• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age announcement teased for December

Fbh

latest

BioWare will make an announcement regarding the Dragon Age franchise in the coming month, according to studio general manager Casey Hudson.

In the BioWare November update post, Hudson said, “If you’ve been following these blogs, or myself and Mark Darrah on Twitter, you know we’re also working on some secret Dragon Age stuff. Dragon Age is an incredibly important franchise in our studio, and we’re excited to continue its legacy. Look for more on this in the coming month (though I won’t tell you where to look…)”

With the Game Awards 2018 set to air on December 6, it is possible a new Dragon Age title will be announced at the event.

Source: Gematsu

So with everyone and their grandma at Bioware working on Anthem what do you expect? DA 1 and 2 remaster? DA 1/2 Switch ports? Mobile game?

Stuart360

Dragon Age Battle Royale, or some dumb shit like that.Then Bioware will come out again and say how great it is to develop a game and not have to worry about puttung an evil story into it.

Zewp

I don't know what it's going to be, but I already know my answer's going to be "no thanks".

EA should leave dead franchises well enough alone.

TheUsual

Gold Member
Swear they did a fan poll asking about a tactics style Dragon Age.
Maybe a small project in that style of gameplay.

Kreydo

Can they do worse than Dragon Age Inquisition?.... Sure Andromeda was, but it was a new studio so let's say i doesn't count.

-Can we expect another dull world full of fetch quest from some cheap MMORPG?
-More "DO WHAT I SAY" main quest? yeah in Inquisition you are the ''leader'', you are the choosen one!!!..... But in the end you are the pet of some major NPC who order task.
-Can we expect more mashing action combat with 0 strategy or class synergy?
-Can we expect 75% of LGBT companions? What you don't want to roleplay an homosexual? You racist and uneducated! (??)

There is no hope in that licence, Bioware is just dead... For a good Heroic Fantasy RPG i'm looking forward next Larian Studio game.

Since after Divinity : Original sin II, everything feel a bit low tier.

While I'm here....A very vey good documentary and how Larian almost been killed by Publisher's twice.

Last edited:

CatCouch

Very cautiously optimistic.

I hope we can see info on a new game. I will be happy if they can show they won't make the characters unappealing. I want to see a nice range of romance options! Give me LGBT romance but please make at least some of the characters attractive!

I'll still be somewhat happy if it's just a DA:O remaster or compilation with DA2.

I'll lose the last tiny shred of faith I have for anything connected to EA if it's a mobile game or some multi-player, microtransaction filled offshoot.

Dunki

I kind of bet its a mobile game. They were asking people if they wanted to play a dragon age tactics game on twitter. And given how tone deaf Bioware has become I bet they have not learned ANYTHING from Andromeda and Diablo Immortal^^

johntown

Banned
Please no. You maimed the IP enough. It's time to stop, bioware.

It won't.
My confidence is not real high but I will at least wait to see. If they actually go away from the style of Inquisition (doubtful) and back to Origins it has potential to be good.

Inquisition was okay IMO and 200% better than Dragon Age 2.......maybe I only liked it because DA2 was so horrible I forgot what a good game was supposed to be?

Fuz

Banned
maybe I only liked it because DA2 was so horrible I forgot what a good game was supposed to be?
This is actually very possible. da2 was a complete shitshow, especially for people (=me) who loved DA:O.
It's not by chance that's commonly referred as "shit mountain".

Last edited:

ref

Let's be real, there's no way this will be anything like DA:O.

Doesn't matter even if it was, more importantly, the writing in all BioWare games has gone down such a massive hill quality wise it wouldn't even matter.

Dunki

My confidence is not real high but I will at least wait to see. If they actually go away from the style of Inquisition (doubtful) and back to Origins it has potential to be good.

Inquisition was okay IMO and 200% better than Dragon Age 2.......maybe I only liked it because DA2 was so horrible I forgot what a good game was supposed to be?
The problem with Inqusition was that it came after The Witcher 3 and it made their quest design alone look like a SP MMO. I remember being so excited seing the first gameplay parts but man this game was really bad after playing Wticher 3.
I honestly doubt that they even have people there left who are capable of creating even a decent RPG anymore.

Bring it back to Dragon Age Origins. A focus on tactics and great storytelling without filler quests that Inquisition is known for.

