• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dr. Disrespect's channel pulled from twitch due to IRL streaming from an E3 Mens bathroom

I don't understand why is not allowed to film in the bathroom,they were following him not strangers,I looked a little at this stream and I found it very entertaining ,seeing things outside the camera that other sites are showing,and damn he is tall

Last edited:

Blam

I don't understand why is not allowed to film in the bathroom,they were following him not strangers,I looked a little at this stream and I found it very entertaining ,seeing things outside the camera that other sites are showing,and damn he is tall
I looked at the law. It specifically states you cannot record a bathroom with the intent of breaching privacy

I looked at the law. It specifically states you cannot record a bathroom with the intent of breaching privacy
Well I don't think we have a law like this in my country,but I saw girls filming from public toilets and It seems there was no issue there.Besides I don't think this ban will last long,he has a lot of subscribers and I don;t think twitch want to lose that.

Redstarwater

Neophyte
You all sound like a bunch of puritan SJWs going around trying to make examples of people. It’s all layers of virtue signaling. Don’t be these people.

Find other ways to feel good about yourself.

Edit: and by feel good I mean like posting in the fitness thread in offtopic. Make something of yourself instead of pretending you’ve never broken laws before because you’re a good boy!

Last edited:

MMaRsu

Banned
I'm not saying I agree with this law, but the law is the law and if you break it you will be held responsible. It's not like it's " cool " to break the law or anything.

manfestival

You all sound like a bunch of puritan SJWs going around trying to make examples of people. It’s all layers of virtue signaling. Don’t be these people.

Edit: and by feel good I mean like posting in the fitness thread in offtopic. Make something of yourself instead of pretending you’ve never broken laws before because you’re a good boy!
Been lurking the thread for the lulz but geez. Is this streamer guy your family or something? Why are you so defensive?

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill

They filmed a 10 year old boy taking a piss in the background by accident.
Are you insane? Surely live streaming that is not ok.

RIGHT?

Redstarwater

Neophyte
Been lurking the thread for the lulz but geez. Is this streamer guy your family or something? Why are you so defensive?

I’m reacting like a normal human being. Not some spergy SJW wannabes in this thread who deep down just don’t like Dr Disrespeft because he tall and rich and has a real social life. A normal functioning human.

Redstarwater

Neophyte
They filmed a 10 year old boy taking a piss in the background by accident.
Are you insane? Surely live streaming that is not ok.

RIGHT?

People FaceTime in bathrooms all the time, even in the Magic Kingdom, they aren’t doing it for evil/nefarious reasons, they do it because they are just not thinking and making a mistake.

Context matters. Every single person makes mistakes all the time, even you.

Last edited:

manfestival

I’m reacting like a normal human being. Not some spergy SJW wannabes in this thread who deep down just don’t like Dr Disrespeft because he tall and rich and has a real social life. A normal functioning human.
Are you trying to tell yourself this? You are like super defensive over somebody that there is a 99% chance doesn't care about you.

G-DannY

as I said on the other "site", children are not allowed (under 17) to E3. so the child thing is completely by accident and should never happened apart from the stream

now bash me like no tomorrow also here about it.

as a lot of other people, I'm not saying that that stream from the bathroom was ok, simply I don't overdrama about it

Last edited:

Redstarwater

Neophyte
So you go to Disney world a bunch and don't mind children being filmed while in the bathroom. No need to tell us anything more, we know exactly who you are Peter Bright.

Are you mentally challenged?

When you go to Walt Disney World, like let’s say the Magic Kingdom, you are there for 10 hours a day and pissing throughout because it’s 90 degrees and you drink a lot of water. Bathrooms get a lot of traffic and people walk in already on their phones... sometimes FaceTiming... maybe talking to a family member on the other side of the park but they stopped in for a quick piss.
Are they pedos nefariously using their cameras? NO! Jesus Christ I feel retarded having to explain how basic life works. Do you people not go outside and go on adventures and expirence shit?

It happens. Stop virtue signaling and find a different way to feel good in life.

Redstarwater

Neophyte
Are you trying to tell yourself this? You are like super defensive over somebody that there is a 99% chance doesn't care about you.
This isn’t about him this is about the overreactions to this situation and how it mirrors SJW fascists who go after people on Twitter.

