• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Double Helix (Killer Instinct) also hiring for an f2p eSports focused PC game

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
When Amazon originally made the announcement they were also working on PC games, it wasn't 100% clear if Double Helix was part of that, or if it was just Amazon Seattle.

However, this clears it up, along with their business model.

Amazon Seattle is working on some kind of third person action melee MOBA thingy judging by job postings, but if I had to guess, I'd guess Double Helix is making a new fighting game. Please note, I looked through 10+ Double Helix job postings and couldn't find a hint about the genre beyond what's in the title, so that is purely speculation.

Gamasutra said:
Sr. UX Designer
We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and eSports of today, will continue to a future where everyone is a gamer and every gamer can create, compete, collaborate and connect with others at massive scales. If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art, come join us. At Amazon’s Double Helix Studio, you’ll have the power of Amazon Web Services’ cloud, Twitch, Amazon eCommerce, and our digital and physical media publishing infrastructure available as raw material to forge a future filled with amazing experiences for players, broadcasters and creators.

As a User Experience Designer at Double Helix, you will become a key collaborator on a team of game developers creating engaging, connected experiences for our gamer customers. As part of Amazon, we have an incredible amount of freedom to develop amazing, original games. We need your help to make that a reality! You will work with our product management, design and engineering teams to create engaging and meaningful UI designs. We’ll count on you to raise the bar with strong design fundamentals, an artistic eye to create engaging user interfaces, progressions systems, tutorials, and world class ecosystems.

· Experience on PC Free-to-Play titles a plus
Source: http://jobs.gamasutra.com/job/sr-ux-designer-irvine-california-29743

Dynasty

Would be interested in a fighting game made by them since KI 2013 turned out awesome which I thought would be average given Doubke Helix track record.

Warxard

Banned
Double Helix doing a new fighting game??? Hell yeah. After KI they proved above and beyond that they're capable of doing it.

Can't believe I'm excited for a Double Helix game. What a time.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I wouldn't think it's a fighting game.

Double Helix hasn't been a company to stick to one genre. I would assume it's a FPS or MOBA.

the return of

1130099-snes013weaponlord.jpg

pswii60

PC focus and not his console of choice.
Excuse me? How dare you answer for me, do you do this IRL?

The reason I have concerns is that Amazon seemed to originally purchase them for a major Fire TV gaming push. No issues there. But since then it seems Amazon's focus has moved to PC as they've begun backtracking on their plans. I could be wrong, but it just seems these constant changes could leave DH in a little disarray. Time will tell, but I felt it a shame as they were getting in to a 'groove' with solid releases and now I'm worried they could lose their mojo.

Excuse me? How dare you answer for me, do you do this IRL?

The reason I have concerns is that Amazon seemed to originally purchase them for a major Fire TV gaming push. No issues there. But since then it seems Amazon's focus has moved to PC as they've begun backtracking on their plans. I could be wrong, but it just seems these constant changes could leave DH in a little disarray. Time will tell, but I felt it a shame as they were getting in to a 'groove' with solid releases and now I'm worried they could lose their mojo.
Ok.
Would you expect a studio that spends most of its career in the gutter, only to turn things around and then get bought out to make mobile games for a publisher that has never managed a video game studio before to keep putting out high quality products?
Somewhat. I'm a optimistic person.

Top Bottom