• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta Thread: [Brewmaster]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So all this shit was over the above statement? so to be clear, that was sarcasm right and then Procarbine missing the sarcasm as most people will do in text form hes a dick for it?

A bit more complicated than that, but ain't no skin off my back, and certainly none off his, as he clearly don't give any more of a shit than I do. :D

Swag

kids, realize that if you're garbage, you gotta pull yourself out of the dumpster before you can start talking trash, because you can't talk trash while you're eating it.
I'm sorry but this comment can't be left on the bottom of the previous page.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Bzm is the GAF authority on ricing.

I hit 779 today on Alch by applying with Bzm taught me.

Davidion

I have never played a video game that has made me question my self-worth until I played HoN/Dota.

This can only mean that I need to play this game while blotto.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I have never played a video game that has made me question my self-worth until I played HoN/Dota.

Keep at it david, don't let the tryhards get you down.

get@me nonricer
qEtGD.jpg

P.S. i dont even play carries

just be glad you aren't cotton picker tier.

Just ignore the haters. Chances are if you're paired with them they aren't too great at the game themselves. I find that most trash talkers are not really that great at the game. It's like a self defense mechanism.

Kapura

Banned
Just ignore the haters. Chances are if you're paired with them they aren't too great at the game themselves. I find that most trash talkers are not really that great at the game. It's like a self defense mechanism.

1v1 me mid and we'll see who's a defence mechanism!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
someone said my name?

Yes, but I think you quoted the wrong guy. Clearly Pro sucks at farming.

Now onto the topic of not doing crappy jokes, some actual tips on farming would be nice. It is one of the things I am worst at.

Onto other subjects. I do like it when there are a few people who actually use the voice chat, and when the others who don't acknowledge the voice chat at the very least. I still can't get over the "I don't own speakers" guy me and Toggle got in a game.

feeding teammates i just can't.

oh, and for the world's worst loss:

screenshot20120222at258.png

looking at the K/D ratios, you would have guessed the outcome would have been the opposite. here's the brief story: our Huskar was at something like 20/5/8 at around 30 minutes in, and we took down Rosh for him to go ham. with their middle tower already down, it was simply a matter of finishing. out of nowhere, AM swoops in (who was doing nothing but farming to this point and had maybe 4 kills) and takes the Aegis. about a million "WTF"s ensued. He goes--you guessed it--right back to farming as the team goes in to try to finish. We fail to close it out on that push and wonder why (1) AM took the Aegis, (2) why he went back to farming after being asked to come to help finish, and (3) why he took the fucking Aegis when Huskar was destroying the other team and autographing coffins. Silence. We concluded he must simply be trolling or something.

So a couple more pushes happen with varied success. At one point, we had 4/5 of their heroes down but AM decides to go kill Rosh instead. People followed him over there for who knows what reason, as the better minds said we need to push. Only the 2 towers defending the Ancient remained. We could have won right then, but farmed Aegis instead and failed to be successful after forcing the issues after that push. Huskar, frustrated, just pushes the 2 remaining towers anyway and gets focused. The battle continues. at around 43 minutes, they had fought back to a respectable level and all the towers (theirs and ours) are down. Huskar gets ahead of everyone in a hurry to push and gets focused down again. because Huskar had almost all the kills, nobody had any really good items and we really couldn't do much without Husk. We each get taken down in retreat..........except AM. Who. Was. Farming. Instead. Of. Finishing.

So now with 4 of his 5 teammates down, AM scurries back to the base where he tried in vein to stop the 5-hero onslaught (oh, if we could have ever had a 5-hero push of our own). Naturally, he's focused down faster than you can blink an eye, despite having spent so much time (about 35 minutes) farming these items. Not helping in any meaningful way on any end-game pushes help seal the fate and an easy win becomes a tough loss to accept. The other team is shocked they won. "Wait, we won??????" is spammed. As it should have been. They had no business winning, but lack of coordination and more importantly COOPERATION end in a shameful loss.

