• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

JackelZXA

Nottle

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned here or by devs or if this has been done in other DBZ games, but since it's a 3 v 3 fighter that makes it possible of the player to have pick the characters they want to fuse.

So let's say you want Vegito, you need to have Goku and Vegeta alive and on your team. Just a thought. Could make for an interesting meta, you pop that with two characters with low health, then you get a more powerful character for a potential comeback.

Forkball

Here's my 24 man roster. A mix of what I think could happen and what I want.

Goku
Teen Gohan
Vegeta
Freiza
Cell
Majin Buu
Trunks
Master Roshi
Android 18
Krillin
Beerus
Yajirobe
Arale
Another Goku
Probably another Gohan
Captain Ginyu
Piccolo
Zamasu
Supreme Kai
Omega Shenron
Broly
Kid Buu
Some fused character (Gotenks? Vegito? Someone from that 3DS game?)
A third Goku

I'm not following Super, but I'm sure they will get some more representation. I hope they have a few oddball picks.

Here's my 24 man roster. A mix of what I think could happen and what I want.

Goku
Teen Gohan
Vegeta
Freiza
Cell
Majin Buu
Trunks
Master Roshi
Android 18
Krillin
Beerus
Yajirobe
Arale
Another Goku
Probably another Gohan
Captain Ginyu
Piccolo
Zamasu
Supreme Kai
Omega Shenron
Broly
Kid Buu
Some fused character (Gotenks? Vegito? Someone from that 3DS game?)
A third Goku

I'm not following Super, but I'm sure they will get some more representation. I hope they have a few oddball picks.

Can you imagine if every Street fighter had 3 Ryu's, 2 Kens and 2 versions of Chun Li on the roster... guaranteed at launch? Not too mention 2 versions of Ryu fused with ken.

Can you imagine if every Street fighter had 3 Ryu's, 2 Kens and 2 versions of Chun Li on the roster... guaranteed at launch? Not too mention 2 versions of Ryu fused with ken.
This lol, I don't get why people want variations on the same character so much. There's only so much unique stuff you can give them.
I assume PS4, isn't that what they are using on Tekken and GG?
The only major fighting game that doesn't have the PS4 version featured at tournaments is Killer Instinct. KoFXIV, SF5, Guilty Gear, Tekken, Inj2. All of them have the PS4 version being used.

I think even UMvC3 has the PS4 version being used in tournaments now (not entirely sure though).

jett

D-Member
Going by each arc, Kaioshin's Planet would be a good stage to represent the Boo arc:

tumblr_o2pkep3n0j1uuj1vto1_r2_500.gif

Or maybe a brighter wastelands with water in the background:

tumblr_n48z8y9wt71tvx2wmo1_500.gif

You know.

Dragon Ball Z has pretty lame scenery, doesn't it.

This lol, I don't get why people want variations on the same character so much. There's only so much unique stuff you can give them.

I know, right? Some of these rosters are total nightmares...

All of this.

jacobeid

Banned
This looks so good I can't contain my excitement.

Game looks amazing regardless of me not having ever watched Dragon Ball despite being in the correct age range for it...not sure why.

Forkball

It's not what I would personally prefer, but I think it has a chance of happening. If it was solely up to me, I'd put in Tao Pai Pai, Puar, and General Blue. DB games are no stranger to having multiple forms of the same character, nor are fighting games in general. I betcha there are two Gokus. I BETCHA.

Though as a side note, I would play an all Goku fighting game.

Goku
Kid Goku
Kid Goku GT
Baby Goku (as in he's an actual baby)
Kaioken Goku
Super Saiyan Goku
Super Saiyan God Goku
Super Saiyan Blue Goku
Great Ape Goku
Goku Black
Dead Goku (with halo)
Xeno Goku
Nekomajin Goku
Goku learning to drive
Shirtless Goku
Radish Farmer Goku
Training with King Kai Goku
Dragon Ball Evolution Goku
Gorilin
Gokule
KFC Goku

The only duplicate character on the roster should be Krillin and Krillin with Hair.

After thinking about it a while now, aside from the core 10 characters I imagine have to be in the game(Goku,Gohan,Vegeta,Future Trunks,Piccolo,Krillin,Android18,Frieza,Cell,Majin Buu), the only character I really hope shows up is Videl.

The only duplicate character on the roster should be Krillin and Krillin with Hair.

After thinking about it a while now, aside from the core 10 characters I imagine have to be in the game(Goku,Gohan,Vegeta,Future Trunks,Piccolo,Krillin,Android18,Frieza,Cell,Majin Buu), the only character I really hope shows up is Videl.

Actually, its Tein. Because Z Tien is a Zoner, while dragonball Tien is most certainly a grappler.
God Tien's move set would be so sick regardless.

Yo, just saw that, maybe it was discussed sooner but didn't see the post(s):

HjMvWQ5.gif

I think it's the first time in a Dragon Ball game that we can blow up that stage, right? Ironically, it's Vegeta in the gif who does that, lol.

HardRojo

HjMvWQ5.gif

I think it's the first time in a Dragon Ball game that we can blow up that stage, right? Ironically, it's Vegeta in the gif who does that, lol.

Vegeta simply following his Majin Vegeta instinct.

HjMvWQ5.gif

Looks incredible. Nice to see my boy Vegeta representing.

Where can I find the video this gif is cut from?

Ixion

The act of killing is still evil, which is why Goku for the most part stopped killing people after his training with Kami.

Yeah, I'm trying to think of an instance where
Goku actually killed someone in DBZ. At first I thought of Recoome, Jeice, and Burter. But then I remembered Goku just knocked them out and Vegeta finished them off when they were downed.

I guess Yakon and Kid Buu would be the only ones? Goku didn't actually kill Frieza after all.

Piers

Goku actually killed someone in DBZ. At first I thought of Recoome, Jeice, and Burter. But then I remembered Goku just knocked them out and Vegeta finished them off when they were downed.

I guess Yakon and Kid Buu would be the only ones? Goku didn't actually kill Frieza after all.

Frieza counts if Ressurection F (movie/anime) is included, though Goku was specifically pushed to, due to letting him destroy Earth.

Only reason Goku didn't kill Vegeta and didn't want to kill Frieza (both times) is because he wanted strong people to fight later. As far as I know, I don't know if he has a thing against killing for moral reasons.

Anth0ny

You know.

Dragon Ball Z has pretty lame scenery, doesn't it.

Yeah, pretty much :p

Some other cool locations I'd like to see as stages:

Janemba's Hell with jellybeans:

9bcd7e024033082cb96f4djsx1.jpg

Uranai Baba's Palace:

hqdefaultbostu.jpg

It's too bad a lot of the fight locations in Dragon Ball are:

-Grassy plain (Namek, Kai planets, Earth)
-Rocky plain (Earth, other planets)
-Tournament (Tenkaichi Budokai, Cell Games, all the other world tournaments)

I'd like to see a stage where it's just a street in the city with a bunch of onlookers. They could throw a bunch of cameos into the background:

d64313d20kls0r.jpg

Instead of it getting real dark and all the onlookers being killed when someone does a level 3... they can just change their facial expressions from ^_^ to O_O. Toriyama-like solution!

Spman2099

Instead of it getting real dark and all the onlookers being killed when someone does a level 3... they can just change their facial expressions from ^_^ to O_O. Toriyama-like solution!

The Toriyama solution would be to forget there was a crowd in the first place...

Reset

They could have a city stage. Future Trunks timeline where everything is pretty much destroyed, so the level 3 won't be killing anyone.

Neoxon

They could have a city stage. Future Trunks timeline where everything is pretty much destroyed, so the level 3 won't be killing anyone.
Which destroyed future city, the one from the Rampage of the Androids or when Goku Black & Zamasu were fucking up Future Trunks' world?

JackelZXA

at one point goku throws buu into a building and it collapses but i dont know if there were any thousands of millions of people killed by that or not. (rewatching buu saga in the kai edit, it's so weird how much fucking killing goes on. Buu headbutting a rollercoaster and 30 people fall to their grizzley deaths off screen....this whole arc felt like toriyama was kind of tired and just having fun making the funny fat man kill everyone on earth. There is almost no regard for keeping people alive and at one point bulma's parents say "We'll stay here, sweetie. If we get killed just wish us back with the dragon whats-its.") If the toriyama of that point of his life had kept making dbz the "# of deaths for every character" list would have been massive. (People tend to survive arcs in db super)

daman824

Give me adult or kid buu and adult/ultimate gohan and I'll buy the game. But give me uub or majuub and I'll buy the game day one.

Top Bottom