• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Double Fine reveals next game: Middle Manager of Justice (iOS) [Update: Out Soon!]

GavinGT

Banned
Do they have more than one team? Double Fine is like 10 people or something isn't it?

double-fine-team.jpeg

+

0.jpg

And a few others.

Mikeside

Oh my word, this looks fantastic.

If this doesn't come to Android or PC then I guess it's time to dust off the ol' iPod Touch.

SO!

a) This game is a monster battery drain
b) Coin Copier appears to duplicate Superium if you buy it as well (?!?), so buy one of those first
c) Worried I'm going to run out of districts
d) I think once it didn't tick off the time after I left the app, but that might have been a weird bug
e) Bummed there's a 4 hero limit, as I'd like to "collect" them "all"

Overall, rad game.

TrutaS

Been playing this for the past few hours, Coin doubler is essential to avoid frustration ( 1.59€ ). Game itself is a bit buggy, but apart from that it's absolutely enjoyable. The dialogue is funny, graphics are very nice and the music is catchy. Gameplay feels right and gets more complex as you progress. Overall i'm very excited about it and only worry that it will get finished too soon, though there's some Coming Soon districts planned already.

Would prefer a Kairosoft pricing model but the waiting times are the smallest i've ever seen in a free game.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'd love to play the game, but it's not on the US store. Oh well. Maybe it'll be up later.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Not out in Ireland *grumble*.

Edit: not accessible any longer in the US store either even though it shows up in search.

Keasar

Whata, it was available here in sweden earlier today, but I couldnt download it because I was on a 3G network. Now when I came back home it is gone.

Tobor

I've been playing this at lunch, great game so far! I went ahead and purchased the coin copier to support Double Fine.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Indeed.

Reminds me a lot of this:

Theme-hospital-Android-game-4.jpg

Couldn't get a closer match with a non-awful screen unfortunately, but they're very similar visually, from the way the walls are handled, to the little light posts and trees and tiles on the floor and decorations etc.

Oh man, you had to go and post a Theme Hospital screen didn't you? Now you're making me lament my iOS-less lifestyle.

I sent Double Fine an email this morning regarding a bug I encountered with the iPad version of the game. They just sent me the following response:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but... the game wasn't supposed to go live. At all. We've since taken it down, but the build you had/have is pretty much our in progress "still have a ton of bugs to fix" version. We'll be releasing it when it's ready, but for now, that build is preeeeeety much borked so I'd advise just thinking of it as a little sneak peek you managed to get =)

I've put a few hours into the game so far and have had an absolute blast. It's a bit buggy, but once they get all the kinks worked out it's going to be a classic.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/7618/

"Hey everyone,
So, Middle Manager of Justice went live accidentally last night! For those of you who jumped on it right away, you got an early preview for the game! Please note that the game isn’t indicative of what it should be yet! All the bugs will be ironed out, and there is much tuning to be done. For those of you that have the game now, any feedback regarding the game is welcome and appreciated! If you’ve already have purchased something in game, please note that it will still work when the game is updated. You can keep playing if you wish, but you should really wait for the full release in the coming weeks. "

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Looks fun! Granted, I'd rather buy the thing outright for like 3 bucks then feel compelled into micro-transactions, but oh well.

I sent Double Fine an email this morning regarding a bug I encountered with the iPad version of the game. They just sent me the following response:

I've put a few hours into the game so far and have had an absolute blast. It's a bit buggy, but once they get all the kinks worked out it's going to be a classic.
Uh-oh! And I dropped $1.99 on the counterfeit coin machine, too!

Yeah battery drain is hefty.

Am stuck though. Can't take out the 4 thugs. And can't train anymore.

What now? Grind for gold and up my dudes gear?

Sorry for the release confusion, guys. As our first real iOS game (not counting the Vault Viewer) it's probably inevitable that something would get borked. If you did get the game early and you want to serve as an accidental playtester, please share any feedback you have with Kee, the game's primary developer, on our forums:

That includes bug reports, gameplay issues, feedback about tuning of in-app purchases, etc. Also, if you have done any in-app purchases, those won't be affected by the release issues. And if you don't want to give any feedback, that's fine too!

Orca

I expected one of the 'click and wait' games, but there's very little downtime which is nice. Just expanded the office to include a lab for researching new powers and added one of the top-tier heroes to the team. Quite the gap in stats between the starter hero and those guys.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Hell yeah. I've checked everyday this week for release date except today. Good news. Can't wait to play another DF game.

Sorry for the release confusion, guys. As our first real iOS game (not counting the Vault Viewer) it's probably inevitable that something would get borked. If you did get the game early and you want to serve as an accidental playtester, please share any feedback you have with Kee, the game's primary developer, on our forums:

That includes bug reports, gameplay issues, feedback about tuning of in-app purchases, etc. Also, if you have done any in-app purchases, those won't be affected by the release issues. And if you don't want to give any feedback, that's fine too!
Does this mean all of our progress in-game will be reset when it launches for real?

Top Bottom