• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dozen gamers get their asses beat by three unarmed punks in internet cafe, video

Naeblish

They were playing starcraft 2 and probably thinking, lets rush these punks out the door so i can get back to playing :lol

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Gomu Gomu said:
9ZNsT.jpg

Reminds me of the security cam footage from Superbad. :lol

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Coldsnap said:
I noticed that not one of the patrons actually threw a punch, they sorta just push fought the robbers while getting beat up.
PC gamers usually don't play a lot of fighting games.

Raide

SapientWolf said:
PC gamers usually don't play a lot of fighting games.

The Superior Race has no need for petty hand-to-hand combat. Lets leave that to the Console Peasants who fight for food and attention on the gritty streets.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
shagg_187 said:
9ZNsT.jpg

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! Not Jeff Gerstmann!!! :O

Thank god I wasn't the only one that thought this.

That's the worst Terran rush ive ever seen. Still, they managed to keep their command center intact and eventually regained access to their resources. keep it up, guys.

Freedom = $1.05 said:
That's the worst Terran rush ive ever seen. Still, they managed to keep their command center intact and eventually regained access to their resources. keep it up, guys.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Title doesn't make sense. The only thing that actually got "beat" in that entire video was the LCD monitor the guy hit off the desk :lol

Cheeto

Freedom = $1.05 said:
Meh, this looks like silver league play

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
DS is SRS bznss

Also the title is wildly misleading. "Two fat guys get punched, melee ensues, three clowns escape with some change."

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
"Yo man, give me your money."

"Alright, that's alright, just don't hurt anyone"

Everyone hands over money.

"Hey man, give me that Nintendo DS shit."

"FUCK YOU MAN, GET THE FUCK BACK, I GOT MY DRAGON QUEST SAVE ON THERE"

Fight starts.

Coeliacus

Guessing this is the same thing.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/technology/7939080/gamers-attack-would-be-robbers

Coworkers are in fits of laughter with the following quotes (that ninemsn probably made up themselves... but whatever).

"He hit me and I kind of just got angry and I bull-rushed him out the door," he said.

"We're gamers, we've been immersed in that culture where we all want to be like Superman, — we're missing something in our brain that says this might be dangerous."

clo1_2000 said:
One thing is fore sure; that guy can take a punch like a champ.

Yeah, you're right. I saw the video of the surveillance, he took a punch in the jaw, so I'm surprised he didn't faint. It was a good punch, too.

All in all, good job. At the end of the video, the guy saying they were gamers was cringe worthy.

I think the worst part of it was the fact that some of the assailants were customers of the shop =/

Zanken said:
Guessing this is the same thing.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/technology/7939080/gamers-attack-would-be-robbers

Coworkers are in fits of laughter with the following quotes (that ninemsn probably made up themselves... but whatever).

No, I watched the video and they did not make those quotes up :lol :lol :lol when the guy started talking about their brains, gamers and superman, I decided to turn off the video because I was cringing :lol

_Bro

Banned
"Like we all wanna be superman. We're missing something partial in our brain that says 'Yeah, this might be dangerous.'"

That's why all of you bitched out until someone tried to touch a DS.

Salazar

Sohter.Nura said:
No, I watched the video and they did not make those quotes up :lol :lol :lol when the guy started talking about their brains, gamers and superman, I decided to turn off the video because I was cringing :lol

You are not wrong. That bit was frighteningly embarrassing.

CTLance

Amazing. I love how the gamers just sort of cling to the bad guys. Thank $deities I don't have sound right now, these quotes are frightening. That clerk is pretty lucky, a punch on the jaw is nothing to sneer at, and it looks like it connected. I probably would have fainted.

Also: I wonder how many stereotypes were reinforced in that video.

Dabanton

Seriously how did no one notice that those two guys came in shouting at the guy at the desk. They couldn't all have had on headphones. :lol

In other words they did see but didn't want to get involved,it was only because they were looking to take that guys DS that it kicked off,as the other people in their were already handing money over like suckers.

Top Bottom