• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dr. Neo Cortex voice actor implies Crash Bandicoot return?

BetaM

I fear the worst at E3....

CRASH BANDICOOT IS BACK!!!! A Game by Activision!!
Horrible!
Horrible!
6EAtBan.gif

If Crash returns, I may cry. Many gamers were waiting FF VII remake and Snemue 3 for years and I'm sure they will be great (I want to play them, too), but one of my favorite childhood parts was Crash.

Bring it on.

oggob

Does everyone actually want Crash or has this turned into another Last Guardian thing?

I would take Crash 1-3 ROM dumps for the PS4 in a heartbeat

Any "remastering" on the original stuff would be gravy!

A "remake" similar to what happened with Ratchet & Clank would be amazing, the R&C game looks outstanding and if they did that with the Crash levels... *drools*

pantsmith

Would be ridiculous and wonderful if true. The nightmare can finally be over and Crash can look "normal" again instead of a tattoo'd, Sonic'd abomination.

The only real bummer is that his buddy Spyro got trapped into the Skylanders shindig and will never get the chance to be free in quite the same way. Must feel even worse over at Insomniac knowing its just flat out hopeless ;_;

Does everyone actually want Crash or has this turned into another Last Guardian thing?

Uh, yeah. Crash 2 is still one of the absolute best platformers out there.

Not to fill any fanboys with rage, but the Mario 3D Land + World games feel like the natural result of what a modern Crash game might look like, since they're basically the same style of platforming.

I don't doubt a new Crash game is coming.

But it's 100% about who will be making it. You tell me big red button or the skylanders people are making it and I'll be real bummed

The publisher matters too. If Sony have bought the IP or licensed it out for a long time I'll have a lot more faith than if it's Activision doing it. Sony still make high quality platformers, while Activision do most things which aren't FPSs as cheaply as possible.

The ideal scenario would be someone like Sanzaru developing it under Sony's guidance, perhaps with Naughty Dog or SSM acting in a producer role.

Wagram

Crash without Naughty Dog seems almost worthless to me. Here's hoping they find a studio that truly cares about the IP.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
In Twinsanity, he tended a little closer to Clancy, so some people didn't notice, but as the games went on they told him to "flamboyant it up".

that explains it then

man twinsanity has some of the best writing I've seen

"It's true! Blond girls DO have fun!"

Of course Sony has set the greenlight on a new, AAA-budget Crash game. Look how many copies Knack sold. Look how successful PS4 Ratchet was despite being low-key. There is a big market for these types of games out there. Tbh I don't know why a big platformer hasn't come sooner.

AHA-Lambda

think about it

I know I'm just frustrated, spill the beans! XD

Ps: also looking through the thread, so many people saying what's the point?
Well from my perspective 2 things
1) 3D platformers are like survival horror, space sims or PnC adventure games, they just stopped getting made with no real reason why.. They just stopped, and there is this impression that they're sales poison which is constantly misproven by the success in the indie space who will take the risks big publishers won't.

2) if we've seen nothing else from last e3 and even in the last few years in Hollywood, nostalgia sells really well. I'm confident a new crash game would be huge. The same people who blew their minds over FF7 remake that played the original as a child is very likely to also lose their shit if crash comes back

Apt101

The success of Ratchet and Clank is probably leading to many whimsical properties from the past getting a second look.

MrBadger

Crash without Naughty Dog seems almost worthless to me. Here's hoping they find a studio that truly cares about the IP.

I don't think current Naughty Dog are right at all for the job. They've moved past making cartoonish platformers and there was talk that if they got Crash again, they'd have to make it "deeper" with a story and the like. They nearly created a Jak game that looks like this, after all.

Rymuth

I don't think current Naughty Dog are right at all for the job. They've moved past making cartoonish platformers and there was talk that if they got Crash again, they'd have to make it "deeper" with a story and the like. They nearly created a Jak game that looks like this, after all.
You mean to tell me you wouldn't play a game with Crash looking like this -

Top Bottom