• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doom Eternal' Is Using Denuvo's New Kernel-Level Anti-Cheat Driver

ManaByte

Doom Eternal has become the latest game to use a kernel-level driver to aid in detecting cheaters in multiplayer matches.

Still, some members of the Doom Eternal community are not happy about the way the Denuvo Anti-Cheat tool was rolled out, or with the security risks they feel it creates on their systems.

"No piece of software, especially an anti-cheat, should have kernel-level access to your system and if it is we should have been informed before purchasing it," Reddit user extant_dinero wrote in a popular thread on the Doom subreddit urging people to delete the game. "I would not have purchased it had I known it would be added. Just because other pieces of software do it doesn't make it right."

Yea, I don't like the idea of Denuvo having a kernel-level program running on my system.

Considering I only play single-player, had kinda hoped this wouldn't affect me, but guess it's on as long as the game is on. Kinda a bummer. Not a big fan if just giving over kernel-level access left and right.

Doesn't seem quite as egregious as the Valorant situation but still, not a positive trend IMO

How many people play Doom Eternal's multiplayer, anyway?

Not enough to justify the implementation, Doom 2016 Deathmatch seemed to do well enough with them not seeming to give a shit, Now all of a sudden they seem to give a shit but for a game mode very little in the community actually play.

Also lets not forget they were also in the list of studios that implemented Red Shell into their games on steam to farm data from users or some shit if anyone can still remember that incident.

Last edited:

Spaceman292

Banned
Thank god I can still return it on steam. I was enjoying the campaign but now that shit's goooooone. Might pirate to finish the single player if I feel like it.

Holy bump

Nbc Lol GIF by 1st Look

Top Bottom