• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta Thread: [Brewmaster]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kapura

Banned
There really should be a glossary for all of the terminology and acronyms used in this game. Who wants to take on that task? It sure would be helpful for players new to this genre.

i would be shocked if that doesn't already exist. In fact, I'm almost certain I saw something like that when I started playing hon 2 years ago.

edit: beaten like chris brown's girlfriends

kazabi

For TF2 the premium upgrade is buying any item in the store, so like 50 cents.

I think the minumum amount of money you could put in your "steam wallet" was 5$ when I upgraded my tf2 account, but that money can be used for steam games too

Just had my best game ever I think. Went 11/0/27 with Clockwerk on my first try. I guess playing a bit of Pharoah in HoN helped me ease into how his abilities are used.

I really like his battery assault, just that skill alone lets you interrupt people from casting certain spells and from getting away. Really useful skills all around.

I like his voice too. I used a guide and got Aghanim's for him which was really useful for the reduced cooldown on his ult.

I noticed though that with it you can't hook through allies/allied creeps to get enemies. But I guess the reduced cooldown is worth it.

Low Tier
rr=retard ricer (Hyuna-style)
ss=missing
mia=missing in action (same shit as ss)
gg=good game
b=back (get outta there, she's gonna blow!)
g=go (stop being a woman and kill him)
get crunched = get crunched
ff=forfeit
fynsmoif = fuck you nerds solo mid or i feed

ksan

rr=retard ricer (Hyuna-style)
ss=missing
mia=missing in action (same shit as ss)
gg=good game
b=back (get outta there, she's gonna blow!)
g=go (stop being a woman and kill him)
get crunched = get crunched
ff=forfeit
fynsmoif = fuck you nerds solo mid or i feed

stronk=stronk

DSix

Banned
Had a fuckton of fun playing in single draft mode today. Really breaks the boringness of playing it safe with your best heroes.

I don't think I'll come back to all pick anytime soon.

Rinku

Banned
After playing a couple inhouses, I can say that the best players in GAF are:
Hyuna
The Milkman
Neki
Swagsurfin
archie4208
Swift

:)

Guesong

Hyuna
The Milkman
Neki
Swagsurfin
archie4208
Swift

Neki and Archie on that list!?!?

Goddamn.

HonGAF really needs to forsake HoN and come around.

So should I. Not that I play HoN anymore, but I should come around more often. Not that I'd make the list.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ah good, Manta bug is fixed. Luckily no one pulled the bug out against me, but a few random games I spectated had people use it. Was really hollowing to see a team go from having a 10k gold advantage to the enemy using the bug to suddenly have a 15k gold advantage instead. Pretty sure a ton of people in the spectator slots reported the person too.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Hyuna
The Milkman
Neki
Swagsurfin
archie4208
Swift

6a00d8341c64d253ef0120a5aa8aa3970c-800wi

Get milkman off that list all he does is feed on lich.

Phandy

Ok so Outworld Destroyer seems really dumb.

At level 20, with just a ForceStaff, Rod of Atos, Treads, a Talisman, and an ultimate orb:
I was hitting for almost 500 damage.

Also when u get too about 1600-2000 mana, you dont have to turn off your orb. Because after 3-4 attacks, you will always regain your mana back from those attacks.

He just seems insane, I was literally 2-3 hitting some of their heroes. My gpm wasnt even that good, I ended with about 400.
Imagine if you went crits or got DD :S

At level 20, with just a ForceStaff, Rod of Atos, Treads, a Talisman, and an ultimate orb:

Also when u get too about 1600-2000 mana, you dont have to turn off your orb. Because after 3-4 attacks, you will always regain your mana back from those attacks.

He just seems insane, I was literally 2-3 hitting some of their heroes. My gpm wasnt even that good, I ended with about 400.

He's certainly a good character.

During patch day I was fooling around with the dota 1 and trying out lycan, he's a whole new tier of insane. I thought NS was bad I'm really going to hate this game when they patch in lycan.

Tenck

Yeah he's insane. 1.09 said that if a bit farmed, at level 12 he can eat faces :x

kenta

Has no PEINS
Speaking of weird terminology, sometimes the bots will say "I'm out" and I have no idea what that means. Out of mana? They're out as in 'peace out' and heading back to base? Or they're saying they're about to die?

Hylian7

Speaking of weird terminology, sometimes the bots will say "I'm out" and I have no idea what that means. Out of mana? They're out as in 'peace out' and heading back to base? Or they're saying they're about to die?

It just means they're bailing out of the team fight or going back to base generally. I was always confused by "Go on _____!", but now I understand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom