• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Double Dragon Neon 80% off on Steam - buy it

Santar

hGQzMyX.jpg

The great Beat'em up Double Dragon Neon from Wayforward is on 80% sale on Steam this week.

Double Dragon Neon is actually more a homage to beat'em ups like Turtles in Time and the 80's and 90's in general, than Double Dragon specifically, dut don't let that stop you from checking it out.
It's a great game, good satisfying combat, a light rpg system with skills and levling, funny humour, and truly amazing music.
Recommended!

Steam store page

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjoV0SoRRhA

Salsa

yeah, def worth the $2

that said my only experience with it was playing it couch with a friend while getting drunk and it crashed on us 3 times over the course of like 1 hour. absolute cockblock as we were really enjoying it

it was a real bummer since we can barely find the time to play these days. just soured me out on it and havent touched it since

alf717

Never really understood the appeal of this version. Seems way over the top for my liking from that trailer.

BPoole

A game reeking of toxic masculinity and the objective is literally save a scantily clad damsel in distress? No thanks

Miker

I have it but I've put off playing it because I haven't been able to get a friend to come over and play it in co-op yet. How is it in single player? Is the co-op drop in/drop out?

thefro

The great Beat'em up Double Dragon Neon from Wayforward is on 80% sale on Steam this week.

The core team that made this game went on to form Yacht Club Games (Shovel Knight)... IIRC this was the first time they all worked together on a project.

oxacillin

Banned
Have they went back and fixed the online? If I recall if you played it and reach a certain point the game just lags and desyncs all the time leading to a lot of disconnections between friends. I tried to play with a friend and once we got to the 4th level we would constantly lag out and the game would disconnect all the time.

From what I've heard it was a port done by Midnight City that was also abandoned after the first patch that didn't fix anything

That's 1.5 IGN points per dollar!

But seriously, great game. One of myost played PS+ games. People see it on my games list and its always the 1st thing they wanna play.

Santar

Haha

For 2, it might be the right price.

Could folks who make these threads be troubled to post a link to the store page in their OP?

Can do!
I've never bought anything on the steam website so I just assumed everybody just looked up the game in the Steam client.

Top Bottom