• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doug Bowser quietly promoted to S. Vice President of Marketing and Sales at Nintendo

While it was mentioned in passing during the Nintendo Back-to-School Sales Campaign, I recently looked at Doug Bowser's Linkedin profile and it looks like he stealth rose to Senior Vice President officially this month. I remember the uproar people had when Scott Moffitt left Nintendo at the end of July with his position dissolved, so I thought it would be good to have an update on the aftermath.

TO CLARIFY: The news is his promotion. The fact that someone named Bowser was hired by Nintendo was something that happened in mid-2015. Laughs were had, yes.

HrpkYtb.png

bowser-2.png

Velcro Fly

We have Bowser as a Senior VP of Marketing and Sales the same week we get Waluigi the Nintendog

I like where this is headed

Nintendo said they dissolved Scott Moffitt's position, so it's weird that he got it.
Nintendo's marketing has gotten a bit better despite having nothing to market, so maybe that's a sign that things are going to get better with Scott gone

Zyrox

I wonder if one day, before he had this job at Nintendo, he looked at the company, looked at his ID and thought to himself "This is my destiny!"
No seriously can one be more aptly named? This must have been a fun job interview.

I noticed this during a PR a week or two ago that he had that title, thinking he did indeed take over Scott's place.

It was actually from him doing PR for the Back-To-School deals campaign.

“These back-to-school deals are some of the best and most varied we have ever offered,” said Doug Bowser, Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “Now is clearly the best time to get started on your essential Nintendo game collection.”

So we can assume everything from the start of August has been under him.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
One couldn't be more aptly named. It really is destiny. And he's apparently doing a good job in his now role too.

One day

Maybe one day

We can have Bowser dethrone Reggie. Reggie is Princess Peach.

AdanVC

It's a trap! He then will become CEO of NoA and conquer the whole country with their secret army of real life goombas and koopas! And trust me, they will don't look as cute as they look in the games. Reggie, you must defeat him before that happens!

Top Bottom