• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Double Fine reveals next game: Middle Manager of Justice (iOS) [Update: Out Soon!]

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
NOT OUT YET, buggy version accidentally released

:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NuYd6LQ4zuA

Kotaku has a write up about the game: http://kotaku.com/5939154/double-fines-next-game-is-for-iphone-and-its-about-superheroes

Enter Middle Manager of Justice, the newest game from Brutal Legend and Psychonauts studio Double Fine. Middle Manager of Justice is a management game for the iPhone and iPad that puts you in the shoes of an office manager at Justice Corp. You've been put in charge of bringing your division up to snuff and keeping crime from taking over the city.

http://www.middlemanagerofjustice.com/

02cam.jpg

2oUpq.jpg

10szd.jpg

QomKx.jpg

Pga0e.jpg

d8WVs.jpg

Danielsan

Do they have more than one team? Double Fine is like 10 people or something isn't it?
Are you being sarcastic? Double Fine has like 3 teams these days. One group working on Double Fine Adventure, another is working on Double Fine Happy Action Theather 2 and apparently there is/was a team working on this.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I like the concept. I hope it's more of a Kairosoft game then a F2P time management game, since I'm getting a little burnt out on those, but I'll check it out either way.

I like the concept. I hope it's not a F2P time management game, since I'm getting a little burnt out on those, but I'll check it out either way.

It is.

Straight from their website:

Biff! Kapow!!

That’s the sound of Double Fine bursting onto the mobile scene with Middle Manager of Justice!

That’s right. The superhero management game you’ve been waiting for is here! And it’s just the first title to be announced of an all new, three-game partnership with our pals at Dracogen Inc.
It’s going to be FREE to play on iOS and will be available soon on iTunes.

“Somewhere between GOOD and EVIL… Between ORDER and CHAOS… Between UPPER MANAGEMENT and the SENIOR STAFF… You’ll find the glue that holds it all together: The Middle Manager… of Justice!” said Kee Chi, the game’s creator, dramatically reading from the marketing text.

“Congratulations!” he continued, “You have been promoted to Middle Manager.. of Justice! You have been chosen to whip the latest branch of Justice Corp into shape! Train and manage your team of superheroes to thwart crime and save citizens around the city! Increase efficiency in your branch by building new facilities and upgrading the equipment! Could it be done without you? Yeah, probably, but it would be sloppy, costly, and demotivating!”

“Wow, a game about Superheroes AND middle management! That’s what I’ve always wanted!” said a soot-covered orphan we hadn’t noticed before hiding in the shadows. “But, surely, a penniless, adorable ragamuffin like myself could never afford an amazing game like that…” He looked despairingly at his iOS device.

“Sure you can,” said Kee, “It’s free!”

“Free? Well then…Looks like it’s HERO TIME!” the orphan declared with a sly wink. Then he kicked aside his crutch, wiped the coal streaks from his face, and stood tall to reveal that he was actually Steven Dengler of Dracogen Inc., stalwart ally of Double Fine Productions!

“All I ask is that you release it in Canada first, so I have a chance to get to the top of the Leaderboards,” added Steve, as he went back to watching that game where the ice skaters fight over the ashtray with sticks.

Corto

Getting some cool Theme Hospital vibes from those isometric perspective screens. I'll get it as soon as it hits the store.

Tucah

you speak so well
Looks cool but I hope it doesn't fall into the same F2P IAP trap as oh so many iOS games. I'll keep my hopes high though, I love DF.

Minsc

Gold Member
Corto said:
Getting some cool Theme Hospital vibes from those isometric perspective screens. I'll get it as soon as it hits the store.

Indeed.

Reminds me a lot of this:

Theme-hospital-Android-game-4.jpg

Couldn't get a closer match with a non-awful screen unfortunately, but they're very similar visually, from the way the walls are handled, to the little light posts and trees and tiles on the floor and decorations etc.

I missread thread title.

* Came to See middle finger of justice.
* Tought it was gonna be an awesome game.
* Leaves dissapointed.

Wow, that's awesome. Tim did say on his Twitter back in July, I think, that Double Fine would start doing more on PC and mobile. I was hoping there would be something to happen before DFA came out. And this is it. :-D

From Double Fines forum:

DF_Kee said:
Hi! We've been VERY careful about any sort of predatory iOS IAP practices. You can play through Middle Manager without paying anything! There are absolutely no paywalls. All that purchasing currency does is allow you to experience the content quicker and have stronger heroes earlier, but you can experience all the game at whichever pace you want! We've sent the game to Touch Arcade to test http://toucharcade.com/2012/08/30/double-fine-unveils-middle-manager-of-justice-a-free-to-play-sim/ and hopefully their impression puts your fears to rest.

Also, this is our first mobile game and we want to focus on one platform for the launch. But we definitely want the game on as many platforms as possible!

I hope they live up that.

http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/7584/

SerRodrik

Also, this is our first mobile game and we want to focus on one platform for the launch. But we definitely want the game on as many platforms as possible!

Cool! Don't really have anything against iOS games specifically, just don't own an iphone or such.

thefro

Are you being sarcastic? Double Fine has like 3 teams these days. One group working on Double Fine Adventure, another is working on Double Fine Happy Action Theather 2 and apparently there is/was a team working on this.

The Cave (Ron Gilbert's) is the 4th

Top Bottom