• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOOM Soundtrack Receives Physical Release

TannerDemoz

YES. Riffs galore.

DOOM 2016 Soundtrack is being pressed to vinyl and will also be available on CD.

DOOM_-_X4LP_-_SLE_-_Render_3_1024x1024.jpg

Special Limited Edition version available for pre-order until May 2. Don't sleep on it.

Let's all talk about how fantastic this soundtrack is and how excited we all are for DOOM 2.

https://www.lacedrecords.co/products/doom-special-limited-edition-x4lp-slipmat-double-cd-bundle

mcz117chief

Great packaging but I didn't like the music myself, I turned it off about a third of the way in. Compared to the previous DOOM games it really doesn't have any memorable tracks.

mcz117chief

Funny since it was one of the most memorable soundtracks of the year.
Don't see how it could have been honestly, it is a very average soundtrack. Lots of noise doesn't make a good soundtrac. If you were to remove the game from the equation then Doom 4's soundtrack is completely unremarkable and nobody would care about it. For comparison Killing Floor 2 or Shadow Warrior 2 had amazing soundtracks in 2016 that would have been kickass even if they didn't have their accompanying games.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Don't see how it could have been honestly, it is a very average soundtrack. Lots of noise doesn't make a good soundtrac. If you were to remove the game from the equation then Doom 4's soundtrack is completely unremarkable and nobody would care about it. For comparison Killing Floor 2 or Shadow Warrior 2 had amazing soundtracks in 2016 that would have been kickass even if they didn't have their accompanying games.
You know nothing about music john chief

TannerDemoz

How long did you play the game for? The melodies in the guitar riffs are insane. Sound literally like Slipknot's Iowa album x1000

And, it's literally one of, if not, the heaviest album made in games.

mcz117chief

How long did you play the game for? The melodies in the guitar riffs are insane. Sound literally like Slipknot's Iowa album x1000

I just didn't like it at all. The choir music in the monster zones was a lot nicer.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill

I can only like this message once fuck... could you post it again so i can like it again ?

Last edited:

GenericUser

this man speaks the truth, combine gameplay with music, get excellence

Nymphae

Banned
Great packaging but I didn't like the music myself, I turned it off about a third of the way in. Compared to the previous DOOM games it really doesn't have any memorable tracks.

BFG Division is amazing. I cannot fathom turning the music off in this game, it does so much to get you in the ripping and tearing mood. I can't believe they told Mick "no guitars" at the outset.

Last edited:

mcz117chief

BFG Division is amazing. I cannot fathom turning the music off in this game, it does so much to get you in the ripping and tearing mood. I can't believe they told Mick "no guitars" at the outset.
I listened to other music and my enjoyment of the game went up considerably.

Top Bottom