• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dr. Neo Cortex voice actor implies Crash Bandicoot return?

SNURB

I'm chortling at the people still denying that Crash is coming back when there's a SHITTON of teases.

I mean, do people need to spell it out for them?

Hexa

Cant tell if joking, but I never understood that argument. Why does one negate the other? Why would a serious shooter mean you cant do a cartoony platformer? The argument makes no sense.

The studio as a whole in terms of talent and pipeline are focused around a completely different mindset when it comes to making games as opposed to what would be needed to make a Crash game. If it was made by Naughty Dog, it would essentially have to be a team within Naughty Dog completely separate from the main team working in a completely different manner. So at that point, it becomes no different than hoping some other studio picks it up with a lot of talent from Naughty Dog.

I still think Big Red Button studios could pull off a good game if you give them enough time. Like it definitely looked like they had potential. They just needed twice as long or more to make the game. The other option that I think may be likely is Japan Studio.

And of course Sumo should make CTR. That's not even debatable.

The studio as a whole in terms of talent and pipeline are focused around a completely different mindset when it comes to making games as opposed to what would be needed to make a Crash game. If it was made by Naughty Dog, it would essentially have to be a team within Naughty Dog completely separate from the main team working in a completely different manner. So at that point, it becomes no different than hoping some other studio picks it up with a lot of talent from Naughty Dog.

I still think Big Red Button studios could pull off a good game if you give them enough time. Like it definitely looked like they had potential. They just needed twice as long or more to make the game. The other option that I think may be likely is Japan Studio.

And of course Sumo should make CTR. That's not even debatable.

Oh god. A Sumo developed CTR would be the best thing

ffdgh

Hype! Can't wait to finally have crash back.

Maybe that canned Vicarious visions crash will return

vicariouscrash_610a.jpg

Oh. Almost forgot about this abomination...

Toad.T

Banned
To bring younger generations up to speed, there should totally be a Rare Replay like collection, containing:

-Crash 1
-Crash 2: Cortex Strikes Back
-Crash 3: Warped
-CTR
-Crash Bash
-Crash: The Wrath of Cortex
-Crash Nitro Kart
-Crash Twinsanity
-Crash Tag-Team Racing

With some extras that pay lip service to the Nintendo portable games (That would probably never be released as long as Wii U VC is a thing) and Crash of the titans/Mind Over Mutant. As well as art/commercials and shit.

Add in trophies and (if at all possible) online play to the kart racers, sell it for $30.

Nice appetizer before the "main course", IMO.

N.Domixis

Banned
To bring younger generations up to speed, there should totally be a Rare Replay like collection, containing:

-Crash 1
-Crash 2: Cortex Strikes Back
-Crash 3: Warped
-CTR
-Crash Bash
-Crash: The Wrath of Cortex
-Crash Nitro Kart
-Crash Twinsanity
-Crash Tag-Team Racing

With some extras that pay lip service to the Nintendo portable games (That would probably never be released as long as Wii U VC is a thing) and Crash of the titans/Mind Over Mutant. As well as art/commercials and shit.

Add in trophies and (if at all possible) online play to the kart racers, sell it for $30.

Nice appetizer before the "main course", IMO.
Get rid of CTTR, that game was garbage. What it should have instead is the huge adventures and maybe N-tranced. Also if anyone was to ever bring back a crash racer they need to have the three boost system or Im out.

What!! There's always an obscure hint that fans get crazy for

But this + the other one this week is too much for me

This cant be happening. Oh my

Kinsei

Banned
Maybe that canned Vicarious visions crash will return

vicariouscrash_610a.jpg

At least it's better than the Crash from the two mutant games.

Crash
Crash 2
Crash 3
Crash Team Racing
Twinsanity

I'd say five is a good number. Heck that's more good to great games than most series. I've also heard good things about the first GBA Crash game.

Get rid of CTTR, that game was garbage. What it should have instead is the huge adventures and maybe N-tranced

CTTR isn't even considered canon by the developer that made it, which should speak volumes for the story in it.

Titans and Mind Over Mutant, if you get past the fact they're not PURELY platformers
and the character art changes, if you're that kind of fan
have really good stories (for Crash) that connect well to Crash 1, 2, and 3, especially in the world building -- there are murals and such in Titans that reference Uka Uka's backstory, for instance.

People don't give those as much credit as they deserve as mainline Crash STORIES, gameplay differences aside.

N.Domixis

Banned
CTTR isn't even considered canon by the developer that made it, which should speak volumes for the story in it.

Titans and Mind Over Mutant, if you get past the fact they're not PURELY platformers
and the character art changes, if you're that kind of fan
have really good stories (for Crash) that connect well to Crash 1, 2, and 3, especially in the world building -- there are murals and such in Titans that reference Uka Uka's backstory, for instance.

People don't give those as much credit as they deserve as mainline Crash STORIES, gameplay differences aside.

They are alright games, just not what some crash fans expected.

Unit24

I'm chortling at the people still denying that Crash is coming back when there's a SHITTON of teases.

I mean, do people need to spell it out for them?

Actually, yes. I prefer to reserve my excitement for stuff that's totally confirmed to exist. So I'm not going to get hyped until it's been actually revealed and shown off.

And even then, would the original Crash developers be working on it? And I'm not talking about Naughty Dog as a company, because I have no idea how many people there worked on Crash or even care about it.

Kinsei

Banned
Actually, yes. I prefer to reserve my excitement for stuff that's totally confirmed to exist. So I'm not going to get hyped until it's been actually revealed and shown off.

And even then, would the original Crash developers be working on it? And I'm not talking about Naughty Dog as a company, because I have no idea how many people there worked on Crash or even care about it.

I think that a fair few currently at ND have worked on something Crash related.

farisr

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there really only one or two Crash games that could be considered semi decent...at best?
You're wrong.

Crash 1-3 + CTR (all on PS1) are considered good to excellent (and Crash1-3 often end up in the top 5 games of PS1 lists, not to mention consistently chart in the top PS1 downloads list on PSN). All published by Sony and made by Naughty Dog. These 4 games being regarded as good to excellent is the reason why people specifically want Sony to be handling this if it's being made, and why there won't be much interest if it's a project by Activision.

There have been one or two post Sony games that have been decent, but didn't come close to capturing the feeling of the OT+CTR.

crash bash was bad. it was like they realized that they did amazing with a mario kart clone many consider superior, and fucked it up with the mario party/minigames clone.

Bash was the first game not by ND doe.

And while I do find some enjoyment from Bash I wouldn't call it a good game to be sure.

Top Bottom