• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

Qvoth

1 more month of necro lmaooooooooooooo
TadkV.gif

Kopite

Best feeling in Dota when you rekt the enemy and they reply in post game chat that you cheated and they're totally gonna watch the replay.

Nah son you just got Necroed
IkgAh4z.gif

Qvoth

who the hell is sfte and why is og losing against them? just started watching the stream
edit: j god literally saved og

Hylian7

Just ban Necro in your games unless you want to first pick him.

Otherwise he honestly isn't that bad in pubs. Not near the level of some OP heroes in other patches. He is frustrating for sure though, and I do ban him every game.

Fuchsdh

That feeling when you're going into enemy jungle, find the jungling Alche, and ping your ally SB to charge him while you engage...

and SB never actually follows up. Get him down to 10HP all by your lonesome but he gets away.

Still won because of 2K "let's have three hard carries and rat" strat, but damn.

Just ban Necro in your games unless you want to first pick him.

Otherwise he honestly isn't that bad in pubs. Not near the level of some OP heroes in other patches. He is frustrating for sure though, and I do ban him every game.

I ban PA. Hero is routinely 3-shotting me with a phase boot, wand, and that new -2 to armor item.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wish Valve would allow for more than 1 winner. I think you would get more interest if multiple teams could win, even if there was a single grand prize.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Maybe if they crowdsourced development we'd have 7.07 by now.

Twookie

Crowdsourcing Frostivus are you for fucking real lol

I like it tbh
Modders get to make something that many people will play AND get 30k dollars if they win, and the players get Frostivus content

Since there's a good amount of money to be had, one could assume that the quaility of the content will be very good

the other option would be to not get anything for Frostivus since Valve/Dota team is (presumably) too busy with the Dueling Fates patch - which is a lose/lose situation pretty much

Hylian7

Crowdsourcing Frostivus are you for fucking real lol

tbh people always complain about Valve's modes, so at that point they probably went "Here you do it then!"

Granted Valve's custom game modes for seasonal stuff have been of varying quality. Wraith Night was one of the best, while Greeviling was one of the worst. Year Beast Brawl (the one where you play a regular Dota game with the Year Beasts in the lanes) was fun, but also annoying how it was Pay2Win. I specifically remember that Refresher Aura.

52club

tbh people always complain about Valve's modes, so at that point they probably went "Here you do it then!"

Granted Valve's custom game modes for seasonal stuff have been of varying quality. Wraith Night was one of the best, while Greeviling was one of the worst. Year Beast Brawl (the one where you play a regular Dota game with the Year Beasts in the lanes) was fun, but also annoying how it was Pay2Win. I specifically remember that Refresher Aura.

Plus a decent percentage of enjoyment is about the number and/or the quality of hats being handed out.

Hylian7

Plus a decent percentage of enjoyment is about the number and/or the quality of hats being handed out.

True, but you know that part is not going to be designed by the contestants, Valve are going to figure out a way to insert hats into it.

I also think just having a custom game contest is a good idea in general, even if they are using it for Frostivus because it's an aspect in the workshop that's underrated. We have had cosmetic set contests before. I think a contest for custom maps is fine.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I miss the days when those events were good. None of the ones made in Source 2 have been that fun. Siltbreaker tries to be too hardcore for its own good, and Dark Moon was just a worse Wraith Night.

I hope this contest means Valve will make the Custom Game platform more stable. I await for a ton of community bitching when a bunch of the frostivus custom games break after 7.07 releases.

Sibylus

Banned
I like it tbh
Modders get to make something that many people will play AND get 30k dollars if they win, and the players get Frostivus content

Since there's a good amount of money to be had, one could assume that the quaility of the content will be very good

the other option would be to not get anything for Frostivus since Valve/Dota team is (presumably) too busy with the Dueling Fates patch - which is a lose/lose situation pretty much

tbh I was a Valve fan back when they were an active game developer that seems to embody that whole "do no evil" shtick, so, you know. Griping about a dead age.

Jerry

People saying "1 month until patch" need to read it a little more carefully.

They worded it "1 month until the content is complete" this excludes testing and rollout.

So yeh, I would say at least 6-8 weeks.

Top Bottom