It’s all virtue signaling and people who are jealous.

Redstarwater

Neophyte
After we take down Dr Disrespect who do you want to take down next? Because I’m a fucking loser with nothing better to do than take people down to my loser level. Ban them all for their mistakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
After we take down Dr Disrespect who do you want to take down next? Because I’m a fucking loser with nothing better to do than take people down to my loser level. Ban them all for their mistakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you OK?

waylo

Banned
Some of you act like dude busted into a bathroom at a daycare and yelled "WHERE ARE THE PEEPEES!?!?!".

Dude filmed in a bathroom of a place where you are supposed to be 17+ without thinking. Was it dumb? For sure. Is it some offense that calls for him to lose his job forever and be thrown in prison for 20 years? Fuck no.

Cactuarman

Banned
Jesus Christ I feel retarded having to explain how basic life works.

Do think there is a difference between Face Timing a family member at a Magic Kingdom bathroom 30 times a year and broadcasting a livestream at a Magic Kingdom bathroom in front of thousands of people?

I love Doc but this was a stupid mistake.

Also, do you go to the Magic Kingdom a lot or something?

When you go to Walt Disney World, like let’s say the Magic Kingdom, you are there for 10 hours a day and pissing throughout because it’s 90 degrees and you drink a lot of water. Bathrooms get a lot of traffic and people walk in already on their phones... sometimes FaceTiming... maybe talking to a family member on the other side of the park but they stopped in for a quick piss.

I hope you're trolling because this beautiful.

Redstarwater

Neophyte
Yes there is a difference, but there is also a smililairty, both are airhead mistakes with no ill intentions. (I assume and hope lol)

Redstarwater

Neophyte
Please quote where someone in this thread straight up said there is nothing wrong with filming in the bathroom in the context you present.

Then I want you to find where someone says they do it all the time.

You can’t so be quiet.

Holy shit are these idiots for real? I saw the entire stream, bathroom scene included.
It was completely harmless. There was nothing obscene visible.
Are they fore real: YES!

It was completely harmless: well I can't watch it now, but my guess it that it was otherwise the title would be something like "Twitch streamer banned for live streaming while doing nasty things in the men's room." - but we can't check it for ourselves now, can we?

On the other hand, you could argue that they don't want an escalation of bathroom streams on their platform, maybe it was illegal where he was at the time? If this is the case, shouldn't the law deal with this, if he's found guilty of something then let the platform ban him... something like that.

Last edited:

Skyr

Are they fore real: YES!

It was completely harmless: well I can't watch it now, but my guess it that it was otherwise the title would be something like "Twitch streamer banned for live streaming while doing nasty things in the men's room." - but we can't check it for ourselves now, can we?

On the other hand, you could argue that they don't want an escalation of bathroom streams on their platform, maybe it was illegal where he was at the time? If this is the case, shouldn't the law deal with this, if he's found guilty of something then let the platform ban him... something like that.
When I posted that I wasn't aware that it's a forbidden by law. Naturally I do understand now why twitch had to act that way.

Besides that I stand by my point that the events in this particular instance were harmless.
Does that mean that it generally should be ok to film in public restrooms? No absolutely not.
Mistakes were done but that doesn't justify that people call for the end of his career.

Unlike other streamers Doc is playing a role for hours every day on stream. There is no script involved, just pure improvisation.
When you are constantly focused on your acting you may loose awareness of your sourroundings.
Especially when it's your first IRL stream.

Kenpachii

pretty sure he is not allowed ?

Uh they banned him of the platform. How does he care what they still think?

He can let his wife make a channel and just stream on that as permanent guest if he cared. Easy done. Twitch can't do shit.

Last edited:
This matches his persona. Is anyone surprised? I watch his streams sometimes for entertainment.

What's up with all the people calling for permabans??? It was a judgement call and he misjudged and got banned. Jeez.

Some of you are stone cold.

Dibils2k

lol at the defenders...

also no one is saying people here havent broken a small law or two, but if you get caught you cant complain, simple as

ROMhack

Twitch can do what they want tbh. It's their platform and others exist - this guy isn't streaming there for kicks like some gaffers (he's making tons of money from it).

Obviously prison time is dumb because it seems like an innocent mistake.

Last edited:
Top Bottom