• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOUGLAS MURRAY: How did the world lose its marbles? If you say the 'wrong thing', you'll be thrown to the wolves... (new book)

Chittagong

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2004
Douglas Murray said:
We are going through a great mass derangement. In public and in private, people are behaving in ways that are increasingly irrational, feverish, herd-like and unpleasant. The news is filled with the consequences. Yet while we see the symptoms everywhere, we don’t see the causes.
Douglas Murray said:
The question of what exactly we are meant to do now – other than get rich and have fun – was going to have to be answered by something. The answer that has presented itself in recent years has been to live in a permanent state of outrage. To find meaning by waging constant war against anybody who seems to be on the wrong side of a question to which the answer has only just been altered.
Douglas Murray said:
But today’s wars of ideas are not random – they are consistently being fought in a new and particular direction. And that direction has a purpose that is vast. The purpose – unwitting in some people, deliberate in others – is nothing less than to embed a new religion into our societies.
Douglas Murray said:
The interpretation of the world through the lens of ‘social justice’ and ‘identity group politics’ is probably the most audacious and comprehensive effort since the end of the Cold War at creating a new ideology.

To date, ‘social justice’ has run the furthest because it sounds – and in some versions is – attractive. Even the term is set up to be impossible to argue with. ‘You’re opposed to social justice? What do you want, social injustice?’
Douglas Murray said:
Identity politics is where minority groups are encouraged to simultaneously atomise, organise and go on the attack. Tied into this is something social justice warriors call ‘intersectionality’ – the notion that there is a hierarchy of oppressed minorities and society should organise itself around correcting this.

Today, intersectionality has broken out from the social science departments of the universities from which it originated into the mainstream. It’s now taken seriously by millennials and has become embedded via employment law (through a ‘commitment to diversity’) in all major corporations and governments.

The speed at which the ‘social justice’ causes have taken over everyday life is staggering. Once-obscure phrases such as ‘LGBTQ’, ‘white privilege’, ‘the patriarchy’ and ‘transphobia’ are suddenly heard everywhere – even though in the words of mathematician Eric Weinstein, they were ‘all made up about 20 minutes ago’. The policing of these issues is an even more recent phenomenon. Researchers found that phrases like ‘triggered’ and ‘feeling unsafe’ only spiked in usage from 2013 onwards.
Douglas Murray said:
How might somebody demonstrate virtue in this new world? By being ‘anti-racist’, clearly. By being an ‘ally’ to LGBT people, obviously. By stressing how ardent your desire is to bring down the patriarchy.

And so we are asked to agree to things which we cannot believe, and told not to object to things to which most people object, such as giving children drugs to stop them going through puberty or allowing men who self-identify as female to use female toilets. The pain that comes from being expected to remain silent on important matters and perform impossible leaps on others is tremendous, not least because the problems are so evident.
Douglas Murray said:
As anyone who has lived under totalitarianism can attest, there is something demeaning and eventually soul-destroying about being expected to go along with claims you do not believe to be true.

Just a couple of topical quotes from his column about his new book, due 17 September 2019:

Blood Borne

Oct 30, 2017
Wonderful article. Thanks for sharing.

It is indeed a new religion. But most don’t see it as one because there’s no God-like they pray to or worship. However, religion simply means a “set of beliefs and practices” and the left is trying to establish a new set of beliefs that everyone should adhere to, hence their aggressive fanaticism.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004
Preordered the book.

I think having kids and having an established belief system in place insulates you from most of this nonsense. Millennials by and large aren't having kids, though, and abandoned religion, so they're ripe for becoming ideologically possessed by this intersectionality virus.

BlueAlpaca

Feb 6, 2018
Douglas is the best!

One of my fave Murray rants regarding some of the above issues....

He's spot on about the left's supply/demand problem with bigots and racists and whatever. They have no problem exaggaring or inventing evil just to wail against something and congratulate themselves on their goodness. Sometimes it gets so silly that it's surreal - look at the reaction at the disney/fox business. Reading comments on Ree is hilarious. It's as if Disney is a totalitarian country that's expanding and crushing their freedom. I remember reading similar hysterical reactions on a ny times article about disney buying marvel.

And what's also incredible is that these same people celebrate and support or at least sympathize with the vilest dictatorships and totalitarian states. Entertainment company buys marvel? OH GOD IT'S 1984 WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE. Castro dies? SALUTE! WARRIOR FOR FREEDOM AND JUSTICE!! Disgusting. :messenger_pouting:

Breakage

Mar 3, 2014
Wonderful article. Thanks for sharing.

