• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doom Eternal E3 Story Trailer...and more!

November 22nd 2019

My Body is Ready.

237219.jpg

Doom Eternal will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC on November 22, publisher Bethesda Softworks and developer id Software announced during the Bethesda Softworks E3 2019 press conference.

Pre-orders will include the “Rip and Tear Pack,” which includes the “Doot Revenant Skin,” “Throwback Shotgun Weapon Skin,” and “Bonus Campaign Master Level.” A Deluxe Edition including a “Year One Pass” (includes two downloadable contents), “Demonic Slayer Skin,” and the “Classic Weaposn Sound Pack” will also be available. A Collector’s Edition will include an exclusive SteelBook designed by Mondo, “The Gift of Argent Power” 11×17-inch lithograph, lore book by id Software, a wearable Doom Slayer helmet, and the digital content included with the Deluxe Edition.

Here is an overview of the game, via Bethesda Softworks:

"Doom Eternal puts you in control of the Doom Slayer as you blow apart new and classic demons with powerful weapons in unbelievable and never-before-seen worlds. Experience the ultimate combination of speed and power as you rip and tear your way across dimensions with the next leap in push-forward, first-person combat."

D8qf0-JTU8-AAShu-F.jpg

Wearable DOOM Slayer helmet
Year One Pass (2 story-based expansions)
2 lossless digital soundtracks
Lore book
Classic weapons sound pack
Lithograph

BattleMode Teaser

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Architecture is much better this time around. There were a few impressive vistas in DOOM 2016, but this is a big improvement. I love the mobility and arcade-like pace of the game. They could've made it worse by getting all "realistic" but it seems like they made it even more frenetic. I can't believe they somehow amped up compared to DOOM 2016.

Getting some Quake / Unreal vibes from the story trailer.

I wonder if there will be randomized/roguelike elements or modes. Seems like the perfect opportunity to expand upon the various challenge modes from the previous game.

I also like the return of classic cyberdemon.

Ulysses 31

Eh, not so sure about making a whole story about battling heaven and hell around Doomslayer. They might make the same mistake that the Riddick movie sequel did, overcomplicate things and kinda diminish the protagonist.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Eh, not so sure about making a whole story about battling heaven and hell around Doomslayer. They might make the same mistake that the Riddick movie sequel did, overcomplicate things and kinda diminish the protagonist.
In lieu of a proper Quake, I'm happy to see id flex its sci-fi muscles a bit more. They managed to include a ton of story and lore in DOOM 2016 yet I never once felt it was pushed in my face.

angelic

Banned
Architecture is much better this time around. There were a few impressive vistas in DOOM 2016, but this is a big improvement. I love the mobility and arcade-like pace of the game. They could've made it worse by getting all "realistic" but it seems like they made it even more frenetic. I can't believe they somehow amped up compared to DOOM 2016.

Getting some Quake / Unreal vibes from the story trailer.

I wonder if there will be randomized/roguelike elements or modes. Seems like the perfect opportunity to expand upon the various challenge modes from the previous game.

I also like the return of classic cyberdemon.

Agree, architecture looks like a mix of doom, quake and champions, lots of tall imposing alien locations, medieval stuff, should have a nice exploration aspect..more adventurey than space station + hell.

alife

Anyone notice during the demonstration of Battlemode how the announcer at the end says, "Final round. Fight!" and it sounds very similar to the one in the Mortal Kombat games? And during one of the employee montages, there was a Kitana cosplayer and another employee wore a Scorpion mask. Doom Slayer as a DLC character for MK 11? :messenger_open_mouth:

JimiNutz

Banned
Game of the show for me.

I'm almost tempted by the cat helmet but my Master Chief helmet is still stored in the attic and there are only so many cat helmets that a man can buy.

RIP & TEAR!!!!

Edit: Fuck, my girl has convinced me that the cat needs a new helmet. Am I really gonna drop 200 on another fucking helmet lol

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

In lieu of a proper Quake, I'm happy to see id flex its sci-fi muscles a bit more. They managed to include a ton of story and lore in DOOM 2016 yet I never once felt it was pushed in my face.
And I hope they keep it that way, no nonsense about prophecies, legends myths about a savior of the universe foretold in ancients texts.

Shifty

Siiiiick! Looking fantastic. If Rage 2 is anything to go by, Doom + Mobility is going to be awesome.

And having recently played through Dark Messiah, I really appreciate the addition of big-ass super obvious contextual traps with which to slay demons.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I was looking forward to this over everything else. It saved their conference, and it was everything I wanted and more. Sat at my PC F5ing afterward until I was able to preorder the Collector's Edition. Cannot wait for Quakecon to see more. Show me some death match!

The classic Cyberdemon made me lose my ever living shit.

Although I have minor reservations, it definitely looks fantastic. It's a shame I wont be able to play this one on PC as the new mechanics really scream for mouse aim.

Gonna be a nice way to close out this year.

This looks fucking AWESOME. I loved Doom 2016 and this looks even better. I am definitely getting that Collector’s Edition with the Slayer Helmet. November is going to be a jam-packed month for me. I better start saving my pennies or else I won’t be able to afford all of these games.

Nymphae

Banned
The only thing that sucks is that this is probably going to be full priced this time around, for whatever reason I was able to pick this up brand new at Walmart for $35 around the time it came out (I think), I thought it was weird to see a AAA game being sold so cheaply. And it even came with these controller decals too, which I didn't use, but it was cool to see additional items in a non-deluxe physical version, that was being sold at a discount. Also had the reverse cover which was kick ass.

Last edited:

Arkage

Banned
And I hope they keep it that way, no nonsense about prophecies, legends myths about a savior of the universe foretold in ancients texts.

If anything it sounds like Heaven is getting pissed at Doomguy for killing all the demons, which be an interesting situation if heavenly enemies started going after him a la Bayonetta.

MiguelItUp

I wonder when the Collector’s Edition is going on sale? It’s listed as not available on GameStop.com.
Maybe it's sold out? I know the preorders finally went up like 30-45 mins after the reveal. When I looked last night a few places already appeared to be sold out. :(

#Phonepunk#

Banned
GODDAMN THAT LOOKS GOOD!

i love the new cathedral looking levels. kind of makes me think of Quake! yeah im getting this on PC that's for sure.

Top Bottom