• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age Spell combos: grease + fireball = grease fire. TOOLSET confirmed.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ventrue said:
I haven't heard of this?

EDIT: Oh, I remember. That was pretty good.

Yep. It was much better than the "MUAHAHAHA I'M EVIL" ending or the "Save the Galaxy" ending. I still don't why they decided to take that out of the game though. I wish someone would ask them that.

Ventrue

firehawk12 said:
Yep. It was much better than the "MUAHAHAHA I'M EVIL" ending or the "Save the Galaxy" ending. I still don't why they decided to take that out of the game though. I wish someone would ask them that.

Baldur's Gate II: Being applauded at a ceremony by the forces of good.
KOTOR: Being applauded at a ceremony by the forces of good on a platform OR taking over the galaxy.
Jade Empire: Being applauded on a platform OR taking over the empire.
Mass Effect: Being congratulated by the forces of good OR taking over the galaxy.

Let's hope this pattern does not continue.

Sullen

Ventrue said:

Hm.. you cant really just take the BG2 ending by itself. You have to include throne of bhaal, since that is the actual conclusion to the story. In which case the ending(s) are infinitely cooler than 'being applauded at a ceremony'.

Ventrue

Sullen said:
Hm.. you cant really just take the BG2 ending by itself. You have to include throne of bhaal, since that is the actual conclusion to the story. In which case the ending(s) are infinitely cooler than 'being applauded at a ceremony'.

I know. All I'm saying is that Bioware has a predisposition for platforms, clapping and ceremonies.

Cdammen

I wish that BioWare would make a D&D (4th) rule game again. Something in the Forgotten Realms or Eberron campaign setting... the D20 system rocks.

(EDIT) I miss Drizzt Do'Urden and Elminster. The continent of Faerûn has so much lore, history and places to adventure in it's a shame it isn't BioWare's top priority.

But I'm still intrigued by the Dragon Age world. The one in Mass Effect was detailed and vast so they could pull it off once more and make a believable setting.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Cant wait for this, hopefully we get some kind of indication as to which direction Bioware have taken the game, it's been so long since NWN (or BG2 if you want to get more excited), it'll be interesting to see where it sits on a BG -> KOTOR -> ME scale of Bioware philosophy.

apujanata

Please, be a good game, and I will spent my money on you (as long as your H/W requirement is NOT above Neverwinter Night 2).

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Durante said:
Awesome. I'm currently replaying Baldur's Gate 1 (with tons of mods, in the BG2 engine, at widescreen 1280*800) -- I played Mass Effect a while before that and it's a bit sad to see how, while there have been massive advances in some areas, there have been at least as many steps backwards in others. If they can recapture just a bit of that magic the best IE games offered then I'll be all over Dragon Age.

Please enlighten me on this mod for Baldurs gate 1 I recently tried to play it on a 1900x1200 screen and it was unplayable at the default resultion pixels were AWFUL and the text almost un-readable..

Want to get excited but I don't know if they can... if the game completely changes on which past you pick for your character I'm sold (I mean the world and major events are the same but you'll be doing different things during them) If it's just a few lines like in every other BW game I'm guessing it will be a disappointment.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Posts removed. Next time don't get caught up with the person instigating the speculative console port talk. Ignore it.

Minsc

Gold Member
2 days it says, and the time for hiding is over! Plenty of outdoors and sunlight for everyone!

Haunted

Damn, E3 is going to be awesome for PC gamers.

Crysis Warhead, Stalker: Clear Skies, Dragon Age, Demigod, Spore, Alan Wake... and that's just the tip of the iceberg. :D

EviLore said:
Posts removed. Next time don't get caught up with the person instigating the speculative console port talk. Ignore it.
:eek: eradicated from existence = highest possible punishmnent.

Sanjay

Cdammen said:
I wish that BioWare would make a D&D (4th) rule game again. Something in the Forgotten Realms or Eberron campaign setting... the D20 system rocks.

I wish not, I really find the D&D battle system hard to get to grips with. I am currently playing BG2 and i’m playing on easiest mode and still get mystified with all the spells and items which is better and what does what.

Like right now I cant even figure out how to revive fallen party members. They expect you to know the lore of D&D universe before hand.

I hope to god Dragon Age dont use D&D battle system.

Desi

Sanjay said:
Like right now I cant even figure out how to revive fallen party members. They expect you to know the lore of D&D universe before hand.
I thought that was the point? Which is why it uses characters, items, laws from the Universe.

Kinan

Can't wait! I love that they are developing completely new world for it. I'm saturated with old horses like Forgotten realms and star wars universe.

Creating a new setting takes a lot of time, but you have no limits whatsoever, I'm expecting great things from DA. Do not let me down, Bioware!

Minsc

Gold Member
Sanjay said:
I wish not, I really find the D&D battle system hard to get to grips with. I am currently playing BG2 and i’m playing on easiest mode and still get mystified with all the spells and items which is better and what does what.

I hope to god Dragon Age dont use D&D battle system.

And for people who have held one of these before, along with all those other books you see down there, the system is second nature with no learning curve required. Which is great for immersion, and adds a bit of fun to the game, already understanding all the lore of the game. I guess it works both ways. :)

clutha

Neo Member
Justin said:
Is this the game they have been hinting at since they finished BG2? If so, its about time.

One and the same. This is pushing my patience even from BW... they got a lot of credit from me on the BG and follow-ups.

SRG01

Ventrue said:
KOTOR: Being applauded at a ceremony by the forces of good on a platform OR taking over the galaxy.
Jade Empire: Being applauded on a platform OR taking over the empire.
Mass Effect: Being congratulated by the forces of good OR taking over the galaxy.

Let's hope this pattern does not continue.

Y'know, I didn't really notice this until now. :lol

HK-47 said:
They have a severe problem with polish...its a PC dev thing

I don't think it's a PC dev thing per se, but more of a Bioware specific thing. They have a very well earned repuatation in development circles as being a company that has long and brutal crunch cycles when developing their games. This sort of development process isn't super-keen on producing an extremely polished product (though they are usually pretty solid, at least on the PC where I played the games).

As for Dragon Age-It's been almost seven years now since now since Bioware released a PC exclusive game. I've played the other games and found them somewhat wanting in areas-good games, but specifically they've fallen up short when it comes to combat mechanics, character/party customization, and interesting itemization, all key factors in why I loved their old Infinity Engine games so much in the first place. I've felt that they have also lost a lot of nuance in their dialogue in the move to full voice acting, and hope that they'll not VA everything in Dragon Age and let me read more.

Really I wish Bioware would release three screenshots-one of their skill system, one of the stats page, and one showing off the unique and interesting loot in the game. That would be awesome.

Ventrue

Fragamemnon said:
As for Dragon Age-It's been almost seven years now since now since Bioware released a PC exclusive game.

They released Neverwinter Nights.

Anyway, I've thought about this. I think that making a Shadows of Amn like product would be pretty much impossible these days; here's hoping for a Throne of Bhaal at least?

Quazar

So with Bioware being with EA now, do you guys think Bioware will get more time to polish games now? Or do you think EA will split Bioware into so many teams any extra resources coming from EA would be null?

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
Ventrue said:
Anyway, I've thought about this. I think that making a Shadows of Amn like product would be pretty much impossible these days; here's hoping for a Throne of Bhaal at least?
I've decided that I don't need BG2-level quantity, as long as there's BG2-level quality.

Unison

Post BG2, BioWare has made underwhelming game after underwhelming game, yet I can't wait to see what they do next. :D

Hoping for the best....

Top Bottom