It is indeed a new religion. But most don’t see it as one because there’s no God-like they pray to or worship. However, religion simply means a “set of beliefs and practices” and the left is trying to establish a new set of beliefs that everyone should adhere to, hence their aggressive fanaticism.
Yeah, the lack of a god-like figure is why this new religion never closes its doors when its demands are met. New grievances must be found in order for it to remain a potent force.
Notice how followers will say something like: “Well, we have made progress, but there is still a long way to go.” What they really mean by this nebulous statement is that their appetites will never be satisfied. No matter how many people cave in to their increasingly absurd demands, it will never be enough.

Zefah

Jan 7, 2007
That's a hell of a line:

"To find meaning by waging constant war against anybody who seems to be on the wrong side of a question to which the answer has only just been altered."

Crazy to see how radically quickly certain people have tried to change the nature of things since 2013 (and especially 2016) and demonized anyone who didn't immediately get with the program.

ChuckeRearmed

Jan 31, 2018
Society was developing too fast for the last 100 years. Too many people, too fast information spread.
I find it is incredibly fascinating that people dropped religion yet came up with the new ones.

Sleepydays

Sep 12, 2017
Preordered the book.

I think having kids and having an established belief system in place insulates you from most of this nonsense. Millennials by and large aren't having kids, though, and abandoned religion, so they're ripe for becoming ideologically possessed by this intersectionality virus.

A sort of side-note to this: I'm a relatively new father, and I waited until later in life to become one, unsure of my suitability, of whether I wanted that sort of responsibility. A year in and all I can think of is what a disastrous decision it would have been to remain childless. I keep thinking about the hollowness of that extended adolescence, followed by the loneliness of the years beyond 40. I imagine what it would have been like if we'd been too late to have my girl. It's horrifying to me, and my wife feels it even more keenly.

When I was growing up babies were constantly cooed over by women of all ages. I've noticed with ours that it's only ever older women who smile at her or play with her: younger women almost go out of their way to completely ignore her. I think a lot of younger women are being sold this idea that exhibiting maternalism is somehow shameful. I've seen quite a few friends - really solid guys who want to settle down and have kids- lose relationships because girls 'aren't ready' to have kids at thirty. If I'm onto anything here, I foresee many, many unhappy women who realize too late that they were sold some absolute bullshit.

merlinevo

Apr 28, 2019
A sort of side-note to this: I'm a relatively new father, and I waited until later in life to become one, unsure of my suitability, of whether I wanted that sort of responsibility. A year in and all I can think of is what a disastrous decision it would have been to remain childless. I keep thinking about the hollowness of that extended adolescence, followed by the loneliness of the years beyond 40. I imagine what it would have been like if we'd been too late to have my girl. It's horrifying to me, and my wife feels it even more keenly.

When I was growing up babies were constantly cooed over by women of all ages. I've noticed with ours that it's only ever older women who smile at her or play with her: younger women almost go out of their way to completely ignore her. I think a lot of younger women are being sold this idea that exhibiting maternalism is somehow shameful. I've seen quite a few friends - really solid guys who want to settle down and have kids- lose relationships because girls 'aren't ready' to have kids at thirty. If I'm onto anything here, I foresee many, many unhappy women who realize too late that they were sold some absolute bullshit.
I don't think the problem is people are not having babies. We have too many illegal immigrants and poor people having unsustainable birthrates.

The problem is the people who should be having babies, educated, decent, and high earners females, are not while the uneducated, irrational, and poor females are. College educated females at the peak of her productivity potential are being bombarded by everyone and everywhere that they should be strong, independent and don't need a husband or family. Rather than learning and passing on skills to support strong families and thus communities and societies, they're dying their hair purple, getting nose rings, inking their whole body with tattoos and essentially destroying their abilities as responsible and decent parents. I can't help but predict that these current day strong females are going to be bitter and ultra religious orthodox later in life when their good years have past them by and they wallow on regret and remorse.

Breakage

Mar 3, 2014

In my experience, it's university-educated careerist women who tend to have a contemptuous attitude towards motherhood. You know the kind who are self- obsessed and only seem to care about money and gaining power.
The ones that can afford it may freeze their eggs for “later on”, but there's no doubt that for such women so-called “career goals” often trump everything else. There is something wretched and generally unattractive (regardless of physical attractiveness) about these type of women.

