• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Downtown Los Angeles Art Walk |OT| Copious amounts of alcohol or culture but not both

Status
Not open for further replies.
aUbsT.jpg

http://downtownartwalk.org/

WHAT: The Downtown LA Art Walk is a monthly showcase and celebration of the best galleries, artists, photography, restaurants, bars and shops, and businesses located in Downtown Los Angeles. Seven years after gallery owners and business leaders had the idea that Angelenos would promenade a block from Skid Row, the event now draws up to 30,000 visitors. It has both spurred the revitalization of downtown and grown with it.

WHERE: Main And Spring St. Between 4th And 7th

WHEN: The 2nd Thursday Of EVERY Month, Rain Or Shine.

COST: Art Walk Attendance Is Always FREE

Bars and Restaurants

http://downtownartwalk.org/directory/

Galleries

http://downtownartwalk.org/galleries/

Meet ups

February 9th 2012

People interested:

B-Ri
Basketball Reasons
clearacell
cmonmanreally
davidpdong
doitlive
Iceman
Isa0
Jamesfrom818
plasticpassion
ryutaro's mama
Sobriquet
Zyzyxxz

Rendevous point: ???

This could be big and crowded and I'm not quite sure where would be a good spot to meet. The lounge in the center should be a good spot but suggestions are welcome.

bars and restaurants?
people go for the food trucks.
at least i do, anyways

WHAT: The Downtown LA Art Walk is a monthly showcase and celebration of the best galleries, artists, photography, restaurants, bars and shops, and businesses located in Downtown Los Angeles. Seven years after gallery owners and business leaders had the idea that Angelenos would promenade a block from Skid Row, the event now draws up to 30,000 visitors. It has both spurred the revitalization of downtown and grown with it.
lol

count me as game time decision. i've got shit to do early friday morning.

I'm almost always at Art Walk, I live on 5th and Main so I can't really avoid at least hearing it. Let's grab a few pitchers at the Down N Out, then some Irish Car Bombs at Casey's, then some pills that may or may not be Vicoden from a possibly homeless man selling them for $10!

Seriously, I love Art Walk. The bars are packed and some of the food trucks are amazing (Look for a stand selling Cheese Steak Fries in the lot where a grip of food trucks always are - it's good stuff). Oh and theres art too... I think?

Disclaimer: Some months it isn't nearly as busy as others, in fact sometimes it can be quite dead. Also, typically it doesn't start picking up at until around 9 or 10pm.

I just did this, you fools. Well, not the Art Walk, but I just did this.

Surely you do not want to kill me.

You do have a point and I made the thread at the last second pretty much. Thats why I didn't slap a date in the title. We can organize for the next one in March which may coincide with Seth C's visit.

Isa0

Neo Member
So is this not happening today? Regardless I drive by DTLA on my way home from work (6-630ish) so if any Gaffer still wants to meet up, I'm down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom