• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drag-on Dragoon 3 (Drakengard 3) announced for PS3 [Details in OP]

duckroll

There's an announcement in Famitsu this week for Drag-on Dragoon 3. It's still an action RPG. No details on developer or publisher yet, or platform. There are two characters revealed, the main character is a girl called Zero, and her younger sister is One. Zero is an Utautai - some sort of person with special powers. She has a flower growing in her right eye. She also has an artificial left arm. Her sister One is another Utautai, but has a completely different characteristic compared to Zero.

Producer: Takamasa Shiba
Creative Director and Scenario: Yoko Taro
Character Design: Kimihiko Fujisaki
Music Director: Keiichi Okabe
Developer: Access Games
Publisher: Square Enix

- Ground combat missions and dragon aerial combat confirmed
- High speed action
- Zero uses a sword

More shit:

Some more info:

The Utautai (Songstress) are people who exhibit the ability to manipulate magic using songs. The main missions in the game take place on the ground, and the power of the power of the player increases when exposed to blood splatter. Sounds like a M rated game like the previous ones.

The game sure sounds like a hard M-rated game. Blood apparently remains on character clothing and skin (ties in with gameplay too I guess), Zero is a liberal minded woman who is open to sexual relations with multiple partners, the visual themes in the game appear to be "erotic" and "bloodstained", etc.

Can't wait to see some scans. :p

Azar

Wow, that's crazy. Was just thinking about the first game yesterday. I've never played it, but one of my friends loves it so much I've thought about it a few times.

StuBurns

Banned
Nier is the best retail game this generation not called The Orange Box.

All our prayers are with you absurdly named video game.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Strange to see no developer / publisher mentioned.
No platform mentioned should mean two things:
1)PS4
2)iOS

FoeHammer

They did confirm that Nier and Drakengard are in the same universe, right?

Any chance the guys that made Nier could be in charge of this? I know they were absorbed into AQ, but hopefully they kept the team somewhat together.

If Yoko Taro isn't there, then there won't be any of the endlessly depressing insanity of Drakengard 1 or Nier. It'll be like Drakengard 2. :\

Pikma

Banned
tumblr_mbpaxpDqDx1r6aoq4o1_500.gif

!!!!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Didn't Nier also sell kinda well considering that it looked like pretty low budget game. In japan at leats it had pretty nice legs.

No Wada explicitly called out the sales as bad in a different interview, but it could be someone else who finds that sales level fine.

Top Bottom