I find young women in lower-tier roles with modest career aspirations (e.g. a waitress or retail sales assistant) are more likely to express the desire to have children before their fertility starts declining.

ViceUniverse

Mar 12, 2019
People have a choice.

I'll applaud people for going to get a better life for themselves economically, with their own two hands.

People (someone and their partner) want to pay off their student loans, live in safe neighborhoods, and set their kids up for success via private schools, daycare and more.

If people get used to being without kids in their relationship as they hit their goals, and opt out, then it is what it is.

Last edited:

rorepmE

Jan 20, 2019
Republic of Val Verde
They try to be like men.. cept we can pump out soldiers until the day we die.

and depending on the resources we have available in our older years, have access to younger more attractive women.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Douglas Murray canceled in 3,2,1....

Basically at some point after New Years 2000 it was decided that the extreme minority voices were going to be given the most weight.

So if 1 person says they are offended and 99 aren't, that 1 persons voice is amplified and given more value than the 99.

We see it with the T's, that make up .6% of the population, but require that the other 99.4% change their language lest they go to prison, give up their safe spaces, and change our bathroom etiquette.

CeroFrio996

Jun 20, 2019
Preordered the book.

Yes, having a rigid set of beliefs DOES insulate you from free thought and intellectual flexibility.

I have no idea what having children has to do with anything, but if that's the problem its surely not the millenial's fault.

Getting tired of the millenial boogeyman. Trying to survive is apparently grounds for being blamed for the problems of an entire nation.

Last edited:

ipukespiders

Oct 9, 2006
Yes, having a rigid set of beliefs DOES insulate you from free thought and intellectual flexibility.

I have no idea what having children has to do with anything, but if that's the problem its surely not the millenial's fault.

Getting tired of the millenial boogeyman. Trying to survive is apparently grounds for being blamed for the problems of an entire nation.
I'm getting tired of millenials too.

rorepmE

Jan 20, 2019
Republic of Val Verde

They're getting blamed because they're loud mouth schnooks that think everything in our society is irredeemable. At no point in time has it been easier to survive if you're born in a first world nation.

But that's not good enough. They want to build their ideologically pure society where everyone gets a trophy.

Last edited:

rorepmE

Jan 20, 2019
Republic of Val Verde
I think it's from first world problems. People have it all and don't know what it's like to face hardship so they make shit up instead.
It's like the video says, they aren't critics of our system. They aren't interested in making it better.
The system was created by white people
White people are irredeemable.
So the foundation of the system is irredeemable.

Combined that with idea that all non-white peoples are free of any sort of racism of prejudices and their cultures are naturally liberal (in the western and classical sense)

So once they get rid of the inherent racist white system, the fairer, non-racist PoC system will fill the void and FINALLY we'll have the idyllic world of equality.

I can't think of a system created by non-white people in the 5000 years of written human history that comes even close to our current system.

Last edited:
Reactions: hariseldon

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018

“Oh woe is me. I’m trying to survive in the wealthiest country on the planet, with a government that respects my god given rights, and a lifestyle that is considered lavish anywhere else on the planet.”

Dirk Benedict

May 31, 2013
in Cursed Isz
Yeah, the lack of a god-like figure is why this new religion never closes its doors when its demands are met. New grievances must be found in order for it to remain a potent force.
Notice how followers will say something like: “Well, we have made progress, but there is still a long way to go.” What they really mean by this nebulous statement is that their appetites will never be satisfied. No matter how many people cave in to their increasingly absurd demands, it will never be enough.
This is pretty accurate to me. Parroting your statement, it does seem this culture of one-upping disingenuous virtue signalling is an untamable beast who's hunger can never be satiated.

Riven326

Mar 25, 2019
United States
I think it's from first world problems. People have it all and don't know what it's like to face hardship so they make shit up instead.
The fall of the Soviet union was the worst thing to happen to this country. Someone told me that many years ago. I didn't believe it then. But Maybe he was right.

Reactions: hariseldon

CeroFrio996

Jun 20, 2019
“Oh woe is me. I’m trying to survive in the wealthiest country on the planet, with a government that respects my god given rights, and a lifestyle that is considered lavish anywhere else on the planet.”
And yet people are still dying because they don't have access to basic medicine like insulin. It's easy to scoff at the struggle of an entire generation, but then turn around and blame them for all the country's ills. Blame them for the death of the napkin industry instead of realizing that, hey, maybe buying napkins AND paper towels is kind of stupid. Blame them for not having children... instead of realizing that maybe, maybe not having children early on in life is a responsible financial choice, because having children is fucking expensive. Like not actually taking care of the child, just HAVING a baby is a huge and very sudden monetary burden.

People blaming the generation they proceeded is nothing new. In fact it's probably older than recorded history.

KojimaLovesMiyazaki

Formerly 'matt404au'
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
And yet people are still dying because they don't have access to basic medicine like insulin. It's easy to scoff at the struggle of an entire generation, but then turn around and blame them for all the country's ills. Blame them for the death of the napkin industry instead of realizing that, hey, maybe buying napkins AND paper towels is kind of stupid. Blame them for not having children... instead of realizing that maybe, maybe not having children early on in life is a responsible financial choice, because having children is fucking expensive. Like not actually taking care of the child, just HAVING a baby is a huge and very sudden monetary burden.

People blaming the generation they proceeded is nothing new. In fact it's probably older than recorded history.
What struggle?

CeroFrio996

Jun 20, 2019
These selfies don't take themselves!
You sure do love the TIME when it affirms your beliefs don't you?

Selfies ain't new

Uh, the same struggle as anyone else has when an economy bottoms out and has to rebuild? Housing market is garbage, and do you know who that affects the most? People who didn't already have homes. Millennial also have more debt than past generations did.

KojimaLovesMiyazaki

Formerly 'matt404au'
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
You sure do love the TIME when it affirms your beliefs don't you?

Selfies ain't new

Uh, the same struggle as anyone else has when an economy bottoms out and has to rebuild? Housing market is garbage, and do you know who that affects the most? People who didn't already have homes. Millennial also have more debt than past generations did.
I’m a millennial and owned two houses by age 25. You know how? I chose a good degree then chased a high paying job that required self-sacrifice and being away from home half the year. I set myself up by doing the hard yards young so now I have a sweet desk job and financial security. There was nothing stopping my peers from doing the same, but many of them chose to chase frivolous arts degrees that got them nowhere. Our generation has more opportunity than any other in history. Quit your whinging.

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
And yet people are still dying because they don't have access to basic medicine like insulin.
Past generations literally couldn’t buy insulin
It's easy to scoff at the struggle of an entire generation, but then turn around and blame them for all the country's ills. Blame them for the death of the napkin industry instead of realizing that, hey, maybe buying napkins AND paper towels is kind of stupid.
😂 what.

You take internet articles way to seriously
Blame them for not having children... instead of realizing that maybe, maybe not having children early on in life is a responsible financial choice, because having children is fucking expensive. Like not actually taking care of the child, just HAVING a baby is a huge and very sudden monetary burden.
If that is your reason for not having a child, than that is your personal choice and absolutely something you can be blamed for.

Doesn’t change the fact you live in the
wealthiest country on the planet, with a government that respects my god given rights, and a lifestyle that is considered lavish anywhere else on the planet.
what is uniquely new is how incredibly narcissistic this generation is.

Edit: the housing market is pretty goodnight now, not that you care.

Last edited:

ViceUniverse

Mar 12, 2019
I’m a millennial and owned two houses by age 25. You know how? I chose a good degree then chased a high paying job that required self-sacrifice and being away from home half the year. I set myself up by doing the hard yards young so now I have a sweet desk job and financial security. There was nothing stopping my peers from doing the same, but many of them chose to chase frivolous arts degrees that got them nowhere. Our generation has more opportunity than any other in history. Quit your whinging.
So your mommy and daddy coddled you for 18 years before you went off to college?

That really doesn't have anything to do with millennials.

Last edited:

KojimaLovesMiyazaki

Formerly 'matt404au'
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
So your mommy and daddy coddled you for 18 years before you went off to college?

That really doesn't have anything to do with millennials.
If you would genuinely like to know, my parents went through a bitter divorce that dragged out over my late teenage years, ultimately leading to me moving out on my own at age 18 with <$100 to my name, working a low paying job (employment laws here reduce pay significantly if you are <21) to fund my way through uni.

You aren’t genuine though, so you can eat a dick you soft millennial cunt.

ViceUniverse

Mar 12, 2019
If you would genuinely like to know, my parents went through a bitter divorce that dragged out over my late teenage years, ultimately leading to me moving out on my own at age 18 with <$100 to my name, working a low paying job (employment laws here reduce pay significantly if you are <21) to fund my way through uni.

And what country do you live in you gen x cunt?

Last edited:

dionysus

Yaldog
May 12, 2007
Texaa

Millennials, including myself, literally have it better than any previous generation in terms of standard of living. Yet, somehow we see ourselves as victims and oppressed. Being "deadnamed" or using the wrong pronouns surely ranks up there with Polio epidemics, mandatory drafts to go fight in world wars, or immigrating to a wilderness in a sailing ship for a month where the only social safety net was begging the natives for food.

Whiny millennials can fuck off.

Last edited:

Airola

Jun 25, 2015
Finland
So that's why you became so cranky, it all makes sense now... :unsure:
half joking, half serious

I agree with you though.

I'm one of the lazy bastards who went to an art school and doesn't care for going to a school that doesn't interest me and who doesn't care to chase high paying jobs, but at the very least I recognize my laziness and I understand that I'm not entitled to demand the society to change to coddle my lack of spine and whatever identity problems I might have.

I guess the easier it gets to make things easy and comfortable without having to work for it too much, the more irritated and troubled we become from absolutely trivial things.

CeroFrio996

Jun 20, 2019
"because I did it, everyone else can too!"

So, by that logic we can have ten million Bill Gates?

And stop it with this bullshit liberal arts nonsense, it doesn't match up with reality. Millenials far and away have more useful degrees than they do liberal art degrees.

Your success story doesn't mean that other people can't work hard and smart and still fall short.

Past generations literally couldn’t buy insulin
So now that it's widely available why are people still dying? That's not the only example either. Life saving vaccines that not only effect the person who is medicated but also the people around them for example. We could easily vaccinate everyone in the world for TB.

😂 what.

You take internet articles way to seriously
It was an example of the pettiness with which we blame the problems of society on the younger generation.

If that is your reason for not having a child, than that is your personal choice and absolutely something you can be blamed for.

Doesn’t change the fact you live in the
Wealthiest nation is the world is also the nation that has some of the highest poverty in the developed world and the largest gap between the highest and lowest income class.

what is uniquely new is how incredibly narcissistic this generation is.

Edit: the housing market is pretty goodnight now, not that you care.
No, that's not unique at all, and the housing market is garbage in the US.

Last edited:

Airola

Jun 25, 2015
Finland
Blame them for not having children... instead of realizing that maybe, maybe not having children early on in life is a responsible financial choice, because having children is fucking expensive. Like not actually taking care of the child, just HAVING a baby is a huge and very sudden monetary burden.
I find it a bit cold to talk about the issue of having children being a case of being financially responsible. It's also weird how it being a possible financial burden has been a real worry more in modern times where we have food, water, clothes and money than in the past where people used to have way less of all of that. Like, the richer and more comfortable we become, the more we start to see kids as a threat to our finances. Back in the day they were a sign of hope and seen as a gift. They were seen as a gift from god himself, and sure as hell most people didn't have it easy back then. But now in case of pregnancy the discussion is about how financially responsible we are, and at worst we come to the conclusion that 1) it costs too much for us, and 2) the kid might have a tough life, and on those grounds we make the decision to rip it out of the womb. Everything is ok again. We didn't lose money and possible struggles in later life for that kid can't happen anymore. Hooray.

Maybe all those generations were right. Maybe we have slowly lost our backbone generation after generation. People having done it in the past doesn't mean it can't be true now. It could even be seen as some sort of evidence of there being some truth behind.

See what I wrote above. Now think of people who lived, say, 1000 or 2000 or even 3000 years ago. If they could see a quick flash to the future in our days and see how we look at the issue of having kids, they would most certainly say we have lost our minds completely. Instead of this sci-fi scenario of looking into future we kinda have been able to have the same thing by slowly, generation by generation, looking at how the next generation is a bit worse than before. And hell, they knew they themselves were fucked up already :D

Last edited:

CeroFrio996

Jun 20, 2019
I find it a bit cold to talk about the issue of having children being a case of being financially responsible. It's also weird how it being a possible financial burden has been a real worry more in modern times where we have food, water, clothes and money than in the past where people used to have way less of all of that.
It's a worry because raising children in poverty leads to more poverty and a lower standard of living for those children. It's not just a finical risk assessment for ourselves, but also for the children.

