• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOOM (Holiday 2017) and Wolfenstein II (2018) Announced for Nintendo Switch

Can we finally agree that Nintendo is Doomed?

Results are only viewable after voting.

rockyt

Double dipping on Doom. I need that on the go. Will get wolfenstein on the go as well. Hopefully get a fallout on the go as well.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I think many 3rd party are still scare of releasing 3rd party games on Nintendo platform from the Wii experience. That console sold crazy but was filled with shovelwares and casuals so games didn't sell on it.

It has been shown countless times on this board and elsewhere, with actual data, that the Wii sold a ton of third party software. They might not be games you care about, and many of them might not be high effort, but "games didn't sell on it" is factually wrong regardless.

Also, you yourself are implying that games didn't sell because they were shovelware. In other words, games didn't sell because third parties didn't put their best games or their best teams on Wii projects. Which means you're reasoning in a circular fashion: "3rd parties are scared of releasing Switch games because of poor sales on Wii were due to them being scared of releasing game on that system". In other words: "they're scared because they're scared". Hardly a compelling argument or explanation.

But they need to see the Switch is different though. It is selling super well but unlike the Wii, its success is based on its fantastic hardware (not just gimmicky) and the popular games on it are the hardcore titles like Zelda and Splatoon (not casual Wii Sports). Even those hardcore Indies are selling so well on it.[/QUOTE]

I rather pass if I need one. At least for single player.

I don't care much for multiplayer. That can be a download.

You're forced to download the mp on other platforms. I will be pretty annoyed if they allow them to be separate on Switch but not others. Deleted Doom from my PC as soon as I beat the campaign once as the file size was just so absurd.

nordique

Holy crap

Looked fantastic in trailer too

Wow!!!!

These will be purchased. Been hoping for shooters on the Switch!!!

ChaosXVI

So...since Skyrim got a Link outfit for the protagonist...does that mean Doomguy can get a Samus skin? Because I'll buy it again for that alone.

DJo7al_XkAEg4T9.jpg

I wonder how far into 2018 this game will be?

Wamb0wneD

Wonder what the likelyhood is that ID is developing Metroid Prime 4.

If they are involved I hope they help on the tech side. I like Doom but Prime leveldesign and item interaction is something completely else.

DJo7al_XkAEg4T9.jpg

I wonder how far into 2018 this game will be?

Lol at the censored Wolfenstein cover. Ugh. How does shopping from different e shops work...?

I need to get a bigger memory card.

HD rumble with the guns in Doom. That could be amazing.
Have a 128 GB one and I'm affraid after 2 bethesda games I need a new one lol...

andthebeatgoeson

Have we had a chance to laugh at Cacpcom yet? Because they are fucking clown shoes. 2017. Nintendo and Rockstar and Bethesda with serious support. And Cacpcom has middling support.

But yes, I'll be glad to shoot Nazis, thank you very much.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Thank you Bethesda for bringing these to the Switch. Now that it's got two huge tentpole FPS on the horizon we should see an uptick in FPS announcements from other third parties and indies who were waiting for someone to prove there is a market.

Nintendo has a perfect partner here.

Scrawnton

Have we had a chance to laugh at Cacpcom yet? Because they are fucking clown shoes. 2017. Nintendo and Rockstar and Bethesda with serious support. And Cacpcom has middling support.

If you would've told me last year that in 2017 Bethesda was porting Skyrim, Doom, and Wolfenstein to Switch and Capcom wasn't porting Okami Hd Hd I (and I bet most of Gaf) would've laughed you right off the site.

The world is upside down.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Oh shit I just realized Wolfenstein is The New Colossus. That's fucking bad ass. Bethesda giving good support to a Nintendo platform is very surprising.

Surprised they didn't pull Fallout though.

diaspora

It's a PS3/360 port so lets slow down a bit there. But I agree that Bethesda/id is doing a solid job.

Wamb0wneD

If you would've told me last year that in 2017 Bethesda was porting Skyrim, Doom, and Wolfenstein to Switch and Capcom wasn't porting Okami Hd Hd I (and I bet most of Gaf) would've laughed you right off the site.

It's fucking ridiculous. That they don't even get Okami from them is a travesty.

Scrawnton

It's fucking ridiculous. That they don't even get Okami from them is a travesty.
remember when an investor called them out about not supporting the hot new Switch and they said "well of course we are! We got stuff coming" and then proceed to ignore it for even obvious releases.

I always thought Skyrim was like a pity play by Bethesda. Like a "okay lets just crap this out and maybe Nintendo will leave us alone." But then betbeada drops a double bomb today and it's as if they're all in.

patientx

My expectations; 720p on docked smaller on handheld if they are targeting 60fps and no multiplayer at least none on card maybe as an optional later free dlc type thing on eshop. Even then the base single player experience must be bigger then 32gb at least if we cut snapmap and mp. Would they lower texture quality , how on earth would they fit ...

Wildo09

Capcom is clueless.

Kirye

Damn Bethesda going all in. Skyrim isn't even out yet but maybe they can sense the hype.

Plus Portable Doom is amazing.

Top Bottom