• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age 4 at The Game Award

dottme

I’m interested to see what will happen. Especially just after they announced:

Fbh

Well, at least the added context will sort of make the usual trailer of devs talking about how amazing the game will be to concept art and "in engine" scenery shots somewhat funny.

RD4GXS0.jpg

"Please be excited"

Andodalf

Banned
Maybe they're much closer than previously thought? That would make departures make more sense. Doubt it tho.

SantaC

Geoff Kneightly is the worst bullshitter and overhyper in the industry. What happend to his amazing summer of games show? Not a single great announcement in 4 months.

Hudo

Will this be another company commercial video like the videos at the last couple of EA E3 conferences?

Eh.... I'm still game to see what they've got. Origins was such a good foundation for the series and they've never really built off of that. The lore and world has some neat aspects and characters but BioWare seems like such a mess nowadays I have no idea what to expect from this.

ebevan91

Eh.... I'm still game to see what they've got. Origins was such a good foundation for the series and they've never really built off of that. The lore and world has some neat aspects and characters but BioWare seems like such a mess nowadays I have no idea what to expect from this.
After the Mass Effect Trilogy remaster they should remaster Origins.

After the Mass Effect Trilogy remaster they should remaster Origins.
Hmmm... on one hand it would be nice to see with Origins with a new coat of paint but I don't know how much they'd mess up everything else with Origins. It still holds up fine on PC with mods and so forth. I guess I'd be curious to see how they handle the ME1 remaster since age wise thats most similar to Origins- do they do much beyond technical upgrades like higher res textures or do they actually start messing with UI / inventory/ gameplay elements?

Hudo

It couldn’t be any worse than inquisition.
Well, there are rumors which describe the game as a bonafide full-on Games-As-A-Service game, with some multiplayer component and whatnot. But those rumors were new when Anthem wasn't released. But I am not optimistic as well. I found DA:I to be the worst game in the franchise so far.

I’m truly not sure what to expect after all this time. If it’s truly a full on, GAAS type games then I’ll pass.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Should I play Inquisition? I loved DA:Origins
I played it on release and I remember liking the graphics, combat and exploration.

Story I felt it could be better but wasn't bad either. Sidemissions where too MMO tho, they felt like cheap padding.

I was happy with the game to the point I would probably might have finished it, but lost my progress because the lights went out in my home at the same time the game was saving. 80 hours of adventure went to fuckland.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I played it on release and I remember liking the graphics, combat and exploration.

Story I felt it could be better but wasn't bad either. Sidemissions where too MMO tho, they felt like cheap padding.

I was happy with the game to the point I would probably might have finished it, but lost my progress because the lights went out in my home at the same time the game was saving. 80 hours of adventure went to fuckland.

rough way to lose a save. Sorry you had that happen.

levyjl1988

Banned
Not interested in concept art or teaser videos.
Remember Andromeda and people were excited.

And then when it launched it was horrible.
It's hard for me to believe in hype again, fool me once.

nowhat

Should I play Inquisition? I loved DA:Origins
I'm very much a DA fan, so take this with as much salt as you'd like. There are events in DA2 that are relevant to the game. There are events in a DLC of DA2 (which I didn't play, and found quite confusing at first) that are very relevant to the game. But basically, the whole conflict between the mages and the templars has completely blown up. You have to make some sense into it, while fighting $VILLAIN. If you decide to give the game a go, just remember one thing: get the fuck out of Hinterlands. It's like your opening area after clearing the tutorial. There are several places in there where you are not supposed to go until much later. When you have enough "power", progress the main story. You can always come back.

(Also, if you're the kind that likes to clear every map marker out there, you will have a miserable time. Most of the side content is utterly forgettable and tedious. Unless you're a completionist, just gather enough power to progress the main story. There are some areas that you don't need to unlock, but which have awesome dragon fights or just interesting content - save that for the endgame.)

(Also, I don't usually recommend DLC, but Trespasser is pretty much a must. It tells the ending of the story, and sets up things for the next game. At least tries to, I don't know what's going on in BioWare.)

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
DA:I is a really good game, but definitely shows it's age and cross gen nature.

Also if you try and 100% every area as soon as you get there you will hate the game, that's not how it'd meant to be played

dottme

It must be painful to be that much of a simp for a series that has had to date, one good entry.
Dragon Age Inquisition was really enjoyable.
but yes, knowing if the marketing is going to use a male or female character isn’t really my first question. I’m more wondering if they will even show some gameplay.

Top Bottom