DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

Feb 8, 2013
1,479
0
0
Greece
That whole rumor in general has some concerns about it in the first place honestly, that if it's true, I'm curious how they will handle it.

Unless you want it to show as a passive, you can't really make Alch Aghs an extra ability. Do heroes that currently do get an ability for Aghs just get nothing, such as Ogre Magi?
This can be applied regardless of the rumor being true.
In Alch's case instead casting the Aghs from the inventory you would cast the spell "Give aghs" on an ally with G. Heroes that already have a spell would just get their spell assigned to G.
 
Dec 4, 2011
3,149
0
420
At least now it's obvious that it's a throw when someone picks him.
I don't get how it's a positive. What most people seemed to complain about is how he will defend a base for hours with his mines, and he can still do that. But since he was pretty much useless for 10 minutes, and maybe even feed an indecent amount of gold with mine, it will only slow down what is likely a loose.

I would have nothing against a rework, but before that the 7.03 should have been reversed ( at least with 7.06 when he got officially trolled with his new lvl 25 talent ). I'm not even sure that would be enough to make him get back into a 50% winrate in any mmr bracket.
 
Mar 25, 2009
24,339
0
780
Nothing is boring about linking for 100+ damage. That's called being alpha af. The strong take from the weak.
Press button and right click. Woo hoo. I do not enjoy playing that hero.

Also the enemy can just buy boots and if they aren't a dingus you likely get fuckall for damage and they miss a CS or 2.

If I wanna do steal damage I'll just play Underlord, then bop buildings for a billion damage after winning a teamfight. Although it isn't really stealing damage, but kind of is when stuff dies. You weaken them while they are alive though.
 

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
May 15, 2010
7,801
0
685
N E R F T E C H I E S

i wouldn't be surprised if the hero got another rework; there are very very few places in dota where I feel the word "anti-fun" is actually appropriate, but old techies was one

i'd rather him stay in the dumpster than ever approach that again barring another ability or two rework. by all means if u wanna be a shitlord go pick techies still, he's just not an amazing hero but that's the price you pay

it's like turning a hero like lich or viper into a tier 1 pick... o wait.
 
Dec 4, 2011
3,149
0
420
Buff Tinker.

The fact that people unironically like Techies and hate Tinker is baffling to me.
I most definitely prefer playing against a techies even when he wasn't shit like now, than even the current Tinker.

In pubs I feel like Techies you can handle with sentry + ranged hero.
Tinker ? he does many things insufferable in pubs, he is not only good at defending T3 ( like techies, sure ) but his missile harass will more often than not make the team flee from the seige because pubs don't know how to commit to a push. You add split push to that ( again, most pub won't punish a tinker blinking into the tree to split ), and the general feeling of getting almost two shooted as a support from missiles coming from a 2500 range....

Yup as soon as it feel like people are playing Tinker again, he is my number one ban.

Tinker is more fun in pro games for sure thought, but yup I hate playing against him.
 
Mar 25, 2009
24,339
0
780
I most definitely prefer playing against a techies even when he wasn't shit like now, than even the current Tinker.

In pubs I feel like Techies you can handle with sentry + ranged hero.
Tinker ? he does many things insufferable in pubs, he is not only good at defending T3 ( like techies, sure ) but his missile harass will more often than not make the team flee from the seige because pubs don't know how to commit to a push. You add split push to that ( again, most pub won't punish a tinker blinking into the tree to split ), and the general feeling of getting almost two shooted as a support from missiles coming from a 2500 range....

Yup as soon as it feel like people are playing Tinker again, he is my number one ban.

Tinker is more fun in pro games for sure thought, but yup I hate playing against him.
I'd say now more then ever there's lots of tools to deal with him though.

Glimmer Cape
Pipe
Euls
BKB (If you somehow need it as a support for whatever reason)
Casual Cloak
Atos (the HP, plus rooting him from good range)
Tinker Wards, I've seen a decent number of people use them in the 3ks.
Mek
GG boots (later)

I've lost games with Tinker where we couldn't stop the push with Marches and Missiles because the other team was ready for it and prepared adequately. He's a very situational pick right now and you can't really steamroll pubs with him all the time.
 
Dec 22, 2010
1,870
239
525
playing against techies or tinker is tempo based. don't slowly waddle down a lane as 5 and allow them to setup. also tinker at least cant handle two lanes being pushed up or do anything to a bkb core hitting tower.
 
Oct 12, 2013
495
0
0
I most definitely prefer playing against a techies even when he wasn't shit like now, than even the current Tinker.

In pubs I feel like Techies you can handle with sentry + ranged hero.
Tinker ? he does many things insufferable in pubs, he is not only good at defending T3 ( like techies, sure ) but his missile harass will more often than not make the team flee from the seige because pubs don't know how to commit to a push. You add split push to that ( again, most pub won't punish a tinker blinking into the tree to split ), and the general feeling of getting almost two shooted as a support from missiles coming from a 2500 range....

Yup as soon as it feel like people are playing Tinker again, he is my number one ban.

Tinker is more fun in pro games for sure thought, but yup I hate playing against him.
Blademail + Glimmer and stand around in the March and watch him melt ;)

I used to ban Tinker when he was played a lot but i've honestly not had any huge problems with him since. Now i ban invoker about 80% of the time. The other 20% are reserved for Riki whenever i feel like playing CM.

Buff IO and Tusk, Nerf Arc Warden and Beastmaster.
 
Blademail + Glimmer and stand around in the March and watch him melt ;)

I used to ban Tinker when he was played a lot but i've honestly not had any huge problems with him since. Now i ban invoker about 80% of the time. The other 20% are reserved for Riki whenever i feel like playing CM.

Buff IO and Tusk, Nerf Arc Warden and Beastmaster.
I've tried blademail with Axe. Couldn't tell if I'd did anything or not.
 
Jan 14, 2012
19,575
0
460
USA
I'd say now more then ever there's lots of tools to deal with him though.

Glimmer Cape
Pipe
Euls
BKB (If you somehow need it as a support for whatever reason)
Casual Cloak
Atos (the HP, plus rooting him from good range)
Tinker Wards, I've seen a decent number of people use them in the 3ks.
Mek
GG boots (later)

I've lost games with Tinker where we couldn't stop the push with Marches and Missiles because the other team was ready for it and prepared adequately. He's a very situational pick right now and you can't really steamroll pubs with him all the time.
Add in Treant wards. Techies always blink into the same rote tree positions so it's easy to set up a gank and root him to the spot.
 
Dec 4, 2011
3,149
0
420
Haha, patch not before october ( valve time so.. december ? ) and people have to make the seasonal event for them.

Yup I'll keep saying that the game support is currently abyssal.