• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dr. Disrespect's channel pulled from twitch due to IRL streaming from an E3 Mens bathroom

Woo-Fu

Banned
If they're dumb enough to make it a permanent he'll get picked up by one of the competing platforms. I'm glad a lot of the people in here aren't judges since they seem to have no concept of intent and its importance.

ROMhack

If they're dumb enough to make it a permanent he'll get picked up by one of the competing platforms. I'm glad a lot of the people in here aren't judges since they seem to have no concept of intent and its importance.

This is what I imagine NeoGAF would be like as a judge.

Last edited:

Varteras

Gold Member
It's not even simply a question of legal or illegal. It's an ethical problem, too. You're walking into a place where people are relieving themselves and they're exposed. I know I don't want to be recorded by some random dude, intentionally or not, in a restroom while I'm doing my business. I damn sure wouldn't want my child recorded either. Kids can sometimes do unexpected things. Imagine your child turning from the urinal before they pulled their pants up. Now your child's junk is on the internet. Imagine helping someone get paid by listening to you taking a painful shit. What if he's still there when you walk out? Now the whole world sees the face of the person asking for divine intervention to keep your asshole from bleeding. Some of you may be cool with that. Most people are not. It's illegal in many places, it's completely inconsiderate, and just simply trashy. I don't think he deserves a permanent ban for this one incident but I do think there should be consequences.

iconmaster

Banned
i-HSbVfwp-2100x20000.jpg

GlamFM

Banned
I can totally see how you could find yourself in a situation where you make such a poor call.

And I bet without the adrenalin, the fans on site and the pressure to make interesting content no stop the idea to stream from a public bathroom would´ve never come to him. Don´t think he´s that stupid.

Just a very bad in the moment kinda decision.

Punish him(FOR SURE!), but don´t destroy him.

Last edited:

Enjay

Banned
If they're gonna make ridiculous laws protecting the most random things nowadays then "Assault With an Unwanted Camera" needs to be a thing.

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
It's not even simply a question of legal or illegal. It's an ethical problem, too. You're walking into a place where people are relieving themselves and they're exposed. I know I don't want to be recorded by some random dude, intentionally or not, in a restroom while I'm doing my business. I damn sure wouldn't want my child recorded either. Kids can sometimes do unexpected things. Imagine your child turning from the urinal before they pulled their pants up. Now your child's junk is on the internet. Imagine helping someone get paid by listening to you taking a painful shit. What if he's still there when you walk out? Now the whole world sees the face of the person asking for divine intervention to keep your asshole from bleeding. Some of you may be cool with that. Most people are not. It's illegal in many places, it's completely inconsiderate, and just simply trashy. I don't think he deserves a permanent ban for this one incident but I do think there should be consequences.
Or, you could just laugh it off. We've all got junk and we all shit, why are we so prudish? Kids I get, but seriously? I'd happily let the doc film me dropping hot ka-ka any day of the week and if he walked in while I was mid piss I'd laugh my ass off.

radewagon

Conversely, if they're dumb enough NOT to make it permanent, then they will have given tacit approval to future streamers to do the same should they wish to to trade a light punishment for some free publicity and buzz. Honestly, the only reason this is important to Twitch is the money. The fact that there are so many fans (and non fans) that think the behavior should be forgiven is kind of ridiculous. When did we sacrifice our objectivity so completely that there are people who think it's okay to film in a restroom where none of those people have given him the right to invade their privacy (or their child's privacy) and broadcast it all over the world? It's a real scummy thing to do. He showed a total lack of respect for every person's right to privacy and, quite plainly, his punishment needs to stick.

I guess the upside is that he's popular enough that his mistake can help send a message about where Twitch will draw the line and he won't be ruined by the punishment.

Aintitcool

Banned
I think someone has to classify intent from the stream. Like did commenters warn DOC? Was he provoked into doing it? How long did doc know he was in the wrong in that WC and breaking the law? What were commentators saying the whole time in there ?

If he can not come across as innocent to knowledge of the crime, the ban should be permanent on a equal rights platform. Problem is. The internet the is the opposite of equal rights, it's no rights at all for using people's privately owned websites like facebook/twitch/twitter.

But so many people come on the internet thinking it is government. So rare does online interactivity actually go straight into law cases. If no money is involved and some is in breach of terms of service.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Never bother with YT/Twitch personalities, but got to say Dr D is awesome. Might be my first onliner I watch a lot. This guy is hilarious and also a pretty good gamer. His Robo Doctor is awesome. I remember one vid he was doing PUBG or Call of Duty BR, killed some guys then started yelling.... "Faster, Harder, Better!" lol

Skyr

permanent ban. law is the law, he isn't going to jail, just losing a major income source. not the end of the world.
It’s not a permanent ban and he will be back soon on twitch.
You can also expect a major spike in viewership, subs and donations when he’s back, just like after his last “incident”.

Varteras

Gold Member
Or, you could just laugh it off. We've all got junk and we all shit, why are we so prudish? Kids I get, but seriously? I'd happily let the doc film me dropping hot ka-ka any day of the week and if he walked in while I was mid piss I'd laugh my ass off.

Good for you. Most people aren't you and have any number of reasons why they don't want some random guy walking into a restroom and recording where people are exposed and relieving themselves. Call it whatever you want. Most people don't approve of it, children are in there, and it is illegal in many areas. Same reasons why we wouldn't want some chick doing the same thing in a women's locker room. Most women don't want to show their goods to just anybody that might be watching. But shame on them for feeling that way?

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I only skimmed some of his posts, but thoroughly laughed at his Robo Doc vid above. I tried to find other ones but he didn't talk in that hilarious deep echo voice. I'll look for more of those kinds of Robo vids.

Ecto311

Anyone listen to kinda funny games with Gary Whitta shitting on doc? Saying he knew what he was doing and that it would result in a surge of cash for him. Also that he deserves a year ban. Pushing the idea there were kids in the bathroom. I thought e3 didn’t let kids in.

Tesseract

Banned
Anyone listen to kinda funny games with Gary Whitta shitting on doc? Saying he knew what he was doing and that it would result in a surge of cash for him. Also that he deserves a year ban. Pushing the idea there were kids in the bathroom. I thought e3 didn’t let kids in.

whitta said all that? what a fucking dope.

Top Bottom