I'll probably lose sleep over that loss. If we had pushed instead of going to Rosh, we win. If AM didn't steal the Aegis from Huskar the first time, we win literally . If Huskar didn't get so zealous in the final push, we win. If we had had all 5 heroes on any push after the 30-minute mark, we win. It was the definition of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Sorry for the long post; had to get it off my chest. It's one thing to lose a bad game or a tough game that could go either way...but that game should not have been lost for any reason. sigh.

someone said my name?

Depends on the type of trash-talkin' you're prone to, I guess. I was talking about the "you fucking suck uninstall the game now [insert racial or homophobic epithet]" kind of trash-talk.

There's nothing wrong with the normal trash talk that comes between friends who play together a lot. There's nothing wrong with the normal trash talk that comes between two teams playing against each other. But there is a problem with some guy being a piece of shit just because he can. I have no idea what kind of trash-talker you are.

Sibylus

Banned
Well, at least I can feel pretty okay about my last loss of the night. Being forced to play Jakiro is kinda annoying (was the only stunner I had in my pool), but worse is losing a game because farmed heroes on our team get caught out when they should have gotten back. Two Hearts of Tarrasque made us more than a little overconfident.

#mycondolences

I still can't get over the "I don't own speakers" guy me and Toggle got in a game.

Oh yeah I forgot about that.

One guy was like, "I'm listening to music", and I'm like, okay, you're a jackass, but whatever.

Then the other goes "I don't have speakers" and I

what

"I don't have a monitor so I can't read your text"

Tenck

Quite possibly the closest match I will ever be part of. I did pretty terrible in the beginning because my team wanted me at team fights, and I honestly didn't want people yelling at me (EVEN THOUGH I NEEDED TO FARM BEFORE I ENGAGED IN TEAM FIGHTS, BUT NOOOOO).

The end was magnificent. We went through I believe 3 team fights before we got to their rax and destroyed them all :)

I'm the Dragon Knight btw.

Edit: Also,the dumbest thing we did wrong was not buy a courier through the entire match. So for an hour, thirteen minutes and thirty seconds with no cute animal bringing our items to us :(

Also,the dumbest thing we did wrong was not buy a courier through the entire match. So for an hour, thirteen minutes and thirty seconds with no cute animal bringing our items to us :(

i'm sorry what

i would never allow this in a game, even if i was forced to buy it as the carry

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

I know what you mean. I think I played the worst game of rhasta ever today. I really need help with positioning in teamfights and how to properly harass in lane.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
i'm sorry what

i would never allow this in a game, even if i was forced to buy it as the carry

I've bought couriers as Skeleton King like 30 min into the game because fuck, Lion and Shadow Shaman had probably more pressing things to save for.

Tenck

I've bought couriers as Skeleton King like 30 min into the game because fuck, Lion and Shadow Shaman had probably more pressing things to save for.

Haha probably :p

A lot of the times I end up buying the courier. Even though I randomed that match as DK, I kept getting ganked and targeted and needed money for that BKB. After I got BKB, I worked for Satanic, yet died a bunch. So wasted most of my money on buy backs :/

Davidion

Re: Haly/Jive, I appreciate the it isn't even really douchebags yelling so much as when you're on a bad streak you just begin to feel like you're wasting people's time. I don't really get this with anything else; it's relatively unique to the genre. LOL

I know what you mean. I think I played the worst game of rhasta ever today. I really need help with positioning in teamfights and how to properly harass in lane.

An easier alt to Rhasta for me is witch doctor, who's a little more versatile in his abilities and don't have to expose himself in team fights as long. He can't really push for shit though.

I'm actually relatively comfortable with long range casters/supports, but once we get to the gankers or worse, carries, I turn into a mess.

Re: Haly/Jive, I appreciate the it isn't even really douchebags yelling so much as when you're on a bad streak you just begin to feel like you're wasting people's time. I don't really get this with anything else; it's relatively unique to the genre. LOL.

I wish there was a way to practice the game properly (bots just don't cut it) without being detrimental to your team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom