• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ DLC character Goku (Ultra Instinct) announced

Mista

Banned
DB-FighterZ-UI-Goku_01-17-20.jpg

Goku (Ultra Instinct) will join Dragon Ball FighterZ as a downloadable content character, the latest issue of V-Jump reveals.

Details will be announced at the Dragon Ball FighterZ World Tour Finals 2019 – 2020, which will run from February 8 to 9 in Paris, France.

Gematsu

Oddspeak

I haven't played DBFZ in like a year. This is the... fifth Goku, right? Not counting Vegito and Gogeta. Can't say I'm surprised though, I think everyone expected UI Goku to make it.

Blond

Banned
Game needs to die already.

I wouldn't say that much...

But they definitely are ruining the image of the game by turning it into a fucking meme game.

-No real "Xrd Revelator" type update, mostly bug fixes
-Characters confined to DLC, despite them releasing 10 versions of blaze blue and GG physically
-Every character being fucking goku

Last edited:

The Snake

There is an insane amount of really awesome characters in the Dragon Ball universe. And the universes inside of that universe. So many fan favorites, so many different fighting styles, so many opportunities to make something new, fresh, and interesting. The story's premise allows any of these characters to go toe-to-toe with each other, so you could literally have Oolong vs. Frieza if you wanted.

Imagine the possibilities. Launch who can sneeze to change her fighting style. Bulma with a bunch of gadgets and trap set ups. Pilaf in a robot. Arale. So many colorful, interesting characters to represent.

But they gave us another Goku.

Nickolaidas

Lame but expected. I imagine will get another Vegeta too. I also wouldnt be shocked at another Goku.

The only way I can see them adding a Vegeta and keeping it interesting is to be Bebi Vegeta - not that I do not have them capable of giving us a lame Vegeta Saiyan God (red hair) as a character.

Sigh … let's hope season 3 will be six characters and Toppo/Roshi/Gero/Dabura will be among them.

kunonabi

The only way I can see them adding a Vegeta and keeping it interesting is to be Bebi Vegeta - not that I do not have them capable of giving us a lame Vegeta Saiyan God (red hair) as a character.

Sigh … let's hope season 3 will be six characters and Toppo/Roshi/Gero/Dabura will be among them.

Main Vegeta would be acceptable but I wouldnt be surprised to see God or Not-Good-Enough-for Ultra Instinct Vegeta make it.

Baby Vegeta would be awesome though.

Last edited:

Paltheos

Is this more or less powerful than the blue haired one (lore wise)?

More. Ultra instinct is a power eschelon outside of the super saiyan hierarchy ('labyrinth'?). I'm not an expert but I believe it's supposed to represent the pinnacle of power that a being can achieve in the Dragonball multiverse.

Edit: Pinnacle of 'fighting' power. Since their actual god can actually just erase shit from existence, he's clearly more powerful.

Last edited:

Codes 208

There was a leak that his dramatic finish against jiren was the double team with freeza at the climax of the ToP, so that being one of the best moments of the series, im ok with this.

decisions

Really wish they would move on the next game. This game had a great art style but is a mediocre fighting game that became tremendously boring a few weeks after release.

Top Bottom