• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DQX JPN Box art (nothing related to E3 or US announcement)

Yottamole

Banned
Cover art:
52b62eab66c95bf279bca284beaaddafb75f8d45.jpg

b219a5c95dfcc492fe30723b0548f0f88e8c0a7c.jpg

Galang

Banned
Wow I love the cover art.

Actually completely forgot about this game and the Wii U Version as well.

Honestly I'm more interested in DQM 3D, the whole MMO thing and the way it actually looks feels underwhelming. I wish Arte Piazza was behind X, they have great style, and Opoona was great so...

Or at least Genius Sonority, kinda feels weird that it's an in-house game.

Is TOSE behind DQM 3D?

Aeana

Honestly I'm more interested in DQM 3D, the whole MMO thing and the way it actually looks feels underwhelming. I wish Arte Piazza was behind X, they have great style, and Opoona was great so...

Is TOSE behind DQM 3D?
Yes, of course.

nordique

This game is still going to sell well, just how much?

I think crossing a million alone is a question mark (which was rare for games on home consoles in Japan to do this gen, other than the Wii)

Would love to see this game sell well

I can only think of how much $$$ Square Enix will get from even 500k subscribers monthly

Could this game end up surprising everyone in the end and selling typical DQ mainline numbers?

Erm...anyways back to topic....Box art is slick

Box art looks good. Honestly, I'm still cautiously optimistic about this game. The (admittedly few) actual impressions I've heard have been pretty favorable. At the very least, I plan on giving it a try when/if it releases in NA.

yankee666

Nice Box art.
I hope that the game doesnt have IP blocked restrictions so i can give it a try.
I nearly bought a JPN X360 just for playing MH Frontier.... then i found out that the game has ip blocking :(

Is TOSE behind DQM 3D?
Was it really? I was really interested in it until I read an IGN (I believe) review that pretty much said that the game was made for kids just getting into RPGs.

Alrus

Nice box art :)

This game is still going to sell well, just how much?

I think crossing a million alone is a question mark (which was rare for games on home consoles in Japan to do this gen, other than the Wii)

Would love to see this game sell well

Could this game end up surprising everyone in the end and selling typical DQ mainline numbers?

It will sell much better than FFXI on the ps2 at least, because :

1) It's Dragon Quest
2) It doesn't require an extremely expensive HDD that can't be bought directly in store to play it.

Now it's still a MMO and it's still P2P, so I don't expect anything close to a mainline DQ sales but it should still do decently, and if it has enough content, it should be a decent money maker for Square.

Was it really? I was really interested in it until I read an IGN (I believe) review that pretty much said that the game was made for kids just getting into RPGs.

/ ̄ ̄\
    /ノ( _ノ  \
    | ⌒(( ●)(●)
    .|     (__人__) /⌒l
     |     ` ⌒´ノ |`'''| 
    / ⌒ヽ     }  |  |            ____    
   /  へ  \   }__/ /           /─  —\   
 / / |      ノ   ノ           /●))  ((●\ . ’, ・  ぐぇあ
( _ ノ    |      \´       _   /    (__人__)’,∴\ ,  ’ 
       |       \_,, -‐ ''"   ̄ ゙̄''—---└'´ ̄`ヽ/  > て 
       .|                        __ ノ /  (
       ヽ           _,, -‐ ''" ̄ヽ、 ̄ `ー'´  /  r'" ̄
         \       , '´          /       .| 
          \     (           /       |
            \    \        /        

Aeana

Nice box art :)

It will sell much better than FFXI on the ps2 at least, because :

1) It's Dragon Quest
2) It doesn't require an extremely expensive HDD that can't be bought directly in store to play it.

Now it's still a MMO and it's still P2P, so I don't expect anything close to a mainline DQ sales but it should still do decently, and if it has enough content, it should be a decent money maker for Square.

I don't think this is as safe of a bet as you think it is, but it's a bit of a wild card, so we'll see.

Anyone here playing, btw? I'm definitely picking this up.

I will be, provided they don't IP block and I can work out a payment method (Wii shop points will hopefully work, if all else fails).

Alrus

I don't think this is as safe of a bet as you think it is, but it's a bit of a wild card, so we'll see.

You don't think it will sell more than FF XI on PS2 (talking about Japan obviously)? Haha that would be catastrophic if so.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Here are some new screens too. Looks great as usual, lots of unique landmarks per area etc, Xenoblade style, just not set on two Gods or whatever so not having that sort of weird formation. Quite similar design to VIII, and definitely of larger scope than IX.
dqx01.jpg
dqx21.jpg
dqx03.jpg
dqx04.jpg
dqx06.jpg
dqx08.jpg
dqx10.jpg
dqx12.jpg

Cmagus

Wonder when we will see some Wii-U screens for this.

I will be, provided they don't IP block and I can work out a payment method (Wii shop points will hopefully work, if all else fails).

I am in the same boat and hoping they don't block it. I will import this day one if I can.

God. I hate how that flat, sterile, unwelcoming, MMO stink has slithered its way into the DQ series. The world looks terrible.

Why couldn't we just get another solid, well-written, expansive Dragon Quest 8 experience?

Mato

Wow that looks exciting. I would buy this game if I were buying games based on the cover.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
after seeing Pikmin 3 I do not expect the WiiU screens to be so different
What does Pikmin 3 have to do with anything? Of course this won't look very different though, it's a port.

HD, higher draw distance, proper shadows instead of blob, maybe tweaked lighting engine, done, is my guess.

I enjoyed DQIX so much this might be the game that makes me buy a Wii U. I had no idea it was coming for that!

Has there been a pricing structure listed anywhere?

zlatko

Banned
I will keep my eye on this game if only because SE was able to do a great MMO once with FFXI, and they could strike gold again here or with FFXIV 2.0.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
What does Pikmin 3 have to do with anything? Of course this won't look very different though, it's a port.

HD, higher draw distance, proper shadows instead of blob, maybe tweaked lighting engine, done, is my guess.

Pikmin 3 is a wii port just as this will be so he kind of has a point.

Aeana

God. I hate how that flat, sterile, unwelcoming, MMO stink has slithered its way into the DQ series. The world looks terrible.

Why couldn't we just get another solid, well-written, expansive Dragon Quest 8 experience?

Maybe you will someday in the future.

I enjoyed DQIX so much this might be the game that makes me buy a Wii U. I had no idea it was coming for that!

Has there been a pricing structure listed anywhere?

Service charge: 1,000 Yen for 30 days, 1,950 Yen for 60 days and 2,900 Yen for 90 days

Top Bottom