• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Origins: Awakenings: Trailers

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
LOL @ the Children trailer....nasty little fuckers.
I'm still not sure about this. I definitely want more Dragon Age and I love the idea of a BIG expansion, but $40 dollars? Yeesh, that's a lot to spend on a quest that sounds like it'll only be half the length of the main game. $20 sound about right to me but if I'm wrong and Awakenings has enough content to justify the price I'll probably still get it.

golem

Snuggler said:
LOL @ the Children trailer....nasty little fuckers.
I'm still not sure about this. I definitely want more Dragon Age and I love the idea of a BIG expansion, but $40 dollars? Yeesh, that's a lot to spend on a quest that sounds like it'll only be half the length of the main game. $20 sound about right to me but if I'm wrong and Awakenings has enough content to justify the price I'll probably still get it.
Yeah $40 seems a tad outrageous. I have an Amazon $10 around here somewhere, but the expansion better be pretty epic.

Gattsu25

Banned
Debut trailer looks nice
Children trailer looks gross in an awesome way :lol
Queen trailer gets me pumped
Alistair trailer needs a bit more exposition

Hell yes I'm buying this

Ashodin

I'm a Dragon Age freak. I'm totally getting it for 360!

As soon as I heard expansion, I was like SIGN ME UPS.

kamspy

Might as well forward my banking info to Bioware too now.

(my paycheck is already directly deposited to Steam and D2D)

dekjo

cabot said:
can't.

fucking.

wait.

I can. Will wait for a price drop, but I'm sure I'll jump in on this eventually. There'll be plenty of other things to play til it's cheaper.

Will this be a retail disc or a dl code in a box? Will I dl the stuff to the main game or can I play this on it's own without the DA disc?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
dekjo said:
I can. Will wait for a price drop, but I'm sure I'll jump in on this eventually. There'll be plenty of other things to play til it's cheaper.

Basically this.

Ceebs

I don't see the big deal with the price on this one. Would I prefer it to be cheaper? Sure, but a 15-20 hour game was about the length of a playthrough of Mass Effect 2 for me so I have no qualms forking over more cash for an expansion of a game I enjoyed. Better value than the DLC for the game has been thus far.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
oh crap I dont think I kept the electricity resistance gear on any of my playthroughs :lol

Ceebs said:
I don't see the big deal with the price on this one. Would I prefer it to be cheaper? Sure, but a 15-20 hour game was about the length of a playthrough of Mass Effect 2 for me so I have no qualms forking over more cash for an expansion of a game I enjoyed. Better value than the DLC for the game has been thus far.

Agree 100%. Would I love it to be cheaper? Of course. If it hits the 15 - 20 hour mark as advertised then its more than worth it imo.

Ashodin

Sir Garbageman said:
Agree 100%. Would I love it to be cheaper? Of course. If it hits the 15 - 20 hour mark as advertised then its more than worth it imo.
Agreed. The length is pretty much the kicker here, and if they include some decent loot. Of course, the level cap will be raised too, so rock on!

Can't wait to see more abilities/spells.

ronito

Dragon Age: Origins: Awakenings:Ronito's impression: Excited: But will wait for price drop:$40 for an expansion is a bit much: especially given that I've got a backlog: It's actually rather big.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
If you are pissed at the price (I am) just wait for the Steam Holiday Sale. Unless of course you gotta play it or something.

koji

Buying it but I'm in no hurry, chances are I haven't finished ME2 before this launches.

I'm still waiting for a new patch for the PC version, wth archery fix?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
TheExodu5 said:
Are people complaining about price/length forgetting older PC expansions? This is going to be nearly full length.
Full length? Then why do we keep hearing 15-20 hours? Because I remember paying $10 more for the actual Dragon Age game and having an experience three times that length.

Truant

Never finished DA:O, even though I was super hyped for it. It just got so boring near the end. I think I'm at the landsmeet.

Anyway, this expansion seems to have a tighter story. Whatever Dragon Age was, it was some lord of the rings bullshit.

Ashodin

Truant said:
Never finished DA:O, even though I was super hyped for it. It just got so boring near the end. I think I'm at the landsmeet.

Anyway, this expansion seems to have a tighter story. Whatever Dragon Age was, it was some lord of the rings bullshit.

The landsmeet is near the end dude, then comes the badass final battle!

Just so you guys know playing the flash game Dragon Age: Journeys gives you some insight on the "darkspawn who talks" that's in Awakening.

yencid

Dance In My Blood said:
Full length? Then why do we keep hearing 15-20 hours? Because I remember paying $10 more for the actual Dragon Age game and having an experience three times that length.

How long is a god of war? How long was darksiders? bayonetta? now at what price do those sell?

and 10 dollars more? you payed 50 for DA?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Maxrpg said:
The landsmeet is near the end dude, then comes the badass final battle!

Just so you guys know playing the flash game Dragon Age: Journeys gives you some insight on the "darkspawn who talks" that's in Awakening.

Final battle is laaaaaaaaaame. Its a bunch of really boring (and easy) fighting and then a piss easy final boss fight.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
yencid said:
How long is a god of war? How long was darksiders? bayonetta? now at what price do those sell?

and 10 dollars more? you payed 50 for DA?

I remember 30 dollar expansions. I got stuff like the NWN2 expansions for 30 bucks near release.

DA is 50 on PC. More like console players have to pay more for less features...which sucks.

Top Bottom