• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dr. Neo Cortex voice actor implies Crash Bandicoot return?

Hey guys, someone linked me earlier to a post Lex Lang, the last voice of Dr. Neo Cortex put up on Facebook tonight:

lpgQdWd.jpg

Now, full disclosure, I run a Crash Bandicoot fan-twitter and forum, so over the years I've done some interviews with Lex Lang, among other developers and in-game talent.

So this tweet about it got an interesting response:

Tzvrdek.png

So I think that pretty much narrows down the list of "doctors" he could be playing, yeah?

Asked a few mods if this post is okay, and got basically a 'should be', so if it's not, go ahead and throw it out.

EDIT: Lang posted again claiming it's not Crash, but his game acting history suggests that he could be lying, as the only other doctor he played was in a recent game, not a game "gone by" needing to be "resurrected"... but who knows. I have no reason not to take him at his word. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=202833185&postcount=313

I don't doubt a new Crash game is coming.

But it's 100% about who will be making it. You tell me big red button or the skylanders people are making it and I'll be real bummed

Ash735

I fear the worst at E3....

CRASH BANDICOOT IS BACK!!!! A Game by Activision!!

And then goofy tribal tat hipster Crash bumbles on screen with his baby talk mumbling out "I heard you guys are looking for me??" Before cutting to footage of Skylanders type toys and figures as a Wii U exclusive.

I fear the worst at E3....

CRASH BANDICOOT IS BACK!!!! A Game by Activision!!

And then goofy tribal tat hipster Crash bumbles on screen with his baby talk mumbling out "I heard you guys are looking for me??" Before cutting to footage of Skylanders type toys and figures as a Wii U exclusive.

Maybe that canned Vicarious visions crash will return

vicariouscrash_610a.jpg

styl3s

Do we really still have people believing Crash isn't returning at this point?
I still people saying "IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN SONY DOESN'T OWN IT" or "Activison would NEVER partner with Sony".

People like being absurd. I am in the camp that believes anything can happen, especially after last E3.

Do you have a link to the FB post? Can't find it on his timeline.

Edit:

Ah, okay. I'll wait~

It's still there. I think you can't see it because of his privacy settings. He's friends with fans, so I don't think it's anything too private, and I made sure to ask some mods if it's okay. Lex seems fine with it being reposted based on where else it's been posted.

farisr

Won't be excited unless it's Sony developing it, specifically ND
Why ND? I don't think they're really the same team anymore that developed the 1-3 + CTR. Sony asking Insomniac to do it would probably be the best case scenario imo.

SDCowboy

Why ND? I don't think they're really the same team anymore that developed the 1-3 + CTR. Sony asking Insomniac to do it would probably be the best case scenario imo.

While Insomniac would be great too, I would think ND would be able to assemble a relatively small group to work on it. Heck, I would think it would even be a fun change of pace for them.

daTRUballin

Why does nobody ever speculate about Naughty Dog making the new Crash? Is it because the developers that made the old Crash games left ND? Is it because ND doesn't make cartoony games anymore and hasn't for a long time? I don't see why ND can't make it.

Sorry if I sound stupid. I'm not too knowledgeable about Crash. :p

Why does nobody ever speculate about Naughty Dog making the new Crash? Is it because the developers that made the old Crash games left ND? Is it because ND doesn't make cartoony games anymore and hasn't for a long time? I don't see why ND can't make it.

Naughty Dog is who people want to make it. But they just don't think that they will.

farisr

I think some people (like myself) lost faith when they learned that they were going for a semi-realistic angle for Jak 4 which didn't come together nicely, and ended up making the Last Of Us instead.

Basically made it seem like "they don't have it" for those types of games anymore.

Top Bottom