Like, the richer and more comfortable we become, the more we start to see kids as a threat to our finances. Back in the day they were a sign of hope and seen as a gift.
Dude... what idealized world are you imagining??? Having children has been a calculation of finical well being since finical well being has been a thing, and before that people had children to tend to farms and learn trades.

But now in case of pregnancy the discussion is about how financially responsible we are, and at worst we come to the conclusion that 1) it costs too much for us, and 2) the kid might have a tough life, and on those grounds we make the decision to rip it out of the womb. Everything is ok again. We didn't lose money and possible struggles in later life for that kid can't happen anymore. Hooray.
Always with the theatrics. "rip it from the womb". Are you opposed to birth control and plan B too? Plan B ACTUALLY stops fertilized eggs from implanting. It's basically an early chemical abortion. Setting that aside, do you understand just how many potential lives are lost before they ever have a chance of being aborted? The number of fertilized eggs that miscarry or don't implant is FAR higher than any number of abortions.

Maybe all those generations were right. Maybe we have slowly lost our backbone generation after generation. People having done it in the past doesn't mean it can't be true now. It could even be seen as some sort of evidence of there being some truth behind.
Just because it's been said time and time again doesn't make it any more true. It's simply a part of our biology that we think in this way. We view ourselves, and therefore our generations, in higher regards then others. So the past generation aways made things worse, we always made things better, and those who come after us? They'll always fuck it up. That's a truth of the human condition that will probably never change.

See what I wrote above. Now think of people who lived, say, 1000 or 2000 or even 3000 years ago. If they could see a quick flash to the future in our days and see how we look at the issue of having kids, they would most certainly say we have lost our minds completely. Instead of this sci-fi scenario of looking into future we kinda have been able to have the same thing by slowly, generation by generation, looking at how the next generation is a bit worse than before. And hell, they knew they themselves were fucked up already :D
Yes, being hung up on ancient religous dogma does make it difficult to see progress however...

The people who lived 1000 years ago would be fucking PYSCHED that you could have two or three children instead of five or more because children don't die so often. They'd also be amazed that we have the medical science to keep mothers from dying in childbirth. We are UNEQUIVOCALLY better equipped to bring children into this world, AND TO CHOOSE WHEN and HOW, then we ever have been in the past.

KojimaLovesMiyazaki

Formerly 'matt404au'
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
So that's why you became so cranky, it all makes sense now... :unsure:
half joking, half serious

I agree with you though.

I'm one of the lazy bastards who went to an art school and doesn't care for going to a school that doesn't interest me and who doesn't care to chase high paying jobs, but at the very least I recognize my laziness and I understand that I'm not entitled to demand the society to change to coddle my lack of spine and whatever identity problems I might have.

I guess the easier it gets to make things easy and comfortable without having to work for it too much, the more irritated and troubled we become from absolutely trivial things.
I mean, I totally support anyone’s right to take it easy and study art. I’ll just tell them to shut the fuck up if they start complaining about a lack of opportunity and start demanding free shit.

KojimaLovesMiyazaki

Formerly 'matt404au'
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
"because I did it, everyone else can too!"

So, by that logic we can have ten million Bill Gates?

And stop it with this bullshit liberal arts nonsense, it doesn't match up with reality. Millenials far and away have more useful degrees than they do liberal art degrees.

Your success story doesn't mean that other people can't work hard and smart and still fall short.

So now that it's widely available why are people still dying? That's not the only example either. Life saving vaccines that not only effect the person who is medicated but also the people around them for example. We could easily vaccinate everyone in the world for TB.

It was an example of the pettiness with which we blame the problems of society on the younger generation.

Wealthiest nation is the world is also the nation that has some of the highest poverty in the developed world and the largest gap between the highest and lowest income class.

No, that's not unique at all, and the housing market is garbage in the US.
The devaluation of college education is another topic we can get into, but you’re not gonna like the answer, Mr. Feminist.

Riven326

Mar 25, 2019
United States
I'm a millennial. I work for my money and I hate socialism and the far left. It's my understanding that I'm a minority among my fellow millenials. Maybe its because I didn't go to college, and so I avoided the indoctrination. If so, I pat myself on the back. Way to go Riven326. You're not a commie. Well done. 👍

Last edited: