• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Opinion Doom Eternal is exhausting to play

SafeOrAlone

May 22, 2018
The game was definitely exhausting, but I loved it. The level design was great. I think I'll play it on an easier difficulty next time, because between ammo mgmt and a few enemy types, yeah, it can wear on you. Great game though. I even like the platforming.

Nov 16, 2006
This is one of those games I loved but got stuck in some awful platforming part and I just eventually gave up. The air jumping you have to do in this game sucks. I don’t know why they added more of this to eternal. It ruined the game for me and stopped my progress. Sucks, because the rest of the game is top notch.

Marty-McFly

Jul 2, 2021
This is one of those games I loved but got stuck in some awful platforming part and I just eventually gave up. The air jumping you have to do in this game sucks. I don’t know why they added more of this to eternal. It ruined the game for me and stopped my progress. Sucks, because the rest of the game is top notch.
The platforming is actually quite brilliant.

Parts you get stuck in are always actually quite easy once you figure them out.

Always look towards the green light.

Reactions: amigastar

PrimeX

Feb 26, 2013
Romania
God damnit the second battle with the Icon of Sin is intense. If you guys were complaining about the rest of the game, the final battle would have you take a break from gaming for a few days 😁

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Kev Kev

Scotty W

Sep 29, 2019
well said. i remember going back to 2016, after hating eternal, and realizing that i never liked the chainsaw, or the glory kills for that matter. and then eternal goes and doubles and triples down on that kind of crap, and adds more stuff like grenades, swords, flamethrower and all of this other fluff that i hated.

my stance now is that they need to strip the slayer down and get back to their roots. all this extra flare is so NOT doom. doom guy sticks a double barrel in your face and blows your ugly demon head off. he doesnt do a dance of choreographed ability executions while aiming for a weak spot, managing cool downs and having to glory kill or chainsaw every 4th or 5th demon, because he doesnt need to. thats all a bunch of frilly, frufru bullshit and it doesnt fit the no bullshit attitude of a character like doom guy. its outrageous that they thought doom fans would want any of this.
Please give it another shot veK veK.

Reactions: Kev Kev