• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dr. Neo Cortex voice actor implies Crash Bandicoot return?

As much as I loved the original ps1 games back in the day, I don't think I could get hyped for a new one if it doesn't involve karts.

Tntnico

Maybe it will be a VR game ?

I see VR be the new playground devs were waiting for rebooting some old IPs.

crash-bandicoot-ps4-listing-1.jpg

I love this one, too bad it's fake.

This looks really good

LuuKyK

I don't think current Naughty Dog are right at all for the job. They've moved past making cartoonish platformers and there was talk that if they got Crash again, they'd have to make it "deeper" with a story and the like. They nearly created a Jak game that looks like this, after all.

There is nothing wrong with that though.

crash-bandicoot-ps4-listing-1.jpg

I love this one, too bad it's fake.

This looks amazing. What a shame. Imo the Crash design could definitely need a reboot and it should definitely go in this direction (which feels like how Rayman went from awful to decent looking too). That ,,realistic" redesign prototype of Jack & Daxter by ND on the other hand... hot damn was it bad.

Scotia

Banned
Hey guys, someone linked me earlier to a post Lex Lang, the last voice of Dr. Neo Cortex put up on Facebook tonight:

lpgQdWd.jpg

Now, full disclosure, I run a Crash Bandicoot fan-twitter and forum, so over the years I've done some interviews with Lex Lang, among other developers and in-game talent.

So this tweet about it got an interesting response:

Tzvrdek.png

So I think that pretty much narrows down the list of "doctors" he could be playing, yeah?

Asked a few mods if this post is okay, and got basically a 'should be', so if it's not, go ahead and throw it out.

It's all coming together. E3 is going to be lit af

HMD

I think a modern Crash could be wonderful if they keep the Crash Warped formula, and have every level be 5 minutes of crazy platforming and just end it at that. No need for innovative new ways to play the game, or a coherent story or whatever, put all your creativity into the platforming and make fun levels and a few boss levels. Guaranteed 9/10 and 2 million+ sales if they do that.

Edit: And I know people are gonna reference that PS2 Crash Warped wannabe, but the levels in that game dragged on for too long and the platforming simply wasn't as fun as Warped.

BetaM

I think a modern Crash could be wonderful if they keep the Crash Warped formula, and have every level be 5 minutes of crazy platforming and just end it at that. No need for innovative new ways to play the game, or a coherent story or whatever, put all your creativity into the platforming and make fun levels and a few boss levels. Guaranteed 9/10 and 2 million+ sales if they do that.

250px-Wrathofcortex_boxart.jpg

It did sell 2 million though.

I really can't fathom how people can say that ND should work on the new Crash game. What a waste of their talent. I think Sanzaru games would be able to make a fantastic Crash game.

HMD

They are Sony's top studio who put out a gem literally every single time they put a game out. Why would they have a dedicated team work on Crash Bandicoot when they could work on a brilliant new IP?

I don't believe platformers are that labour intensive, ND worked on UC3 and TLOU at the same time, I don't think Crash would hinder them that much.

They are Sony's top studio who put out a gem literally every single time they put a game out. Why would they have a dedicated team work on Crash Bandicoot when they could work on a brilliant new IP?

May I point out one of the highest rated games of all time, Super Mario Galaxy, is a platformer. This is Naughty Dog's chance to show us what they're capable of. I would rather they work on Crash than a sequel to The Last of Us.

Twix

Twinsanity is decent.

CTR is legit one of the best games ever made and the best game by Naughty Dog.

Twinsanity is a total abomination to Crash legacy. Absloutely horrible art direction and character design, disastrous gameplay and it also has the worst soundtrack ever put on a video game.

I would agree if you said Wrath of Cortex was decent, but Twinsanity? Fuck no dude.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Why would they even bring Crash back? 3D platformers are dead and buried and there is no big audience for them.

People already talked about the success of Ratchet and Clank, and I would also add the massive success of the Yooka-Laylee Kickstarter as evidence that you're wrong.

HMD

Twinsanity is a total abomination to Crash legacy. Absloutely horrible art direction and character design, disastrous gameplay and it also has the worst soundtrack ever put on a video game.

I would agree if you said Wrath of Cortex was decent, but Twinsanity? Fuck no dude.

If Twinsanity was a non-Crash ip no one would be talking about it today.

Ramenman

I don't doubt a new Crash game is coming.

But it's 100% about who will be making it. You tell me big red button or the skylanders people are making it and I'll be real bummed

It's also 100% about what exactly it will be. There's no way it will be a classic corridor platformer in this day and age.

So it will be some other kind of platformer, and so not really crash.

Could still be a really good game with a nice art direction though.

daveo42

Banned
I forgot, what was Cerny's position during Crash 1? What has he been doing since Knack?

...you feel me?

Cerny should be free, unless people really actually want Knack 2. He as Executive Producer on 1-3 and Bash as well as being listed as a designer on 2, 3 and Bash.

JamesAR15

An Insomniac Crash game could be really fantastic, honestly I really doubt it will be ND. Either way a new Crash game is day fucking one for me.

I am so down for Crash Bandiccoot. I can totally see Sony showing the announcement trailer at their conference. The whole 90s kid culture kids would absolutely buy it as well.

Sir TapTap

I don't want to get hyped. But this looks more real than anything before.

An Insomniac Crash game could be really fantastic, honestly I really doubt it will be ND. Either way a new Crash game is day fucking one for me.

I'd be down for this...though...Insomniac's brilliance shines from their weapons. Their platforming is solid enough but it would be weird to play an Insomniac game without any weird awesome guns.

Wiggy

Cerny should be free, unless people really actually want Knack 2. He as Executive Producer on 1-3 and Bash as well as being listed as a designer on 2, 3 and Bash.

Jason Rubin said Cerny designed most of the levels on Crash 2.

edit: he says it on this episode of Devs Play, interesting watch for any Crash fans that havent seen it.

SNURB

I hope they can bring back Nolan North as N.Gin again.

I mean, Nolan's a Sony favorite so he's bound to be recruited to do the role again.

So there's this...

https://twitter.com/Nerd_Leaks/status/728645763832516608

If Lex Lang is being used, then it's either a new game, or a remake of post-ND games, but the audio is fine on all the Crash games, ESPECIALLY Twinsanity to current, so I can't see them spending the money to rerecord dialogue when it's already there, and totally fine.

So excuse me if I'm just being a bit presumptive, but I don't buy the HD Remake, and especially not "from Activision".

Why spend the money on voice over if you already have it all right there done?

Twinsanity was actually amazing so if y'all could stop shitting on it that'd be great

Great art, music, decent humor, and pretty solid level and mission structure.

Top Bottom