• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age 2 - first screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Hawke's face looks pretty good, but that second shot reminds me of those physics tech demos from the late 90's.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It will look gorgeous in game, I would assume. You can't zoom in this much ingame.

EDIT: Wait a second, for SOME reason I thought this was Dungeon Siege III... n/m -_-

V_Ben

Banned
I think its looking good. The art style looks more stylized. Looks like that ground texture is missing a pass :lol

edit: jesus. those comparisons made me put my glasses on :lol

~Kinggi~

Banned
What the fuck is this shit, i dont even.

Witcher 2 is gonna pummel the living fuck out of this
when it comes to visuals

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
spock-wtf.gif

Console versions? :lol

Ashkeloth

Coming soon on Nintendo 64?

Kidding. These are probably alpha or pre-alpha screens and should be considered as much. Also, if the game has as much content as the original, you can see why they would need to tone down the graphics a bit.

Of course, if this game is going to pull a Mass Effect 2 and get all railroad on us, I hope for much better graphics by the time of release.

Zenith

Banned
DA2firstscreens02.jpg

I know it's just because the armour is made of flat panels but all those pointy triangles making up the legs and arms made me think it was Die by the Sword.

Fularu

Banned
firehawk12 said:
I can't tell - is the breast plate clipping through the arm in the first screen shot?
No, looks like ripped mail+ripped shirt. Complete mail on the other side. The following screenshot shows the exact same thing

Gravijah

Ashkeloth said:
Coming soon on Nintendo 64?

Kidding. These are probably alpha or pre-alpha screens and should be considered as much. Also, if the game has as much content as the original, you can see why they would need to tone down the graphics a bit.

Of course, if this game is going to pull a Mass Effect 2 and get all railroad on us, I hope for much better graphics by the time of release.

You can say you're kidding, but I still want to punch you.

Combine

Banned
I really don't like the look of the main character at all. (to be fair, not a fan of the Dragon Age style and setting at all either)

Garret (The Witcher) looks so much more badass in either of his games

Foxix Von

I thought the first one was ugly... Well at least there is more of an artsy twist look to it? Who am I kidding it looks like shit =/

You know what? This thread needs some wallguy.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
The Hawke character looks okay, but the rest is downright nasty.

This shit is lame.

Pooya

Looks same as the original PC version to me, textures are same quality at least, Lighting is somehow bland and bad overall IMO,

Alex

Why even release these empty, early shots?

Thankfully at least folks will be smart enough to realize the final version will obviously look a lot better, as this looks worse than the original by a gigantic clip at the moment.

*reads thread*

Well, maybe they won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom