• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ JP Boxart revealed

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Someone start a petition, this looks beyond awful.

dmqmdk_vqaa8mksb5uml.jpg

Neoxon

He doesn’t even go SSJ2 in-game.

It’s still tolerable compared to most DB games’ box art, but it could be much better.

Kade

They've already got the FGC convinced so they needed to go with a generic boxart to attract people who play Dragon Ball Z games.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
This would be better but it makes it look like 17 is its own character lol

Put 17 behind 18 and use Janemba on 17's previous spot and we have a way better boxart.

artdb_fighterz_compiljyuh6.jpg

NotLiquid

The box art in and of itself is okay.

But the fact that it doesn't emphasize the unique 3v3 structure makes it a pretty bad one for the game. It doesn't really tell me anything about it other than "yeah, this is another DBZ fighting game I guess", when it's so obvious Bamco want it to be so much more than that.

delta_reg

This looks pretty bad, honestly. It's generic Goku fighting pose and nothing else, even the art doesn't look great in comparison to how the game looks. It says nothing about the game other than it's a DBZ game.

HardRojo

The box art in and of itself is okay.

But the fact that it doesn't emphasize the unique 3v3 structure makes it a pretty bad one for the game. It doesn't really tell me anything about it other than "yeah, this is another DBZ fighting game I guess", when it's so obvious Bamco want it to be so much more than that.
This is basically my main problem with it, nothing tells you what kind of game to expect, they should've taken advantage of the 3v3 aspect and the fact that it is an actual fighting game to come up with a much more representative boxart.

This is pretty bad. There have been much better Dragon Ball,Arc fighters, and Bandai Namco boxarts.

I don’t know why modern Dragon Ball games are stuck with such boring covers. Is a simple groups shot to much to ask for?

Not saying these are all amazing but I’d take them over just generic Goku action pose. At least for Budokai 3 the darkness kind of gave it a minimalistic feel.

Top Bottom