• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta Thread: [Brewmaster]

Status
Not open for further replies.
That feeling you get when you realize you've been able to play this game the entire time and haven't realized it until 10 seconds ago ...

tumblr_le3vvawLH71qa82ojo1_500.gif

Downloading now ...

Edit : Or I guess they had sent out new invites ... whatever works.

inky

There's still like 30 heroes to bring over right? God, there needs to be like a light noob version of this game with half the heroes and go from there.

So just came out of my first spectator match, can't say I understand a lot of whats going on but some of the other spectators were very helpful in answering my noob questions. Can't say I've decided what I think of the game yet but I'm eager to learn. Don't think I'll jump into a match before I check out that Dota2 Wiki.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I would like to see some Drow, WR, CM, Lina, Mirana and QoP cosplay.

Guesong

Wow.

15 min cc from...whoever is that team fighting aL right now.

This isn't HoN, fight till the end! ...or at least in tournaments. For the viewers sake.

Guesong

You mean like aL did when they were behind 0-10 that game a couple of days ago? :p

Yeah, I didn't like it either. >_>

Though to their defense aL was really screwed by their bad picks, while this team...well, they had just gotten genocided. Demoralizing, yes, but enough to concede? I dunno...

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
There's good ones.

ahri-cosplay-682x1024.jpg

I'd go full furry for her anyday.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
GAMEPLAY
- Added Lone Druid!
- Fixed small bug in the timing of sequential attacks.
- Lifestealer: Fixed being unable to Infest Mud Golems.
- Weaver: Fixed Time Lapse interaction with Aegis.
- Ancient Apparition: Fixed a bug where Ice Blast could get stuck on the map.

UI
- The top bar game timer no longer is reset when a game ends.
- Heroes in top bar now draw grayscale when dead.
- The buyback cooldown time now appears in the gold tooltip.
- The buyback cooldown now appears in the form minutes:seconds.

VISUALS
- Added a buff/debuff effect for Razor's Static Link.
- Added effect for fountain heal.
- Fixed heroes drawing parts of their models in portraits when sheeped, hexxed, etc.
- Updated the effects for Shadow Demon's Shadow Poison.
- Decreased darkness of fogged areas

BOTS
- Fixed bots being too aggressive about destroying enemy items.
- Fixed bug where bots would pick up items like Rapier or Aegis without giving humans a chance at them.
- After all humans have picked heroes, the remaining bots will now immediately pick their heroes.
- Fixed bug where bots would try to farm the same neutral camp that a human was farming.
- Added support for bots buying and placing Observer Wards:
. The more of a support a hero is, the more likely they are to buy wards.
. If they have a human teammate, they will not purchase enough wards to fully deplete the store.
. They will ward the runes, their jungle, and sometimes the enemy jungle (depending on how pushed the lanes are).
. They won't go to locations to place wards if they think it's too dangerous.
- Fixed bug that would sometimes prevent bots from defending their top/bottom lanes when the tier 3 towers/racks are gone.
- Fixed bug where if the incoming threat was small, no one would ever be a selected to defend (typically resulting in no defensive response to creeps).

Not sure how anyone can complain. This is the best beta I've ever been in. New content every week? Yes please.

Yeah I'm not really sure what the expectations have been as I've only been in beta for a few weeks now. One new hero every week has been very satisfying for me as it gives me time to spend with each new one. How many heroes are left? If they keep adding them at this rate and we're at parity with Dota1 before the end of the year, I don't see how that can be a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom