• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doom RPG mobile has been reverse engineered and ported to PC

Bullet Club

The Doom RPG is a game developed for cellphones set in the Doom universe. The game was developed by Fountainhead Entertainment & id Software. It was released for Symbian OS and Java based cellphones at the same time as the Doom movie in October 2005.

This is what John Carmack was up to after Doom 3 and after he started wearing a cellphone on him. It's a turn-based dungeon crawler with the RPG elements set to "easy mode"... as in that you don't have to manage your gear or set your player stats manually. A native PC port, reverse engineered by Erick194 was recently released that allows us to experience it without tinkering.

More info from the DoomWorld forum:

As we promised, the Doom RPG port for PC is finally here. created using SDL2 and BREW version doomrpg.mod original file reverse engineering.

This is my first port made for PC and I hope this works for you too.

Special thanks goes to @Anarkavre as thanks to him we got the original Brew game files.

You need to get the original files to be converted into a friendly format for the port, you can get them from Archive.org, you can search

"Doom RPG BREW" on SOFTWARE menu.

Run the BarToZip program to convert the file doomrpg.bar into a DoomRPG.zip, then you run the DoomRPG.exe

Hope you enjoy it, best regards.

Download:

Bullet Club

ONhHFyB.jpg

Here's a video about the game (plus others), although not about this port.

ACESHIGH

Banned
How long would it take for something like this happening to Bloodborne? The PC gaming community never ceases to surprise.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Gotta love seeing stuff like this happen. Can't wait to check this out! I've always been very curious about it.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Awesome! I've been waiting for this without even knowing it. Have fond memories of this game (or if it was the second one).

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
So cool! I remember putting a lot of time into this game on very first mobile phone.

If you liked this game back in the day, make sure to take a look at Orcs & Elves. Same style of gameplay and designed by John Carmack himself.

Top Bottom