• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dr. Disrespect's channel pulled from twitch due to IRL streaming from an E3 Mens bathroom

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Saw a couple of his vids, wasn't really into the humor, but never like to see someone lose their thing when there wasn't ill or nefarious intent.

MayauMiao

I like Doc but he really should not be streaming in a bathroom where everyone there prefer to have their parts to remain private...unless you're George Michael.

DonF

I mean its a potential risk, but nothing happened, nothing wrong was filmed. They should give him a soft ban, just a warning.

GenericUser

I don't like his persona at all, but twitch is overreacting here. Man, I remember topless streams with TMR back in the day, those were the good times. Back before titty streamers invaded the place.

Sometime people make mistakes buddy. That doesn't mean they should be permanently banished and lose their main source of income for it.

That's up for Twitch to decide, Amazon might even step in if the story gets big enough and reaches mainstream media.

Personally I think he should be perma banned from Twitch because it gives the message that this type of behavior is "okay". If it's a temporary ban then it's not a real punishment. You send the message out that doing this sort of thing has no real consequences.

Other big streamers will emulate this after seeing it unless otherwise. Since IRL streaming has become a thing on twitch it's created this "one upsmanship" culture that has no end in sight.

Eventually someone will get seriously hurt or something terrible will happen which will cause advertisers to BTFO. Which will finally make Amazon step into action due to backlash, it doesn't matter what the sub counts are. If advertisers pull out of Twitch it's GG.

Tygeezy

This will probably benefit him in the long term as he will get a huge spike in viewers when he makes his heroic return.

TrainedRage

Banned
He is pretty much the only "streamer" I watch. Im fine with catching his videos on YT.
Bet this will help his channel actually.

Wouldnt be surprised if Mixer try and tap him up.
He's certainly entertaining, and actually a pretty good gamer. The way he ignores tips annoys me though, i know you're playing a gme but other streamers manage to thank tippers.
He gets so many damn tips and subs that when he does try to go over them even he gets confused and loses track of where he is.

C4lukin2

Banned
How can you be so dumb?

You do not follow and videotape people in bathrooms.

I think it is somewhere stated in the Old Testament.

Why is it that every popular gamer shows themselves to being a complete idiot?

Don’t stick your thumb up dogs ass holes, and do not follow children into a bathroom with a video camera?

Just very simple shit to live by.

Redstarwater

Neophyte
That's up for Twitch to decide, Amazon might even step in if the story gets big enough and reaches mainstream media.

Personally I think he should be perma banned from Twitch because it gives the message that this type of behavior is "okay". If it's a temporary ban then it's not a real punishment. You send the message out that doing this sort of thing has no real consequences.

Other big streamers will emulate this after seeing it unless otherwise. Since IRL streaming has become a thing on twitch it's created this "one upsmanship" culture that has no end in sight.

Eventually someone will get seriously hurt or something terrible will happen which will cause advertisers to BTFO. Which will finally make Amazon step into action due to backlash, it doesn't matter what the sub counts are. If advertisers pull out of Twitch it's GG.

This post is the biggest bunch of malarkey. You probably think weed is a gateway drug to heroine and sex. No one is going to emulate this. Do you know how human beings work?

He will be unbanned soon, it’s too detrimental to twitch, same with Asmongold.

G-DannY

I cannot stand anymore the bigotry, bandwagoning about taking anything too seriously, the echochambering and the repression of "different opinion from what we think is good" of the other side, about gaming and anything.
it started lite when opened, but nowadays it's really the bottom of the human social media discussions.

Threads about this and all the other dramas from CP2077 etc are really some hot shit in there.

Last edited:

ParanoidRED

Banned
I cannot stand anymore the bigotry, bandwagoning about taking anything too seriously, the echochambering and the repression of "different opinion from what we think is good" of the other side, about gaming and anything.
it started lite when opened, but nowadays it's really the bottom of the human social media discussions.

Threads about this and all the other dramas from CP2077 etc are really some hot shit in there.
Are you drunk

Tesseract

Banned
he fucked up, intentions matter here, it's gonna suck if he's perma'd because of that stupid shit

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
No, any public building and all its rooms are places you are allowed to video tape, obviously its definitely something you should consider to be too intrusive despite not been against any laws.

Not in California. You can't record video in a public restroom because of privacy laws. A public restroom is still a place for privacy, else Everyone would be doing their business out in the open air.

So he broke some law they didn't know about. Let them man deal with the consequences and if possible he will be back, I don't know Twitch terms and conditions for something so specific.

Dude is just an entertainer that happens to be pretty famous on Twitch and is doing an honest living. Why do some people here "hope" he stays banned and stuff like that? Isn't that a little fucked up?

This is one of the few 'tech bans' that I think was deserved. I don't know much of anything regarding this streamer, nor do I have an opinion on him, but he clearly violated the law. Twitch was obligated by law to pull the stream.

It was just a dumb move all around.

Kenpachii

This post is the biggest bunch of malarkey. You probably think weed is a gateway drug to heroine and sex. No one is going to emulate this. Do you know how human beings work?

He will be unbanned soon, it’s too detrimental to twitch, same with Asmongold.

It's kinda funny, people in his channel got perm banned ( asmongold ) for saying naga stole my bike. He then reacts on how he finds it good that they are perma banned and should never be not perma banned and then continou to say nigga stole my bike on his stream for 30 times in the next 5 minutes himself without getting banned :messenger_sunglasses: :messenger_ok:

Dr disrespect doesn't give a shit about it tho. Everybody forum and news site will report on it, he gets a free vacation and then when he comes back he will heavily cash in on it with a return stream.

Whole twitch is a joke and everybody knows it.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
So he broke some law they didn't know about. Let them man deal with the consequences and if possible he will be back, I don't know Twitch terms and conditions for something so specific.

Dude is just an entertainer that happens to be pretty famous on Twitch and is doing an honest living.

Lol just because he is an entertainer doesn’t mean he can start breaking any laws coz he is too stupid to learn them. If he didn’t catch anyone on film he should be good and count his blessings. He sounds like a idiot who never has to deal with the consequence of his actions tho, seeing him do this in the first place.

Ultimately it is up to Twitch if they want him back or not. Because when you are “doing an honest living” your employment lies in the hands of your employer.

I will say if I saw someone taping me in a bathroom I will take their phone and throw it in a toilet.

Last edited:

Petrae

What a fucking dope. I’d love to see Twitch have the balls to permaban him and his sponsors should quickly distance themselves, but I just can’t see it happening. Jake Paul Syndrome doesn’t just exist on YouTube, and Twitch will likely decide that it can’t afford to lose a popular name because he was being a creepy fuck and breaking the law. Sponsors should be jumping ship, though. Whoever paid for his trip to E3 wasted their cash since he got his badge revoked and could well be banned an extended period.

To willfully decide to start streaming in a public restroom— at a considerably-attended convention, no less— is a gamble at best and an inexcusable lapse in judgment at worst.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. No tears would be shed if he lost everything, That’s called making an example so other wannabe personalities don’t exercise the same foolish decision-making,

Top Bottom