I have learned to approach anything EA nowadays with a healthy dose of caution/skepticism. Loved the DAO though.
Unfortunately BioWare as well. ME3 was really when people started to sour on them and that was in what, 2012? I still think they made a good game with ME3 but everything since hasn't done it for me, DA:I included.

dottme

From someone who did like Dragon Age Inquisition. I want to see this.
But more importantly, it is good to see that BioWare is finally communicating on something else than Anthem. \o/

TallPike

Banned
Man I’d love something more like Dragon Age Origins. Still my favorite one. I’d even gladly pay for an HD remaster.

Ovek

7Member7
I liked all the previous Dragon Age games and yes that includes “shit mountain” DA2. BioWare and Witcher games are the only games my girlfriend will sit down and “play” with me. She got bored of Andromeda fast and stopped watching but a new DA might grab her interest.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Somebody at EA just realized they need to publish something other than the annual fall sports games and Battlefield.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I liked all the previous Dragon Age games and yes that includes “shit mountain” DA2.

I'm finally going to climb shit mountain this winter since DA2 will be a Dec. Games With Gold release.

I put 60 hours into DA1 before my save file got erased. Enjoyed it a lot.

Stuart360

I actually liked DA2 the best, sorry guys. It just felt like a fantasy version of Mass Effect, and thats why i liked it.

Shifty

"Hello and thank you all for attending our press conference. Dragon Age is over. We are done. Thank you and goodnight!"

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
This can't be more than a remaster at this point, unless they are announcing something a ways off.

Doom85

As someone who did enjoy DA: I, I hope it's a sequel, the final DLC had a major sequel hook that I would like to see resolved.

Fbh

The problem with Inqusition was that it came after The Witcher 3 and it made their quest design alone look like a SP MMO. I remember being so excited seing the first gameplay parts but man this game was really bad after playing Wticher 3.
I honestly doubt that they even have people there left who are capable of creating even a decent RPG anymore.
You might have played it after but Inquisition came out 6 months before The Witcher 3

Gander

Banned
I don't know why people are dissing Dragon Age: Inquisition. It is a masterwork compared to most open world games. I think there is a lot of I haven't even played it syndrome going around.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
I was LTTP for DA:O and skipped DA2.....Inquisition however was my jam! I just really enjoyed exploring all the areas...it was a fun time picking up boat loads of herbs.

Gander

Banned
I was LTTP for DA:O and skipped DA2.....Inquisition however was my jam! I just really enjoyed exploring all the areas...it was a fun time picking up boat loads of herbs.

Me personally I'd say it's the best game this generation but most people like the Witcher 3 more

it better not be a mobile game

It's going to be another "mmo-lite" online mp game like Fallout 76 except with classes and stuff.

It's a bit more fleshed out though since it will have NPC's and actual dungeons that borrow from the 5 man-dungeon concept from MMO's like WoW and Everquest.

yoyo67

I'll buy it if it's not a buggy mess like andromeda. I personally enjoyed all the games, so I will wait for reviews to see if its playable like a normal game. I don't trust reviews for anything else, sans darksiders 3 which imo is a great game.

Fbh

Glad to see some Inquisition love in here. The game gets a lot of hate but I found it quite enjoyable.

The side content and combat could have been better but I still had a great time with it. I actually prefer the concept of having multiple big open areas with different styles instead of just one giant open map

Dada55000

Considering the next DA project got canned and rebooted not long ago, it's not likely to be anything more than an announcement for a game that could maybe come out in 2021. If it's an announcement of a new game.

Of course, there's always a chance of something a lot more tone deaf.

xwez

Banned
Considering the fact they abandoned Jade Empire, Star Wars, etc. (who cares what the reasons were) what else are they going to release. By process of elimination after anthem (if there is life after anthem for bioware), it would have to be either Mass Effect, Dragon Age, or... yeah that's it. Since they shat the bed with Mass Effect, that only leaves Dragon Age.

Last edited:

Pallas

Hey I actually liked all three of the DA games but please, no mobile. You guys already have a mobile game anyways in Heroes of Dragon Age

35lvk1t.jpg

Not saying it wasn't grind-y or subpar in quite a few ways, but despite that the biased-to-snow and biased-to-Suikoden-esque player bases player in me still really enjoyed DA INQ. And I thought it set up the next story well with how it hinted at more of a Tevinter Imperium setting next and oooo is there political soap opera potential there haha.

And the final Trespasser set up an awesome possible paradigm power struggle of the The Divine, The Inquisitor, and the Dread Wolf haha.

My Inquisitor romanced The Divine and kept a secret romance while he turned the Inquisition into a large paramilitary force serving the Divine -- rather than the small cadre to avoid Dread Wolf spies.

Felt that set up so much potential for political drama over bias between those first two and espionage between the latter two.

Last edited:
Top Bottom