome by the way, shame they're not getting that out sooner

*edit*

oh fuuuuck me invasion mode sounds fun

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Motherfuckers.

Ah well, November was packed out anyway.

-Arcadia-

Banned
For everyone else, this is disappointing, but reasonable. After all, everyone wants this game to be the best it can be.

For Switch players :messenger_grimmacing_

I mean, they're probably doing their best? That said, it's right back to being a second-class citizen after the other versions come out, and without the courtesy of even announcing a general release frame other than 'later'. That last part is really disappointing.

Romulus

I don't understand the Doom 64 anticipation when it emulates so well. I've been playing it for years in HD and a high framerate.

Eternal went from a buy to rent/sale for me. That's just absolutely insane to put it next to all those games.

Fake

I don't understand the Doom 64 anticipation when it emulates so well. I've been playing it for years in HD and a high framerate.
I tried (zdoom works fine), but Doom 64, at least EX, don't work with dualshock 4.

makaveli60

Strange that it takes them so long despite not having too many additions compared to Doom 2016. I felt it was too little too lite even before the delay, now I feel that even more. Or they will have an absolute massive game that they haven't showed us yet but this is not how the industry works nowadays, so...

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
I'm ok with this, even though I upgraded my PC for this game. Too much to play right now anyway.

Top Bottom