• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Digital Deluxe is $44.99 on Mexican Origin

yatesl

Anyone who's been around for Battlefield 4, Need For Speed: Rivals, and Titanfall knows the score by now. Dragon Age: Inquisition DD is on the Mexican store (£27.51 for us Brits).

Step 1. Download Hola Unblocker for Google Chrome, and choose a Mexican proxy.

Step 2. With the proxy active, go to the Dragon Age page, and add to basket. Go to your basket, and proceed to checkout.

Step 3. Once here, turn off Hola, so you're back to the US/UK version (change your language to English at the bottom if you want). Sign in, and the game will still be in your basket at the reduced price.

Step 4. Checkout with PayPal.

Origin offer their Great Game Guarantee, so if it turns out to be another Dragon Age 2, then you can get a refund.

6 month later edit: There might be some issues paying by PayPal now, but some people have apparently got it to work with credit card

Edit 2: Time until it unlocks in Hong Kong

t1416236400z0.png

Use a VPN like explained here to unlock it.

mmitt

Thanks for the tip :)

didn't get an error on the website, but I got no e-mail from paypal.
In my origin order history, the status is 'failed'.
Don't know what would cause that, used paypal a few times on origin already

yatesl

When I click the link it opens my own country Origin (spanish). ;_;
That's why you need to use Hola Unblocker, or a VPN.

didn't get an error on the website, but I got no e-mail from paypal.
In my origin order history, the status is 'failed'.
Don't know what would cause that, used paypal a few times on origin already
Hmm... Not sure, it went through fine for me.

Ploid 3.0

I want the game very much but I'm waiting for the inevitable $40 PC price after one week on Amazon. Or a Super Dragon Age pack on amazon for $50 which will give me DA II dlc since I got all of DA1 dlc/expansion + DA2 with that emporium for $7.

Wag

Anyone jump on this deal for $45 for the digital deluxe package or think it will be cheaper closer to release date?

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Anyone jump on this deal for $45 for the digital deluxe package or think it will be cheaper closer to release date?

I'd be highly surprised if you found anything as cheap around launch. This is $25 bucks cheaper, even if GMG had a 25% off that worked it will still cost you 52 bucks plus tax. this is over 35% off.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
I want the game very much but I'm waiting for the inevitable $40 PC price after one week on Amazon. Or a Super Dragon Age pack on amazon for $50 which will give me DA II dlc since I got all of DA1 dlc/expansion + DA2 with that emporium for $7.
Standard edition is 60$ and this is deluxe. Also not sure from where you are referring to that inevitable 40$ on Amazon. This game's price ain't dropping easily.

Nokterian

Did the same thing for NFS Rivals bought it from Origin Poland for 1 euro. Hola Unblocker is a must you can download it for firefox also.

Sendero

Are you supposed to change country back to US? I don't want to get stuck with a game on mexican origin or something.
Step 3. Once here, turn off Hola, so you're back to the US/UK version (change your language to English at the bottom if you want). Sign in, and the game will still be in your basket at the reduced price.

I take from OP, that this has been a recurring practice for some time now.

I was just about to buy it with this deal and I noticed that it releases on the 17th. Think it would be possible to unlock it early with a VPN?

4cEDdZn.jpg

Ploid 3.0

I don't know what I was thinking when I posted this. Getting the game day 1. Especially since not much new other than Drive Club has interested me, and nothing after until well into 2015 most likely. I don't even think I'll try messing with that Mexico Origin thing. I don't want to get burned trying to save a few bucks.

Momentary

Banned
I was just about to buy it with this deal and I noticed that it releases on the 17th. Think it would be possible to unlock it early with a VPN?

4cEDdZn.jpg

Isn't the 18th the release date for this game across all platforms? Or are you saying would we be able to use the Mexican street date instead?

Isn't the 18th the release date for this game across all platforms?

Apparently not in Mexico. Just checked after another person suggested checking the South Korean and New Zealand release dates, and they both don't release as early as Mexico apparently does.

Hoping this'll get me the game a day early.

Edit: Just to clarify, hoping I can use a Mexican VPN to get it to unlock early.

Zukuu

Banned
When I switch back after adding the mexican version to my basket, it presents me with an empty cart. =/
Can I check out with a non-mexican paypal and play it on my non-mexican origin?

guit3457

I will unlock the game using a VPN on 18th. At what time do they usd to release the U S versión of the games in Origin?

Anarkin

When I switch back after adding the mexican version to my basket, it presents me with an empty cart. =/
Can I check out with a non-mexican paypal and play it on my non-mexican origin?

You have to switch back or disable Hola after you sign in.

Sanjeev

Neo Member
so i did all this and got to the point where i enter my details which i entered as an australian address as i didnt have a mexican one handy and then logged in and paid by paypal

now the order said its failed inside my origin order history

What's a good VPN to use so I can unlock on Monday/Tuesday?
Also, I did it like it said in the OP and worked fine. I actually went to the UK Hola rather than turn it off because I had an issue with the store page loading when I turned off Hola. Also I had to turn off my Kaspersky who doesn't like Hola very much!

Edit; I found FlyVPN and they seem to work fine.

Top Bottom